ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Derby 2024

THUNDERSTRUCK111

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 21, 2012
Who you guys like ?
Lots of buzz about Sierra Leone.
Fierceness looks the part especially if he gets his way.
Thoughts ?

Hell of a race. I had Sierra Leone, Fierceness and Resilance. I thought coming off the turn for home Resilance was gonna pull the upset but give Mystic Dan credit he came off the turn like he was shot out of a cannon and held on. Dont know if its true but a couple horse guys on twitter said if they went by the old line Sierra Leone would if won. I had my pick 6 staked to Charles Appleby horse Legend of Time and 1st year he came up goose eggs. Chad Brown horses on the turf seem to be back after a year hiatus. Gotta give my big bro I taught him how to read the PP'S and what to look for when he watches replays and man he finished up 2k for the 2 days. I finished down 300 😭.

Mystik Dan had the perfect rail riding trip. If either Sierra Leone and Forever Young hadn't played bumper cars down the stretch, one of them would have won. What also helped Mystik Dan was Dornoch did not break well from post 1. That gave Brian Hernandez, Mystik Dan's jockey, the room to go directly to the rail,

Chad Brown said Tyler Gafflione couldn't use a left hand whip on Sierra Leone, to straighten the horse out, without interferring with Forever Young. Ken McPeek said he's not sure Mystik Dan is headed to the Preakness.

Let's hope Churchill Downs reinstates Bob Baffert for the 2025 Derby.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT