ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND v. UL Game Thread

everytime book makes the right read on 3rd down and converts, or scrambles for a first down when a play breaks down, or escapes and throws the ball away to prevent a big loss, or escapes keeps his eyes down field and connects on a big play, none of this stuff looks as aesthetically pleasing like a 6'5 peyton manning clone with a rocket arm like trevor lawrence, but it all adds up to tons of productivity/value for NDs offense.

Book has 15 carries on almost 100 yards rushing right now to go along with another 200 yards passing with good efficiency stats.

he's a very good/underratted player.

He’s looked much better the 2nd half but that doesn’t excuse everything in the first half. Be unbiased

He’s looked much better the 2nd half but that doesn’t excuse everything in the first half. Be unbiased
there's 4 quarters in a game for a reason.

you evaluate a player based on his performance holistically ... not based on a poor couple of drives.

Other than Hamilton, zero playing time for True FR in a game IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. You don’t get 4 auto wins every year.

there's 4 quarters in a game for a reason.

you evaluate a player based on his performance holistically ... not based on a poor couple of drives.

You rate a player based on his overall play. Are you saying there’s nothing you’d improve upon based on his play tonight.

I’m realistic. He’s looked good at times and bad at times.

Reactions: rgc7
We have to give props to Clark Lea tonight! He adjusted and they got nothing. He is a helluva coach.

Reactions: LH24ND
Nd just not that good tonite. Really uninspiring performance. Won on Louisville miscues

You rate a player based on his overall play. Are you saying there’s nothing you’d improve upon based on his play tonight.

I’m realistic. He’s looked good at times and bad at times.

If Book's first half was like his 2nd half, he would have 600 yards, and 4 TDs right now.

Of course he has stuff he can improve, but it's best to look at a player's performance holistically when coming to any conclusions about his performance.

Stars are able to correct poor performance in a game and make a big impact with a couple of good plays/drives.

If Book's first half was like his 2nd half, he would have 600 yards, and 4 TDs right now.

Of course he has stuff he can improve, but it's best to look at a player's performance holistically when coming to any conclusions about his performance.

Stars are able to correct poor performance in a game and make a big impact with a couple of good plays/drives.
Right because if they had passed for 200 yards in the first quarter there would have been no adjustments by the defense right? This is a silly statement.

Terrible play calling in the last few minutes.

Almost every top 10 team scored 40 or more points in their opening game.

ND should have done the same if they want to gain more credibility!

Stars are able to correct poor performance with a couple of big plays or drives in a hurry.

I’d say against Louisville, those are the stats he should have. If you want to anoint him a star, get rid of the fumbles. The happy feet. The not looking over the middle. The locking in on receivers.

Book is a serviceable QB. He’s nowhere near a difference maker or a star. And I like the kid.

What a wasted opportunity to get FR one of their 4 games without burning redshirts.

I'd really like someone to tell me who ND has on offense right now outside of chase claypool who looks banged up himself (always getting up gimpy after every reception).

Ian Book looks better creating/rushing the football than Tony Jones Jr did.

The bye week in this instance might be quite necessary.

As of right now, they will get their heads handed to them in Athens. UGA will load the box and put a spy on Book. Team is really thin at WR. Hopefully Claypool is not concussed.

I'd really like someone to tell me who ND has on offense right now outside of chase claypool who looks banged up himself (always getting up gimpy after every reception).

Ian Book looks better creating/rushing the football than Tony Jones Jr did.

We have comparable talent or better offensively than 95% of the other teams out there.

ND was favored by 20 points and won by 17 pts. Everybody thinks the game looked awful on NDs part but this is pretty much who ND is.

We have comparable talent or better offensively than 95% of the other teams out there.
NDs competition isn't 95% of teams, it's the top 5% of teams all vying for a playoff spot. NDs skill position players are way behind that level.

The QB and Oline are really good. The rest of the offense has a LONG way to go.

NDs competition isn't 95% of teams, it's the top 5% of teams all vying for a playoff spot. NDs skill position players are way behind that level.

Are you saying Louisville has top5 talent? Go to sleep

Tremble or claypool .... Jones had good stats but it was when he had huge holes, he ran so so so soft in short yardage

I can agree with that. I give the nod to 24. He stepped up, not expected. Don’t think he dropped anything and made really good catches. Played fast also. Looks like he could really dominate.

Skill positions are the least of NDs worries.. Defense and QB stand out.. talk about being behind the elite teams.. you think if Tua or Lawrence we’re behind center @ ND, they’d be contenders?

Defense? Alohi brought it. Passion. Hamilton and White played well.

You thought that the OLine played well on pass protection ?

Skill positions are the least of NDs worries.. Defense and QB stand out.. talk about being behind the elite teams.. you think if Tua or Lawrence we’re behind center @ ND, they’d be contenders?

Take NDs skill players and compare them to what Tua and Lawrence are working with is my point.

I thought Ian Book made the most of what he had to work with, and rebounded from a really poor first quarter and carried the offense on his back and got the W

It gets frustrating as hell watching this guy get shat on every single game with non stop criticism despite how productive he is with very limited help outside of his really good offensive line.

You thought that the OLine played well on pass protection ?

I was referring more to the holes big enough for tony jones jr to rush for 7 yards per carry.

Also i think the QB is to blame as much as the oline based on sacks/hurries/etc.

You notice how once Book settled in all the sudden it seemed like Louisville had no pass rush.

Not to say that some of that wasn't the fault of the oline, but a lot of it was the fault of the qb not making the right reads/being decisive/confident with where to go with the ball.

Anyone defending Book’s 1st half performance should never be taken seriously again.

Credit to Book, while not perfect in the 2nd half, he adjusted and cut out a lot his earlier mistakes. He still missed some throws and reads, but he finally started finding the middle routes thatve eluded him thus far in his short career. Now let’s see if he can put a full game together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT