ADVERTISEMENT

Help me here. Coaches coach, players play. So what is the ROI?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
This is not a negative post. I wish to encourage opinion. So tell me what you are thinking about the new hirings specifically as they relate to ROI

I love the new hirings, love that Jack S is behind the football program. Love the mo heading into the future. Believe in Coach Kelly.

But in light of the hirings of what seems to be the most incredible and vast staff I have ever seen at ND and maybe the collegiate level, I have to ask what should we expect as a ROI on the investment made in hiring 3 analysts, 4 grad assistants, a player dev guy, numerous other roles and then the actual coaching staff which increased in number with like 2 strength coaches, and on and on.

What if all the player dev, schemes, hard work still cannot compensate for a team that has more talent?

I don't want to suggest that we should win the universe championship but I think excuses will be in short supply if we falter. I love our talent, our coaches, our approach. I just am blown away by the ramp up, the money spent, etc I guess we should just sit back and enjoy the ride. I don't expect any bumps but if it gets bumpy there will not be anywhere to hide.

Thoughts? I think we just need to go forward with positive vibes because I cannot fault any hiring made, just in awe of the phenomenal ramp up.

Reactions: Bodizephax
This is not a negative post. I wish to encourage opinion. So tell me what you are thinking about the new hirings specifically as they relate to ROI

I love the new hirings, love that Jack S is behind the football program. Love the mo heading into the future. Believe in Coach Kelly.

But in light of the hirings of what seems to be the most incredible and vast staff I have ever seen at ND and maybe the collegiate level, I have to ask what should we expect as a ROI on the investment made in hiring 3 analysts, 4 grad assistants, a player dev guy, numerous other roles and then the actual coaching staff which increased in number with like 2 strength coaches, and on and on.

What if all the player dev, schemes, hard work still cannot compensate for a team that has more talent?

I don't want to suggest that we should win the universe championship but I think excuses will be in short supply if we falter. I love our talent, our coaches, our approach. I just am blown away by the ramp up, the money spent, etc I guess we should just sit back and enjoy the ride. I don't expect any bumps but if it gets bumpy there will not be anywhere to hide.

Thoughts? I think we just need to go forward with positive vibes because I cannot fault any hiring made, just in awe of the phenomenal ramp up.

I think Todd Lyght will win new comer assistant coach of the year. He knows how championship football is played and he has plenty of champions in the secondary.

This is not a negative reply. This is not a negative reply.

Sorry for the redundancy, but "ROI on the investment" made me do it.

To your question, have you seen campus lately? Crossroads. New research buildings. New dorms.

Get it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT