ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman, Golden, Parker

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
I feel that the game plan was very good along with the adjustments. They are finally looking like a real ND football team. It was just a tough loss. I have watched some teams in the past like Arkansas, TCU, Florida State lose games they should have won but the team becomes resilient and starts winning consistently once the confidence sets in. Freeman has to continue to work hard and push his players to keep playing to their potential. I like the power run game with the interchangeable parts better than the Rees offense. Here are some big suggestions:
1) Find a speedy defender to get to the QB. We are so close on so many plays and yet the other QB always seems to burn us. To stop Caleb Williams you will have to rush with more speed.
2) Pound the ball more with the run in the 1st half. Stop throwing the ball on 1st down. It is unnecessary. When the opposing D tires then open up the offense. I like the TE involvement. The OSU D was whipped at the end of the game because of the punishing offense in the second half.
3) Stay positive. Take care of business at Duke. Run the ball down their throats and then make a game plan to slow down Caleb Williams by countering his speed with defensive speed.
4) Stop worrying about the national championship and play for your school. It will all work out in the end if you stay the course.

Reactions: IrishMike409
i wouldn’t say this was excellent coaching.

1st half play calling was so conservative. 0 pts.

The last offense drive, our final 3 plays were brutal. 1st and 10 we take out Estime, 2 backs in the backfield, Hartman almost fumbles.

Last 2 plays 10 guys on the field.

We had so many chances to win and we didn’t. This feels like the Bush Push. Maybe worse…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT