ADVERTISEMENT

Run Heavy & Lots of RPO’s in 2024

IndyIrish24

Future coach
Sep 3, 2022
With Leonard’s ability to run, and with an insane stable of backs; Love, Price, Payne, Williams, Young, you’d have to think we will see a ton of read option / RPO offense in 2024, no?

Faison, Thomas, etc have to be licking their chops, they will likely have a lot of 1:1 coverage opportunities as teams load the box to stop the run and make Leonard throw.

With Leonard’s ability to run, and with an insane stable of backs; Love, Price, Payne, Williams, Young, you’d have to think we will see a ton of read option / RPO offense in 2024, no?

Faison, Thomas, etc have to be licking their chops, they will likely have a lot of 1:1 coverage opportunities as teams load the box to stop the run and make Leonard throw.
Don't forget KK and Mitchell too. Weapons galore finally. I hope Rairdon keeps improving as well as Flanagan.

The O line is our biggest concern. Oregon st had a bunch of backups on D. It’s the same story as 2023. Good teams will stonewall us unless we can throw. The only difference is Riley can - as you say - rpo. Hartman did not.

I also have confidence in Denbrock. So that’s 2 big differences in our offense. Rpo n our new coordinator. The O line remains suspect hopefully they gel and can be good

The O line is our biggest concern. Oregon st had a bunch of backups on D. It’s the same story as 2023. Good teams will stonewall us unless we can throw. The only difference is Riley can - as you say - rpo. Hartman did not.

I also have confidence in Denbrock. So that’s 2 big differences in our offense. Rpo n our new coordinator. The O line remains suspect hopefully they gel and can be good
Oregon states DL didn't have any defections

I expect the OL to be a strength in 9 months

Reactions: IrishMike409
Don't forget KK and Mitchell too. Weapons galore finally. I hope Rairdon keeps improving as well as Flanagan.
Raridon should’ve had a TD catch in the bowl game, Angeli missed him. He could be a key piece, large and athletic target.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT