ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame @ NC game thread

Oline being dominating...good to see. Execution on both sides of the ball has improved. Yes Heels is defense is terrible BUT they are all D1 players. ND is not doing this against a high school team.
I give the entire ND coaching staff a lot of credit in this game.

Oline being dominating...good to see. Execution on both sides of the ball has improved. Yes Heels is defense is terrible BUT they are all D1 players. ND is not doing this against a high school team.
I give the entire ND coaching staff a lot of credit in this game.
According to 247, UNC has the 16th most talented roster in the country. My guess is that most of the talent is on offense though.

His head is up. He hits him in the chest with his facemask. No launching. The targeting should be reversed.

Everyone that's been b*tching about the D. The D had held 2 top 10 offenses to 20 points. Anyone being critical of the D doesn't know football.

Reactions: PHJIndy
This sucker is in the bag. This is like old times. If it's going to be like this all season, then Rees can stay. Because this is the highly effective ND football I've come to know and love...

Reactions: christophero
This sucker is in the bag. This is like old times. If it's going to be like this all season, then Rees can stay. Because this is the highly effective ND football I've come to know and love...
I sure hope you're right, but it's still early.

That is classic. Two DQs in successive weeks. I guess old boy didn't learn his lesson, even it was a 'soft' targeting....

But he wasn't guilty of targeting this time!
The problem as I understand it, is that as long as it's a head to head hit. No matter how much of was not the player's intent or it just continuous action/reaction. By rule, the officials have to call it targeting.

Anyone remember that ridiculous targeting call on Tuitt years ago? That was bad.

The problem as I understand it, is that as long as it's a head to head hit. No matter how much of was not the player's intent or it just continuous action/reaction. By rule, the officials have to call it targeting.

Anyone remember that ridiculous targeting call on Tuitt years ago? That was bad.
No heads involved in that hit! You need to look at it again.

There are lots of questionable targeting calls made. I imagine the refs are encouraged to err on the side of calling it....

I thought he broke the plane, but he didn't.
I sure wish they would have got that one!

Wow, amazing play at the goal line by unc. Unfortunate end to a dominant series by estime and the ol.

Damn it I wanted #7 to score so bad. And 52 to whatever would have looked so good. But 45-to whatever will look good also.

Wow, amazing play at the goal line by unc. Unfortunate end to a dominant series by estime and the ol.
Looks like he was trying to reach the ball over and lost control. It was an error of trying, I can live with that. Not a listless play like the last two games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT