ADVERTISEMENT

Irvin Update

So Irvin was all USC, but USC wouldn't take his committment last summer, and then as of yesterday was still all USC if USC wanted him, but USC didn't have room for him, but then made room for him, but then Washington talked him out of committing yesterday . . . so maybe he's going to Alabama.

I know you're just passing info along as you get it, but did USC really back off of somebody in order to make room for Irvin? If so, who was it?

So Irvin was all USC, but USC wouldn't take his committment last summer, and then as of yesterday was still all USC if USC wanted him, but USC didn't have room for him, but then made room for him, but then Washington talked him out of committing yesterday . . . so maybe he's going to Alabama.

I know you're just passing info along as you get it, but did USC really back off of somebody in order to make room for Irvin? If so, who was it?

No. Green declared for the draft the other day which may have been the ride they added. Also some walk-ons are on one year rides.SC is up against the 85 cap. Each transfer or when guys declared for the draft opened a spot . Also things change. SC may think a guy is coming but then is says he is not. It different from being up against the 25 annual limit,

You can check Rival Staff posts if you belong to a paid site regarding his intent to declare to SC yesterday and UW's effect on him and Alabama's offer today.

No. Green declared for the draft the other day which may have been the ride they added. Also some walk-ons are on one year rides.SC is up against the 85 cap. Each transfer or when guys declared for the draft opened a spot . Also things change. SC may think a guy is coming but then is says he is not. It different from being up against the 25 annual limit,

You can check Rival Staff posts if you belong to a paid site regarding his intent to declare to SC yesterday and UW's effect on him and Alabama's offer today.

Shucks, I was kinda hoping you guys cooled off of a running back we could use.

And FWIW, I wasn't criticizing you. As I stated, I know you're just passing info along. You've been clear that you're not claiming to be an original source.

Shucks, I was kinda hoping you guys cooled off of a running back we could use.

And FWIW, I wasn't criticizing you. As I stated, I know you're just passing info along. You've been clear that you're not claiming to be an original source.

Now there is something we are hoping to add. We are looking for room to offer a second running back. Time is running out though.

honestly, I was excited at first and at this point who cares whom he signs with

This USC-Irvin thing reminds me of a girl who always found a way to show up whenever I started dating somebody new.

beach:
Things sure went quiet on Irvin after the Bama involvement.
GM is on DW. Your thoughts?
Is Sewell a lost cause?
No one wants Bama restocking.

May not be anything new with Irvin or at least not from NDs spot. Believe they are essentially eliminated.

May not be anything new with Irvin or at least not from NDs spot. Believe they are essentially eliminated.

That is what I have heard FWIW. It is between UW and SC, unless Alabama works is magic$. People close to him don't think he will chose Bama but he hasn't explored his welcome package yet.

Last edited:
Irvin is done -- No idea where, I think Bama wins him over on the OV this weekend but definitely not ND.

Boykin - Could be ND but doubtful. I think they slow played him too long thinking they had Irvin and now he is on commitment watch at Florida during his visit today.

Plamer
- Not going to be ND - Need to get him to visit to really get in the picture, he is ov'ing Clemson on the weekend he originally said he was coming to visit here... Clemson is going to get this.

ND is probably done at DB this cycle unless something crazy happens. I think they end with Keys and Patterson at OL and maybe the RB from Georgia although I am good if they don't take him.

Irvin is done -- No idea where, I think Bama wins him over on the OV this weekend but definitely not ND.

Boykin - Could be ND but doubtful. I think they slow played him too long thinking they had Irvin and now he is on commitment watch at Florida during his visit today.

Plamer
- Not going to be ND - Need to get him to visit to really get in the picture, he is ov'ing Clemson on the weekend he originally said he was coming to visit here... Clemson is going to get this.

ND is probably done at DB this cycle unless something crazy happens. I think they end with Keys and Patterson at OL and maybe the RB from Georgia although I am good if they don't take him.

ND did an in-home with Boykin last night.

Really Salahudin? Didn't know ND was in for him. Great pick up if it pans out.

ND hasn’t even offered him & this is the first time I’ve seen his name & ND ever mentioned together?
ND is not in it for him at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT