ADVERTISEMENT

Diggs transferring again

He had a good year for them and was their top back for sure. So it was not any sort of regrettable or bad decision on his part on that score. But I'm pretty sure Kaleb Jackson is going to be their #1 next season, so in that light a transfer might be a perfectly understandable move for him to make. It's still a bit of surprise notwithstanding the continuing emergence of Kaleb Jackson. Because he easily could be a 1000-yard back for them if he got the carries.

Reactions: Hal_Incandenza
He had a good year for them and was their top back for sure. So it was not any sort of regrettable or bad decision on his part on that score. But I'm pretty sure Kaleb Jackson is going to be their #1 next season, so in that light a transfer might be a perfectly understandable move for him to make. It's still a bit of surprise notwithstanding the continuing emergence of Kaleb Jackson. Because he easily could be a 1000-yard back for them if he got the carries.
^ this

They also get back Josh Williams and have Caden Durham coming in.

I wasnt upset when he left. Hes a solid back, nothing special. I wouldn't want him back even if it was an option

Reactions: NDinNJ
I would take him back. He played well here. There could be injuries and it would present an additional problem for opposing defenses.

Diggs would of complimented Estime, and would of been a change up.....very well could of been the missing link

Diggs would of complimented Estime, and would of been a change up.....very well could of been the missing link
We didn't really miss him at all it must be said. But that's not fair. As good as Esteem was, Digges is an excellent back. That would have been an awesome one two punch. But all our younger backs played pretty well in his absence, so overall, really not that much of a loss.

Reactions: BGI User 756
We didn't really miss him at all it must be said. But that's not fair. As good as Esteem was, Digges is an excellent back. That would have been an awesome one two punch. But all our younger backs played pretty well in his absence, so overall, really not that much of a loss.
Excellent is a reach

Reactions: Pennick4 and NDinNJ
Could of used him for the tOSU/Duke/Louisville game.

Players that transfer from ND seem to rarely have much success. I guess that’s a good thing? Not sure what to make of it

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Prove me wrong
In 2023 Diggs was a junior and had the most carries for a rb on LSU. Love was a Freshman and Price was a Sophomore. Estime had the lion share of carries, literally twice as many carries as both Love and Price combined.

Diggs averaged 5.5 ypc as a Junior, in his previous 2 years he was at 5 ypc and 4.4 ypc

Love as a Freshman averaged 5.4 ypc
Price as a Sophomore averaged 5.8 ypc

Both Love and Price will only get better as they mature and get stronger. Both exceeded Diggs numbers with limited PT.

So yea, both Love and Price are much better backs than Diggs.

LMFAO AT YOU
Diggs is a better back than both Love and Price
We shall see. They both may pass him up in terms of productivity in 24'. Depends where he goes and how he's utilized. I always thought he waited too long at times to hit a hole. No so with Price. Kedron Young is gonna impress a lot of people at ND. Diggs made his choice to leave ND and now LSU. Maybe he has a tough time with being committed to a school.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
In 2023 Diggs was a junior and had the most carries for a rb on LSU. Love was a Freshman and Price was a Sophomore. Estime had the lion share of carries, literally twice as many carries as both Love and Price combined.

Diggs averaged 5.5 ypc as a Junior, in his previous 2 years he was at 5 ypc and 4.4 ypc

Love as a Freshman averaged 5.4 ypc
Price as a Sophomore averaged 5.8 ypc

Both Love and Price will only get better as they mature and get stronger. Both exceeded Diggs numbers with limited PT.

So yea, both Love and Price are much better backs than Diggs.
Love, and Price exceeded one number and that was due to limited PT.
LSU was an RPO offense with a Heisman winning QB which took away carries from Diggs
NDs offense was not an RPO offense which depended more on the support from the RBs/WRs, and with the WRs position hindered opposing defenses foucoused on stopping the run.
If Estimes went down there's noway Love, or Price could of done what Estimes done due to their lack of size.
Now I'm not being down on Love, or Parker i think they are awesome, but 2022 Diggs was a nice change up in the back field

And yet their production in 2022 were almost identical to eachother
No it wasn't. 5.9ypc to 5.0ypc is a big difference. Our OC gave the guy with with 5.0 more carries than the guy who was averaging 5.9 ypc

Estime was much better last year and this year

Reactions: NDinNJ
Love, and Price exceeded one number and that was due to limited PT.
LSU was an RPO offense with a Heisman winning QB which took away carries from Diggs
NDs offense was not an RPO offense which depended more on the support from the RBs/WRs, and with the WRs position hindered opposing defenses foucoused on stopping the run.
If Estimes went down there's noway Love, or Price could of done what Estimes done due to their lack of size.
Now I'm not being down on Love, or Parker i think they are awesome, but 2022 Diggs was a nice change up in the back field
the most important stat for a rb is ypc. This can make or break an offense. 3 or 4 ypc will put stress on an offense in 2nd and 3rd down and mid to long. 5-6 ypc opens up the playbook and allows the offense to keep the D guessing.

He had 0.9 more ypc. and you believe that with more carries it would of improved, but could just as well decreased

Diggs thinks he’s way better than he is. 9 times out of 10 when a player transfers multiple times, there is disconnect between his perceived talent and his actual talent. Diggs is at best a 2 in a decent RB room, and at best a 3 in a loaded RB room.

He should go to a MAC or Mountain West school if he wants to be a bell cow. Because at programs like ND and LSU it is never going to happen for him.

Love and Price are much more talented than Diggs. Diggs is an okay back but the other 2 are way more explosive and talented
Their short time on the field hasn't proved that .
Between the three Diggs had more carries than Price/Love combined twice as many tds and ypc is 0 1 better than Love, but 0.3 less than Price who only had 47 carries all season while Diggs had 119 carries.
Next year will be Love and, Price year and looking forward to see what they can do with alot of playing time

He had 9 more carries than Estime. There is zero reason Tommy was giving the ball more to Diggs except that was his boy

Estime was and is the much better back
I agree Estime is a better back though I didn't know about the Tommyboy thing

Diggs thinks he’s way better than he is. 9 times out of 10 when a player transfers multiple times, there is disconnect between his perceived talent and his actual talent. Diggs is at best a 2 in a decent RB room, and at best a 3 in a loaded RB room.

He should go to a MAC or Mountain West school if he wants to be a bell cow. Because at programs like ND and LSU it is never going to happen for him.
I do agree with that

Their short time on the field hasn't proved that .
Between the three Diggs had more carries than Price/Love combined twice as many tds and ypc is 0 1 better than Love, but 0.3 less than Price who only had 47 carries all season while Diggs had 119 carries.
Next year will be Love and, Price year and looking forward to see what they can do with alot of playing time
Yes, but if you compare Diggs freshman and sophomore season to Love and Price, they exceeded his production.

He was a good, solid RB for us in 2022. But we don't need him anymore, so I doubt Freeman and the staff go after him. Love and Price are more talented.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT