ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame @ NC game thread

I think Sark has done a good job so far. But a few more losses and the vultures will circle. This was a game they were favored to win. They really could have won this and the Alabama game, but they let it slip away.

Last edited:
I do not understand why everyone is hating on the defense today. I thought it was good as I still can not figure out how UNC ended with 32 points, felt like we played a lot better than that. The last long touchdown was just a young DB not understanding the situation. Even if your in zone, you don’t need to try and cover the short route when you know everyone is running deep. It’s something that will be easily coached in the next film review.

I do not understand why everyone is hating on the defense today. I thought it was good as I still can not figure out how UNC ended with 32 points, felt like we played a lot better than that. The last long touchdown was just a young DB not understanding the situation. Even if your in zone, you don’t need to try and cover the short route when you know everyone is running deep. It’s something that will be easily coached in the next film review.
ND dominated. After the first UNC score, the Irish took control. I don’t completely blame the young DB on the last TD. He did mess up. No doubt. But why have the corner back run a blitz on 4th and 21 ? All they need to do is rush 2 or 3 and don’t let anything behind them. That’s on Golden.

Reactions: christophero
ND dominated. After the first UNC score, the Irish took control. I don’t completely blame the young DB on the last TD. He did mess up. No doubt. But why have the corner back run a blitz on 4th and 21 ? All they need to do is rush 2 or 3 and don’t let anything behind them. That’s on Golden.
Indeed. This game was all ND. On both sides of the ball....

Reactions: christophero
Agreed. Despite the score it was a dominating win. We appear to be improving. Freeman just beat a National Champion coach on the road.

Happy they won. But the defense plays like jeckyl and Hyde. This game should have been over ten minutes before it ended. But the Irish find ways of giving teams life
There were two turnovers, one on downs in the third when Pyne got stopped on the sneak, and one in the fourth when Estime fumbled into the end zone. Those took off at least 10 points for us and resulted in 14 points for them.

I was very impressed with our performance. Defense had a few lapses, but Carolina has a good offense.

Last edited:
Cam Hart isn't young

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Guess I'll just warn everyone, don't get upset today; we are simply not a good football team. Our skill position players are just not ghat good. I'm actually stunned watching this team that anyone thought we should be ranked. Hopefully the rebuild won't take more than this season
WRONG !

This team flat out sucks. Terrible. Grupe n o line embarrassment. Pyne has no biz dub 1. This is not a major coach issue. It’s a player issue.
that said, when are we ever going to teach how to defend a pass when you are running with your back to the QB?
WRONG !

Oline being dominating...good to see. Execution on both sides of the ball has improved. Yes Heels is defense is terrible BUT they are all D1 players. ND is not doing this against a high school team.
I give the entire ND coaching staff a lot of credit in this game.
👍

Oh, so now the wind has changed, the tides have changed and now you’re jumping on the bandwagon.

You’re a fair weather fan at best !
There is no bandwagon. We have 2 losses. Im glad we looked like a legit team today though. This can be a turning point game

And I've always been a MF supporter and never wavered on that so your post doesnt make sense

There is no bandwagon. We have 2 losses. Im glad we looked like a legit team today though. This can be a turning point game

And I've always been a MF supporter and never wavered on that so your post doesnt make sense
It does to everyone but you !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT