ADVERTISEMENT

KVA update

baron100

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 19, 2004
Read Singer’s write up and although he didn’t mention it I see SC as a player here until the end. Bosco kids basically boycotted sc during Helton tenure but Riley may have turned the ship a bit. They just signed 4 star cb teammate of kva and may flip Woodyard. The kid talks about business schools and Marshall school at sc is one of the best and real strong in real estate which he wants. Everyone is talking nd/OSU but I’m not discounting sc in this one.

Speculation/ guessing , or you have intel?
I have intel but am not at liberty to report all of it. I will reveal that tOSU was ahead a few weeks ago. The visit to ND put them in a really good spot especiallywith his family. His visit to tOSU will be very important.
As what frequently happens, it comes down their basic sales pitches....we'll get you to the show vs 4 for 40 and we are getting better

I have intel but am not at liberty to report all of it. I will reveal that tOSU was ahead a few weeks ago. The visit to ND put them in a really good spot especiallywith his family. His visit to tOSU will be very important.
As what frequently happens, it comes down their basic sales pitches....we'll get you to the show vs 4 for 40 and we are getting better
interesting, I guess we’ll see what spin Larianitis offers. I have zero intel—- but given the kids interest in business/business school I would think a usc/nd battle and sc is in his backyard.

What’s your source saying?

This decision is impossible to read definitively. I would not be surprised if any of the three finalists are selected.

Most Cali recruits are a crapshoot. Not surprised if they are warm on ND or cold. Freeman could probably find a PA kid from a steel mill town and get the same results on the field.

Most Cali recruits are a crapshoot. Not surprised if they are warm on ND or cold. Freeman could probably find a PA kid from a steel mill town and get the same results on the field.
??? Don’t believe this is accurate , it’s 2023 not 1953

KVA is struggling. He and his family really like ND but many of his people are pulling for USC and for him to continue the Samoan legacy there.
This is going to be a battle

If you’re struggling that hard between staying home with USC or traveling across the country to play at ND, then I think that answers the question of what you should do. Obviously you go to ND. You wouldn’t struggle with a decision like that if ND wasn’t the right choice.

If you’re struggling that hard between staying home with USC or traveling across the country to play at ND, then I think that answers the question of what you should do. Obviously you go to ND. You wouldn’t struggle with a decision like that if ND wasn’t the right choice.
He's a ND type of kid too. Let's hope he pulls a Manti

Reactions: sjb75
SC degree is great if you are in SOCAL and much of the west. . ND degree is great in SOCAL, the Midwest, well.... anywhere.

Loy seemed to think this was an nd lock not too long ago but apparently SC is really pushing their academic pitch as well. and depending on the source—-Forbes, WSJ, USnews etc. , lots of schools have a great story to tell. I know no one wants to believe it so do the research on your own but several schools are either ahead of us or behind depending on the ranking service. plenty of schools no longer provide information to US News ( Stanford is one) , due to historical inaccuracies. the difference between # 20, 40, 60 becomes almost meaningless and very subjective depending on the criteria you use. Obviously every other football powerhouse knows our pitch is 40 not 4 and you can be assured they have data to combat that. KVA stated he wants business and Real Estate and wants to own property in socal. A good friend of mine is an SC alum and partner at an LA real estate firm ,they routinely have 2-4 ballers working for them. Believe me SC is prepared to match any 40 not 4 story we have to tell. I sure as hell hope he chooses nd but I don’t think it’ll just be about the academic piece—-hopefully cmf as an ex lb and now HC will be a persuader

Loy seemed to think this was an nd lock not too long ago but apparently SC is really pushing their academic pitch as well. and depending on the source—-Forbes, WSJ, USnews etc. , lots of schools have a great story to tell. I know no one wants to believe it so do the research on your own but several schools are either ahead of us or behind depending on the ranking service. plenty of schools no longer provide information to US News ( Stanford is one) , due to historical inaccuracies. the difference between # 20, 40, 60 becomes almost meaningless and very subjective depending on the criteria you use. Obviously every other football powerhouse knows our pitch is 40 not 4 and you can be assured they have data to combat that. KVA stated he wants business and Real Estate and wants to own property in socal. A good friend of mine is an SC alum and partner at an LA real estate firm ,they routinely have 2-4 ballers working for them. Believe me SC is prepared to match any 40 not 4 story we have to tell. I sure as hell hope he chooses nd but I don’t think it’ll just be about the academic piece—-hopefully cmf as an ex lb and now HC will be a persuader
Notre Dame is a private, spiritually based university with an undergrad population far smaller than USC. And Ohio State is far larger than USC. The day to day lives at these three universities are very very different, and the overall culture and who you come in contact with on a daily basis are also very different.

I wish KVA well, whatever he decides.

Notre Dame is a private, spiritually based university with an undergrad population far smaller than USC. And Ohio State is far larger than USC. The day to day lives at these three universities are very very different, and the overall culture and who you come in contact with on a daily basis are also very different.

I wish KVA well, whatever he decides.
Yep, southern cal and ND are very, very different places.

USC is a very good academic school. I think the difference is if you go to ND you actually have to go to class and you will learn and graduate. At both schools you can learn and be surrounded by smart successful people. ND though does not segregate athletes from regular students. If you want to only play football then there is not much point of going to ND. If you are very disciplined and want to learn and thrive to do better than you can go to USC or ND. If you need some prodding then go to ND as the school / program is set up to help you succeed.

Reactions: BGI User 756
The GSR, which are the graduation stats for football players that the NCAA publishes since the 80’s, tells a different story. ND is always top 3; USC has years where it’s not even in top 50.

USC is a real good academic school, but has not been for football players. Buyer beware

Reactions: edub72 and sjb75
Years ago Barry Switzer would tell an Oklahoma recruit who was on the fence that they would win the national championship with or without him. I am going to adjust his quote. A Lincoln Riley defense will always be average with or without KVA.

Where did you hear this? Not announcing for another couple weeks
It's been implied on their sites for awhile now and when 4-star CB Miles Lockhart (Arizona) committed to OSU today, he made a shoutout to CB Aaron Scott and KVA to go ahead and finally pull the trigger and make it known as many think they're silents to OSU who's starting to pull in a monster defensive class

But who really knows as we're dealing with 17 year old kids who can change their minds at any time

It's been implied on their sites for awhile now and when 4-star CB Miles Lockhart (Arizona) committed to OSU today, he made a shoutout to CB Aaron Scott and KVA to go ahead and finally pull the trigger and make it known as many think they're silents to OSU who's starting to pull in a monster defensive class

But who really knows as we're dealing with 17 year old kids who can change their minds at any time
LMAO.

This story is four years old, so things may have since changed at USC, but it does not paint a flattering picture of the school's academic situation:

But there is no doubt USC has its allure for many really good HS football players, and we have lost many recruiting battles to them.

This story is four years old, so things may have since changed at USC, but it does not paint a flattering picture of the school's academic situation:

But there is no doubt USC has its allure for many really good HS football players, and we have lost many recruiting battles to them.
I lived in LA for almost 20 years & lived close enough to South Bend IN for over 20 years so i feel I can speak on the lifestyle/culture of both places. Ive been a die hard ND fan all my life, but if I had to pick a school to attend it would be USC all day & twice on Sunday. Los Angeles just has so much more to offer & the allure of the weather, women, and fun is hard to compete with.

I lived in LA for almost 20 years & lived close enough to South Bend IN for over 20 years so i feel I can speak on the lifestyle/culture of both places. Ive been a die hard ND fan all my life, but if I had to pick a school to attend it would be USC all day & twice on Sunday. Los Angeles just has so much more to offer & the allure of the weather, women, and fun is hard to compete with.
As an 18 year old I get the allure but knowing what I know now, LA is absolute garbage and would rather live in South Dakota. Choosing ND takes a kid who’s mature beyond his years

There is no doubt that LA offers the allure you ascribe to it, but sometimes you learn that all that glitters is not gold. I lived in SoCal for a couple of years, and while the weather was certainly a big plus, I found many people were inauthentic, and too many were complete phonies. Lots of glitz, not enough substance. Not everyone's cup of tea, I guess.

There is no doubt that LA offers the allure you ascribe to it, but sometimes you learn that all that glitters is not gold. I lived in SoCal for a couple of years, and while the weather was certainly a big plus, I found many people were inauthentic, and too many were complete phonies. Lots of glitz, not enough substance. Not everyone's cup of tea, I guess.
I've lived in so. California my entire life, near Los Angeles. It's definitely my cup of tea.

Reactions: 1Redrum
He’s headed to OSU
Possibly, but these are 17 year old kids that can change their mind in a heart beat.

But the one board that really seems to be in tune to recruiting is OSU's Eleven Warriors and they've hit the nail on the head with quite a few recruits this year. Right now a few of them are calling KVA as a silent. We'll see - like I said we're dealing with kids.

Reactions: BucksLAN
Notre Dame had 28,351 freshman applicants last school year, for around 2,000 spots. They will survive.

Reactions: tbone3114
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT