ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Notre Dame

How many times are people going to ask this?

My first calls would be to;

Meyer, Petersen, Whittingham, Riley, Shaw

in that order.
Be realistic. Everyone knows those 5 coaches you name will never come to ND. Give us a realistic coach or STHU!

Stop the nonsense.
Just stop.

There were two teams since the playoff began that got obliterated.

Michigan State and....

US!!!

Notre Dame.

Washington lost 24-7

They actually scored a touchdown.

We couldn't even sniff the endzone

OU should have beat Geirgia in a shootout two years ago.

OU scored a bit on Alabama this past season.

Michigan State lone playoff game was just like ours.

They got obliterated. We got obliterated.

The others had much much much much better showings.

But hey...

Training tables and jumbo trons

I watched that Washington game. They had no chance. OU has a generational QB and it is still not enough. I will go out on a limb. If Bill Belichick and his entire staff were in charge of ND since Jan 2019 and had this entire time to formulate a plan and get all of the players synced up in their system to the best of their abilities as if they had been doing it for four years, they would still be absolutely long shots to beat Bama or Clemson.

There are just not enough players on ND to compete which is the case of about every team that is not Clemson or Alabama. The only reason why Clemson beat Bama last year is a bunch of guys who could have gone pro decided not to go pro.

You could bring in some guy who is a compilation of every ND coach in the past you say is great but somehow up to speed with the 21st century and it still would not matter. If any team surprises either of those two teams in the playoffs and wins I call it the upset of the century.

You would need to somehow replicate what OSU did to Alabama. But how do you game plan to make a massive style change going into the game and somehow get the team hyped up because they lost a team member. And then your style change just happens to be the one thing Alabama was not prepared for.

Does anyone doubt that BK can't go undefeated with Bama's team? Do you think Saban can do any better with the players in South Bend? Saban answered that question when he left East Lansing long ago.

Reactions: tbonesays
I watched that Washington game. They had no chance. OU has a generational QB and it is still not enough. I will go out on a limb. If Bill Belichick and his entire staff were in charge of ND since Jan 2019 and had this entire time to formulate a plan and get all of the players synced up in their system to the best of their abilities as if they had been doing it for four years, they would still be absolutely long shots to beat Bama or Clemson.

There are just not enough players on ND to compete which is the case of about every team that is not Clemson or Alabama. The only reason why Clemson beat Bama last year is a bunch of guys who could have gone pro decided not to go pro.

You could bring in some guy who is a compilation of every ND coach in the past you say is great but somehow up to speed with the 21st century and it still would not matter. If any team surprises either of those two teams in the playoffs and wins I call it the upset of the century.

You would need to somehow replicate what OSU did to Alabama. But how do you game plan to make a massive style change going into the game and somehow get the team hyped up because they lost a team member. And then your style change just happens to be the one thing Alabama was not prepared for.

Does anyone doubt that BK can't go undefeated with Bama's team? Do you think Saban can do any better with the players in South Bend? Saban answered that question when he left East Lansing long ago.
Hello limb...

I'm reality.

If you are going to join in the convo please follow along.

Nobody at this point is even complaining about BEATING those teams......

You have to crawl before you can walk and we can't even get out of the God damn crib.

We aren't competitive in any of these major bowl games.

Now ask yourself this question...

In the regular season when we've had the elites right in front of us what happens?

We are right there within a score of winning or tying. Extremely close hard fought game. Never quite enough to get over the hump but we're right there.

When we face the same type of quality teams with a month to prepare we aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Why is that? .

We're using the same players, same coaches etc.

Yet with a week or two at most to prepare we are very close but with a month or more it is amateur night.

That's the entire problem right there.

Those coaches have extra time to go over every nook and cranny makimg sure that they are in fact making sure.

We prepare for the game as if it's just another MAC foe on the schedule.

Hence the shellacking that ensues.

Rewind the same game back to a regular season matchup we look damn close. Even in a position to win.

College football will forever have a post season going forward. Notre Dame it appears going forward will continue to participate in said post season.

The evidence is already laid that if we really want a title it will NEVER happen under BK.

If you're ok with that then celebrate it.

If you'd like to see the team achieve just a little more a change must take place.

It's really that simple.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Whittingham wouldn't come to Notre Dame? Come on man.

Highly doubt it. It would take an enormous offer by Notre Dame, coupled with some circumstances. He played at BYU. His family (wife included) have deep ties to the state. His family is Mormon and they live in the best area of the country to participate in that lifestyle. He and his wife are both easily on pace to max out their state pension plans, on top of his 3.3 million dollar per year salary. He turned down the Tennessee job in 2010. His 4 kids have never lived anywhere but Utah... His family endows scholarships at the University.

For you it's only about football, but for Kyle and his family, who have only ever lived in a beautiful area out west, where they have everything they need and are surrounded by family and friends that fit their lifestyle, it's about a lot more. Utah vs Indiana = no contest for him. He's beloved in state.

Highly doubt it. It would take an enormous offer by Notre Dame, coupled with some circumstances. He played at BYU. His family (wife included) have deep ties to the state. His family is Mormon and they live in the best area of the country to participate in that lifestyle. He and his wife are both easily on pace to max out their state pension plans, on top of his 3.3 million dollar per year salary. He turned down the Tennessee job in 2010. His 4 kids have never lived anywhere but Utah... His family endows scholarships at the University.

For you it's only about football, but for Kyle and his family, who have only ever lived in a beautiful area out west, where they have everything they need and are surrounded by family and friends that fit their lifestyle, it's about a lot more. Utah vs Indiana = no contest for him. He's beloved in state.
I love responses like that.

Having breakfast and lunch and definitely exchanging gifts over the holidays.

Whatever.

You KNOW as much about the situation as anyone here. Writing a Hallmark story based on someone else's story means exactly you've apparently enough time to go around digging up someone else's story. Absolutely genius.

Nobody will go anywhere or do anything right up until they count how many figures are to the left of the decimal point and then it's a new perspective.

Its 2019 and money is the judge, jury and executioner.

Notre Dame also needs to want more than almost and trying hard.

Until then it's get real close then get embarrassed with Brian Kelly.

Rinse and repeat

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Hello limb...

I'm reality.

If you are going to join in the convo please follow along.

Nobody at this point is even complaining about BEATING those teams......

You have to crawl before you can walk and we can't even get out of the God damn crib.

We aren't competitive in any of these major bowl games.

Now ask yourself this question...

In the regular season when we've had the elites right in front of us what happens?

We are right there within a score of winning or tying. Extremely close hard fought game. Never quite enough to get over the hump but we're right there.

When we face the same type of quality teams with a month to prepare we aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Why is that? .

We're using the same players, same coaches etc.

Yet with a week or two at most to prepare we are very close but with a month or more it is amateur night.

That's the entire problem right there.

Those coaches have extra time to go over every nook and cranny makimg sure that they are in fact making sure.

We prepare for the game as if it's just another MAC foe on the schedule.

Hence the shellacking that ensues.

Rewind the same game back to a regular season matchup we look damn close. Even in a position to win.

College football will forever have a post season going forward. Notre Dame it appears going forward will continue to participate in said post season.

The evidence is already laid that if we really want a title it will NEVER happen under BK.

If you're ok with that then celebrate it.

If you'd like to see the team achieve just a little more a change must take place.

It's really that simple.
The reason why teams like Bama win more decisively with more time is because when you have better players, time is on your side. That is why I pointed out OSU with Cardale Jones. Alabama had practically no film for their army of analysts to break down. Even then OSU needed all pro skill players in Elliot and Thomas to pull it off.

How is ND going to recruit and get those kinds of players? Meyer is never going to come to ND for the same reason Holtz left. The players will never be good enough.

The reason why teams like Bama win more decisively with more time is because when you have better players, time is on your side. That is why I pointed out OSU with Cardale Jones. Alabama had practically no film for their army of analysts to break down. Even then OSU needed all pro skill players in Elliot and Thomas to pull it off.

How is ND going to recruit and get those kinds of players? Meyer is never going to come to ND for the same reason Holtz left. The players will never be good enough.

Then how do you account for Notre Dame going undefeated in the 2012 and 2018 regular season and within 2 plays of going undefeated in 2015.

ND should have beaten Clemson in 2015, turnovers and dropped passes in a torrential rain storm saved Clemson, not superior talent.

Is it coaching or talent ?

2012, 2015 and 2018 bowl games were enormously disappointing!

Are you high or have you been watching the NFL drafts? Notre Dame tends to put a lot of players in the draft, they recruit as well as almost anyone and that's with a mediocre recruiter and above average coach on the sidelines.

If we had a guy that knew how to put a gameplan together and didn't keep running the same exact plays over and over again maybe we could find the endzone. Our defense was fine, even then it took injuries to Love and Gillman mid game for Clemson to start scoring. (It was 10-3 at the end of the first half)

Our offense was horrendous in that game, hell we ran halfback draw plays on 3rd and 8 twice! The play calling was so bad I was calling out the plays that we were going to run before the snap, don't you think Clemson saw it coming as well? Hell I think there needs to be an investigation into whether or not Chip Long was shaving points.

There might have been a talent differential but the biggest talent difference is on the sidelines. It's not a talent problem, it's a coaching problem, and it has been for 9 years.

Even then, we're still better than Michigan.

Are you high or have you been watching the NFL drafts? Notre Dame tends to put a lot of players in the draft, they recruit as well as almost anyone and that's with a mediocre recruiter and above average coach on the sidelines.

If we had a guy that knew how to put a gameplan together and didn't keep running the same exact plays over and over again maybe we could find the endzone. Our defense was fine, even then it took injuries to Love and Gillman mid game for Clemson to start scoring. (It was 10-3 at the end of the first half)

Our offense was horrendous in that game, hell we ran halfback draw plays on 3rd and 8 twice! The play calling was so bad I was calling out the plays that we were going to run before the snap, don't you think Clemson saw it coming as well? Hell I think there needs to be an investigation into whether or not Chip Long was shaving points.

There might have been a talent differential but the biggest talent difference is on the sidelines. It's not a talent problem, it's a coaching problem, and it has been for 9 years.

Even then, we're still better than Michigan.
Well as a Michigan fan I would be very happy to have the success ND has had the last ten years. I did an apples to apples check of the 2008-2018 drafts. Alabama had 65 picks and ND 32. ND had 8 1st round picks and 11 2nd. Alabama had 81st round picks in 2017-2018 equaling ND in 2 years. So yes I have been watching NFL drafts. Alabama via quantity and quality is obliterating ND in terms of chess pieces to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT