ADVERTISEMENT

KVA update

Loy says ND is confident. Singer says iffy. Loy has been wrong a lot as of late. Singer is usually level headed. Driskell usually optimistic.

Either way, he’s talked to Hamilton, Manti, and Jaylon Smith recently so it sounds like he is quite serious. Get this one and Lambert and you save the class for the most part.
I follow that HS program closely, and I would not be surprised at any decision this kid makes. Extremely cerebral kid, places a very high priority on academics, a little introverted, and KVA wearing Ohio St. gloves last weekend at a 7V7 does not mean squat.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Loy says ND is confident. Singer says iffy. Loy has been wrong a lot as of late. Singer is usually level headed. Driskell usually optimistic.

Either way, he’s talked to Hamilton, Manti, and Jaylon Smith recently so it sounds like he is quite serious. Get this one and Lambert and you save the class for the most part.
Singer was consistently wrong throughout 22 on keeley/Bowen and others. His “ sources” have never been impressive. Loy has said he was a lock so I’m sure he’s sticking with that. Good that he’s covering all basis and chatting with ex players. Plenty of pics with him and palamalu / mays while at sc and probably conversations with Osu guys too. No idea where he goes but this isn’t a make or break deal like it was with manti.

Singer was consistently wrong throughout 22 on keeley/Bowen and others. His “ sources” have never been impressive. Loy has said he was a lock so I’m sure he’s sticking with that. Good that he’s covering all basis and chatting with ex players. Plenty of pics with him and palamalu / mays while at sc and probably conversations with Osu guys too. No idea where he goes but this isn’t a make or break deal like it was with manti.
Guy must make a pretty good living out of rolling his eyes, making playground faces and saying "Man....I wish I knew"......because he keeps doing it over and over again.

Reactions: baron100

Class doesn't need to be saved.

Those 2 would be huge additions though.

If we land Lambert, then we are 1 top wr away from an elite offensive class

Class doesn't need to be saved.

Those 2 would be huge additions though.

If we land Lambert, then we are 1 top wr away from an elite offensive class

We need to do better to win a championship. “Needing to do better” itself is an opinion in proportion to one’s expectations for future success.

Singer level-headed? Since when?

Reactions: sjb75
Since a large block struck him in the not too distant past!
So sources say KVA has made up his mind. He is now going away for a week on a church outing where he plans to think and confirm his decision before announcing on July 23

So sources say KVA has made up his mind. He is now going away for a week on a church outing where he plans to think and confirm his decision before announcing on July 23
Well.. did these sources tell you where he is going?

No sources but if I had to guess its USC.
most sources say OSU

This is the type of high level recruit ND has to win. Losing both of our top 2 LB recruits the same year to OSU that are really good fits at ND would be a hard pill to swallow.

most sources say OSU

This is the type of high level recruit ND has to win. Losing both of our top 2 LB recruits the same year to OSU that are really good fits at ND would be a hard pill to swallow.
Stover and KVA?

Pierce and KVA.... you can add stover to the list too, forgot about him. That would be 3 of our top LBs we thought we had a good shot at.
Nah on Pierce. Staff didn't love him, LUrinatis did though. He wasn't a top target after jl left. Stover and KVA yes though

We already do consistently recruit nationally
This is not the case.

Right now we do well in a few regions, but do not have any real 5 star pipelines.

We do really well in Texas, but not as well as Texas schools.

We do really well in NC but not as well as Clemson

We do ok in California, but not as well as Oregon, USC, etc.

We do well in Midwest but not as well as Michigan and OSU

We do well in NE but fight penn state and acc schools.

Do we recruit nationally sure. Do we recruit at a very good or elite level nationally? Nope.

This is not the case.

Right now we do well in a few regions, but do not have any real 5 star pipelines.

Do we recruit nationally sure. Do we recruit at a very good or elite level nationally? Nope.
You want "...real" 5-Star pipelines? For certain kids, there are ethical lines you need to cross.

Reactions: Classic Irish
This is not the case.

We recruit at a very good level nationally, absolutely. Elite, no

You can still recruit well without getting 5 stars. That doesn't determine everything

We do very well nationally

Reactions: mirer03
We recruit at a very good level nationally, absolutely. Elite, no

You can still recruit well without getting 5 stars. That doesn't determine everything

We do very well nationally
Except for natys most years....

Except for natys most years....
So anyone who doesn't win a NC doesn't recruit well nationally?

You're talking about 2 different things here

We recruit very well nationally. We get basically nothing from in state. Everything we do is nationally.

You want "...real" 5-Star pipelines? For certain kids, there are ethical lines you need to cross.

Nothing unethical about paying players that made and continue to make ND absurdly wealthy and what it is. Unethical to make billions off highly skilled people though when they never saw/see a dime besides a scholarship they could get anywhere. Jack and co have done that for decades without pause just resistance to pay their due. Old white men making billions of majority AA labor. Let capitalism reign.

Last edited:
Insanely better and more talented than the 2 lbs we landed
I think he's better right now than both I agree.

I think they both have more talent and upside than Pierce.

Pierce is a limited athlete type player. Both of those are more athletic

Nothing unethical about paying players that made and continue to make ND absurdly wealthy and what it is. Unethical to make billions off highly skilled people though when they never saw/see a dime besides a scholarship they could get anywhere. Jack and co have done that for decades without pause just resistance to pay their due. Old white men making billions of majority AA labor. Let capitalism reign.
Tennessee agrees with you.

Reactions: Classic Irish
According to reports, it sounds like KVA has made up his mind and it sounds like it could be OSU as he loves Laurinitis.

I read an article on Eleven Warriors about the tremendous one-two recruiting punch that OSU has with Laurinitis and Hartline who are both still only 36 and can relate to young recruits (and vice-versa) very well. Both still have many of their NFL skills which really impresses young recruits. In other words, it's "do as I do" and not "do what I tell you" like what happens with many older asst. coaches around the country

KVA is struggling. He and his family really like ND but many of his people are pulling for USC and for him to continue the Samoan legacy there.
This is going to be a battle
What’s the word now on KVA? things have been pretty quiet

What’s the word now on KVA? things have been pretty quiet
I heard tOSU had a very very slight lead going into a church getaway but radio silent since. This kid screams ND but tOSU puts on quite a show for kids who are looking to make it to the big show.
Sorry for not having better I fo

I heard tOSU had a very very slight lead going into a church getaway but radio silent since. This kid screams ND but tOSU puts on quite a show for kids who are looking to make it to the big show.
Sorry for not having better I fo
Well, church getaways are always good for nd. Sounds like the kid is really ambivalent, this one may not be over until signing day

Hahaha. Confirmed a bleeding ❤️

He announces at 5:00 Tommorrow EST. Right now, it sounds like OSU has a very slight lead over ND and USC

He announces at 5:00 Tommorrow EST. Right now, it sounds like OSU has a very slight lead over ND and USC
This goes to December. If freeman proves he can win some big games and develop guys I think we get him regardless of what happens tomorrow. And same pertains to Scott that’s a saga that isn’t over

Reactions: theskibro
I have intel but am not at liberty to report all of it. I will reveal that tOSU was ahead a few weeks ago. The visit to ND put them in a really good spot especiallywith his family. His visit to tOSU will be very important.
As what frequently happens, it comes down their basic sales pitches....we'll get you to the show vs 4 for 40 and we are getting better
Is it really "Show vs 4 for 40?"

ND has 45 (i may be off 1 or 2) current players in the NFL. 5 of which are LBs. That doesn't even include Jaylon Smith who I am surprised nobody has signed after recording 88 tackles with NYG last year. Obviously, OSU has more (60, 8)... but it not like a huge difference.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT