ADVERTISEMENT

Brey proving fan forums are clueless.

That's why they are averaging about 80 pts a game....that's why they have the fewest turnovers in the nation.....that's why they have the best team in the country turnover to assist ratio....best team in the country free throw percentage...we get it....there is one way to coach the game...your way...everyone else is wrong. You're such a handjob....

Padded stats against weaker teams .... ND has talent .... your understanding begins and ends apparently with a stat sheet ..... not one of those can show Brey calling out one defense or calling one offensive play ..... your name calling can't deflect your ignorance and only magnifies your lack of class ... the vulgar guy is the either the one who knows bball or is just trailer trash .... hmmmm

Padded stats against weaker teams .... ND has talent .... your understanding begins and ends apparently with a stat sheet ..... not one of those can show Brey calling out one defense or calling one offensive play ..... your name calling can't deflect your ignorance and only magnifies your lack of class ... the vulgar guy is the either the one who knows bball or is just trailer trash .... hmmmm

You realize that ND has played one of the harder schedules in the nation, and thus cannot have "padded stats against weak teams" enough to reach those levels, right? Not when 1/2 of your games against potential NCAA tourney teams.

You really think you can just right off all of that success (the kinds that's directly attributable to great coaching) with "weak teams"?

Dude, you really need to stop outing yourself as total moron while you have some tiny, tiny shred of dignity remaining.

It's vanishing quick....

Your post is unintelligible. Try it again without 1,000 improperly constructed ellipses and terrible abbreviations, and perhaps I'll choose to condescend and continue the beating I've been handing you. It's been pretty brutal for you thus far.

But yes, you did claim he doesn't recruit well. So you're choices are as follows:
  1. Brey is a recruiting God, who brings in so much talent that his teams can be ACC Champions and Elite-8 contenders, despite receiving no coaching
    1. The "Coach Cal" model
  2. Brey is a developmental God, who develops under-the-radar talent into ACC Champions and Elite-8 Contenders
    1. The "Bo Ryan" model
  3. Brey is a very good coach in both of these capacities, but not necessarily elite in either one individually

Really no matter what option you choose, you out yourself as a total moron

Apparently the phrase "Brey recruits just fine .... minus getting bigs" to you means Brey can't recruit .... you should study ellipses less and the English language more .... I convey thought well which aparently is your downfall .... that does not say Brey can't recruit

By developing talent do you mean like Chris Thomas .... a Mr. Basketball from Indiana .... or Torin Francis ... another high school all-american ... how about Zach Auguste .... a beast in big games and mostly a footnote for most of his career ... he had the problem of being a big man on a team that deosn't feed the paint and only shoots 3's

Brey road the coat tails of NBA talent .... if you saw Conaughton play as a frosh ... he had the IT factor then ... Brey recruits .... developing talent is not his thing .... 17 years says so ....

Tell us some more about ellipses and I'll stick to hoops .... try the definition of an ellipses .... if it matters .... nerd alert .... nerds know hoops! .... NOT o_O

You realize that ND has played one of the harder schedules in the nation, and thus cannot have "padded stats against weak teams" enough to reach those levels, right? Not when 1/2 of your games against potential NCAA tourney teams.

You really think you can just right off all of that success (the kinds that's directly attributable to great coaching) with "weak teams"?

Dude, you really need to stop outing yourself as total moron while you have some tiny, tiny shred of dignity remaining.

It's vanishing quick....

Toughest schedule because the nerd says so ... ok ... LOL!

"It is hard to win an argument with a very smart person, and it is impossible with an idiot."

True story

Apparently the phrase "Brey recruits just fine .... minus getting bigs" to you means Brey can't recruit .... you should study ellipses less and the English language more .... I convey thought well which aparently is your downfall .... that does not say Brey can't recruit

By developing talent do you mean like Chris Thomas .... a Mr. Basketball from Indiana .... or Torin Francis ... another high school all-american ... how about Zach Auguste .... a beast in big games and mostly a footnote for most of his career ... he had the problem of being a big man on a team that deosn't feed the paint and only shoots 3's

Brey road the coat tails of NBA talent .... if you saw Conaughton play as a frosh ... he had the IT factor then ... Brey recruits .... developing talent is not his thing .... 17 years says so ....

Tell us some more about ellipses and I'll stick to hoops .... try the definition of an ellipses .... if it matters .... nerd alert .... nerds know hoops! .... NOT o_O

Insulting people for being smarter than him...usually a winning strategy, lol.
(note the appropriate use of an ellipses)

And your reductionist argument is like arguing that Nick Saban doesn't develop players because he's had 5*'s bust on him (repeatedly). Or Urban Meyer, for the same reason. Or Jim Harbaugh. Etc, etc., etc.

It's beyond stupid, it suggests that you've never actually learned anything about any sport or coaching at any level.

Honestly, it's embarrassing.

Try again little buddy, but this time with an argument that doesn't make you look like a 9-year-old girl trying to debate Bill Belichick about the appropriate use of crossing-patterns.

Toughest schedule because the nerd says so ... ok ... LOL!

"It is hard to win an argument with a very smart person, and it is impossible with an idiot."

True story

Taking the time to point out that I'm smarter than you, again?

You're really not helping yourself here little buddy....
(again, another appropriate use of an ellipses)

But let someone who is smarter than you point you towards some math and independently sourced analysis
ND as the #14 Strength of Schedule currently
ND as the #30 Strength of Schedule currently
ND as the #31 Strength of Schedule currently

So every single one of these sources has ND's SoS in the Top10%, and 1 even has them in the Top5%

So yeah, that pretty much debunks your argument...doesn't it?
(yet another proper use of an ellipses)

The clown show only recognizes the last 2 years and not the previous 15 ... even though the last 2 years the team was carried by NBA talent and last year's easy draw ..... the rest of the posters objective? .... the clown show is adding members ... :eek:
I see you are still having a hard time making friends.

Reactions: cavanaugh208
It's awesome watching you argue both sides of the coin:
"Brey can't recruit"
"Brey was only good because he had NBA talent"

Are you really so stupid that you can't realize you're contradicting yourself in every sentence?

Not to mention, "building a program" takes time. Brey has consistently improved the program over time, building it a weak group, to a perennial NCAA Tourney team, to an ACC Champion and Elite-8 contender.

There is literally no way to debate that Brey has done a great job here and is a great coach
Bugnut is stupid, it's that simple.

Insulting people for being smarter than him...usually a winning strategy, lol.
(note the appropriate use of an ellipses)

And your reductionist argument is like arguing that Nick Saban doesn't develop players because he's had 5*'s bust on him (repeatedly). Or Urban Meyer, for the same reason. Or Jim Harbaugh. Etc, etc., etc.

It's beyond stupid, it suggests that you've never actually learned anything about any sport or coaching at any level.

Honestly, it's embarrassing.

Try again little buddy, but this time with an argument that doesn't make you look like a 9-year-old girl trying to debate Bill Belichick about the appropriate use of crossing-patterns.

Deck.....check out Bonzies stats since Brey tweaked his offense to a 5 around 0 set and put him at the high-post 3 pt line area.....ask Fla ST(are they a weak opponent?) if Bonzie is any good. Look how Beachem has taken off in the last few games.....Padded stats against weaker teams???? Ok....how about 81 vs Purdue, 92 vs Iowa, 89 vs Colorado, 2 games against FSU, 84 and 80 pts in those 2 games. How about WF...88 pts. Louisville(they suck right!) 77 pts....UNC at Greensboro....76 pts....here's another "weak" opponent, Syracuse....ND laid 84 on them. The dude is an arrogant, pompous asshole. You are finding out why he is the most hated person on this website. He is the one who should be banned, not Perse. I'd rather listen to CGVR than this asshole....

Last edited:
Taking the time to point out that I'm smarter than you, again?

You're really not helping yourself here little buddy....
(again, another appropriate use of an ellipses)

But let someone who is smarter than you point you towards some math and independently sourced analysis
ND as the #14 Strength of Schedule currently
ND as the #30 Strength of Schedule currently
ND as the #31 Strength of Schedule currently

So every single one of these sources has ND's SoS in the Top10%, and 1 even has them in the Top5%

So yeah, that pretty much debunks your argument...doesn't it?
(yet another proper use of an ellipses)

Deck....don't use stats or logic...if he says its true, than it is true. Again...the dude is a turd.

Reactions: zonairish
Deck.....check out Bonzies stats since Brey tweaked his offense to a 5 around 0 set and put him at the high-post 3 pt line area.....ask Fla ST(are they a weak opponent?) if Bonzie is any good. Look how Beachem has taken off in the last few games.....Padded stats against weaker teams???? Ok....how about 2 games against FSU, 84 and 80 pts in those 2 games. How about WF...88 pts. Louisville(they suck right!) 77 pts....UNC at Greensboro....76 pts....here's another "weak" opponent, Syracuse....ND laid 84 on them. The dude is an arrogant, pompous asshole. You are finding out why he is the most hated person on this website. He is the one who should be banned, not Perse. I'd rather listen to CGVR than this asshole....

I wonder how bug bs will explain this.

I love this line...."Fortunately for ND they take so many poor shots".....WTF does that mean???...How can you avg close to 80 pts a game and be taking "poor" shots? If my team is putting up 80+ on the Purdue's, Louisville's, FSU's and Syracuse's of the world I am gonna keep telling them to take those poor shots!

Last edited:
And Brian Kelly will do the same in the fall. Stay in your lane For Mike Brey & Brian Kelly it is coaching D1A sports at the highest level.

For nitwits on a fan form it is just watching the game and enjoying your team win or being sad when your team loses But never ever ever try to figure out why it happened Because it will sound silly and stupid. Want evidence? Read this forum.
The OP must not read the basketball posts much. 1-2 people on here bash Mike Brey. Most everyone on here gets it and love the job Brey is doing. #troll

Reactions: NIN Irish
And Brian Kelly will do the same in the fall. Stay in your lane For Mike Brey & Brian Kelly it is coaching D1A sports at the highest level.

For nitwits on a fan form it is just watching the game and enjoying your team win or being sad when your team loses But never ever ever try to figure out why it happened Because it will sound silly and stupid. Want evidence? Read this forum.
You're a fool and a tool. Brian Kelly isn't even in Mike Brey's league. Nice job trying to group them together to keep trolling. How'd your last post work out? Where'd that flame go? Hahaha. You don't know anything about sports and this post by you proves it.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Deck.....check out Bonzies stats since Brey tweaked his offense to a 5 around 0 set and put him at the high-post 3 pt line area.....ask Fla ST(are they a weak opponent?) if Bonzie is any good. Look how Beachem has taken off in the last few games.....Padded stats against weaker teams???? Ok....how about 81 vs Purdue, 92 vs Iowa, 89 vs Colorado, 2 games against FSU, 84 and 80 pts in those 2 games. How about WF...88 pts. Louisville(they suck right!) 77 pts....UNC at Greensboro....76 pts....here's another "weak" opponent, Syracuse....ND laid 84 on them. The dude is an arrogant, pompous asshole. You are finding out why he is the most hated person on this website. He is the one who should be banned, not Perse. I'd rather listen to CGVR than this asshole....

Leave it to the simpleton to hang all his delusions on one game .... and that game was at home ..... everyone knows ND plays tough at home and the opposite on the road .... also easy to shoot well when the other team is building a brick house .... FL ST is ok but they choked that day .. 7-22 on FT's .... other than them only Purdue, Louisville ranked ... ALL AT HOME

You left out Bryant, Seattle, Loyola, Chicago St, Colgate, Northwestern, NC A/T, Fort Wayne, St. Peters .... also ... ALL AT HOME

Kevin White set the formula before he left .... garbage OOC schedule and then you only have to go .500 in conference and you hit 20 wins ...... 17 years and the clown show still lives in the dark

DERRRR .... I wonder how you are coming back from this ... LOL! :D

And still .. Brey doesn't run the offense anyways

Bugnut doesn't allow facts to get in his way!

Leave it to the simpleton to hang all his delusions on one game .... and that game was at home ..... everyone knows ND plays tough at home and the opposite on the road .... also easy to shoot well when the other team is building a brick house .... FL ST is ok but they choked that day .. 7-22 on FT's .... other than them only Purdue, Louisville ranked ... ALL AT HOME

You left out Bryant, Seattle, Loyola, Chicago St, Colgate, Northwestern, NC A/T, Fort Wayne, St. Peters .... also ... ALL AT HOME

Kevin White set the formula before he left .... garbage OOC schedule and then you only have to go .500 in conference and you hit 20 wins ...... 17 years and the clown show still lives in the dark

One good post is better served to multiple dumb angry guys :eek:

DERRRR .... I wonder how you are coming back from this ... LOL! :D

And still .. Brey doesn't run the offense anyways

It's hysterical watching you trying to ignore all the games that completely disprove everything you're saying (which is most of them)

I also love that you completely ignore all the other indisputable facts ITT that have also completely debunked your BS

It's been funny watching you flounder

In reality it's one person...who is a moron..."Lots of people agree with me!" LMAO

The world is full of a lot more dumb people than smart ones ... it is the way of the world ..... you do a great job of continuing to prove that

It's hysterical watching you trying to ignore all the games that completely disprove everything you're saying (which is most of them)

I also love that you completely ignore all the other indisputable facts ITT that have also completely debunked your BS

It's been funny watching you flounder

Funny watching you ignore all the indisputable facts .... most important of all is the fact that Brey hasn't constructed their offense nor does he currently run it.

When things went bad, the weight of Notre Dame basketball landed on Eric Atkins' raw-boned shoulders. Still he rested easy. After struggling to maybe five hours' sleep nightly as a freshman, a sophomore floor leader and captain for a team in free fall somehow managed eight or nine.

Maybe he saw what no one else saw in the imminent Irish revival. Though that bit of necromancy faltered Saturday when a nine-game win streak ended at St. John's, Atkins crouching with head in hands at the buzzer suggested what comes next: Tireless intent to redirect his team Monday at Georgetown.

"It's basically whatever Eric says, goes," said Jerian Grant, Atkins' backcourt mate. "Coach (Mike Brey) writes up the game plan, he shows us which way to go. Once we get on the court, it's all Eric."

During this two-month run, Atkins isn't No. 20 Notre Dame's leading scorer. He isn't even Notre Dame's assist leader. But he is, without question, its lead voice while on the attack.

He was handed the ball in October. He was handed the captaincy in December. He has been handed full rein of the offense, basically, and his choreography has produced an improbable NCAA tournament club.

"Coming out of a timeout, I usually call the play, or at halftime I call the play we're going to do at first," said Atkins, who averages 12.7 points and four assists. "(Brey) really trusts me and allows me to call out things on the offensive side of the ball. Whatever I'm comfortable with, we usually go with."

It has been a progression. Brey felt Atkins focused on floor generalship "to a fault" early, so the Irish coach encouraged his point guard to hunt his shot more.

When Atkins officially assumed the captain's role — Brey sought a complement to senior Scott Martin for Big East play, with Tim Abromaitis long gone after tearing his ACL — practices had a subtle soundtrack change.

"When we would call a set, instead of me saying it, I'd say it through him and let him voice it," Brey said. "Just trying to empower his voice. He's got such a good feel for how we want to play. He understands how to quarterback us now."

Consider one sequence in a win Feb. 18 at Villanova: Atkins made an adjustment late in the shot clock and freshman Pat Connaughton curled to a spot instead of fading, and he missed an off-rhythm 3-pointer when Atkins kicked it out.

"He says something to me and the next play, of course I faded, he found me and I hit a 3," Connaughton said. "His understanding of the game really lets us all flow."

Notre Dame's fulcrum in Atkins' first season was the combustible Ben Hansbrough. When the moment screamed for a stabilizing force this year, the Irish turned to a player of less flammable material.

Atkins barks occasionally but more often takes the quieter approach, evenly bending teammates' ears with directions, and everyone follows because it turns out he usually knows the way to go.

"I'm still a pull-a-guy-over type," Atkins said. "That's my method. That's how they seem to respond to me a little better. I'm still talking to them the same, and we're winning. So just keep it up."

bchamilton@tribune.com

Twitter @ChiTribHamilton

INDISPUTABLE .....LOL!

Let's not forget ........... "I'm not much of an x's and o's guy" - M Brey :)

Copyright © 2012, Chicago Tribune

Funny watching you ignore all the disputable facts .... most important of all is the fact that Brey hasn't constructed their offense nor does he currently run it.

When things went bad, the weight of Notre Dame basketball landed on Eric Atkins' raw-boned shoulders. Still he rested easy. After struggling to maybe five hours' sleep nightly as a freshman, a sophomore floor leader and captain for a team in free fall somehow managed eight or nine.

Maybe he saw what no one else saw in the imminent Irish revival. Though that bit of necromancy faltered Saturday when a nine-game win streak ended at St. John's, Atkins crouching with head in hands at the buzzer suggested what comes next: Tireless intent to redirect his team Monday at Georgetown.

"It's basically whatever Eric says, goes," said Jerian Grant, Atkins' backcourt mate. "Coach (Mike Brey) writes up the game plan, he shows us which way to go. Once we get on the court, it's all Eric."

During this two-month run, Atkins isn't No. 20 Notre Dame's leading scorer. He isn't even Notre Dame's assist leader. But he is, without question, its lead voice while on the attack.

He was handed the ball in October. He was handed the captaincy in December. He has been handed full rein of the offense, basically, and his choreography has produced an improbable NCAA tournament club.

"Coming out of a timeout, I usually call the play, or at halftime I call the play we're going to do at first," said Atkins, who averages 12.7 points and four assists. "(Brey) really trusts me and allows me to call out things on the offensive side of the ball. Whatever I'm comfortable with, we usually go with."

It has been a progression. Brey felt Atkins focused on floor generalship "to a fault" early, so the Irish coach encouraged his point guard to hunt his shot more.

When Atkins officially assumed the captain's role — Brey sought a complement to senior Scott Martin for Big East play, with Tim Abromaitis long gone after tearing his ACL — practices had a subtle soundtrack change.

"When we would call a set, instead of me saying it, I'd say it through him and let him voice it," Brey said. "Just trying to empower his voice. He's got such a good feel for how we want to play. He understands how to quarterback us now."

Consider one sequence in a win Feb. 18 at Villanova: Atkins made an adjustment late in the shot clock and freshman Pat Connaughton curled to a spot instead of fading, and he missed an off-rhythm 3-pointer when Atkins kicked it out.

"He says something to me and the next play, of course I faded, he found me and I hit a 3," Connaughton said. "His understanding of the game really lets us all flow."

Notre Dame's fulcrum in Atkins' first season was the combustible Ben Hansbrough. When the moment screamed for a stabilizing force this year, the Irish turned to a player of less flammable material.

Atkins barks occasionally but more often takes the quieter approach, evenly bending teammates' ears with directions, and everyone follows because it turns out he usually knows the way to go.

"I'm still a pull-a-guy-over type," Atkins said. "That's my method. That's how they seem to respond to me a little better. I'm still talking to them the same, and we're winning. So just keep it up."

bchamilton@tribune.com

Twitter @ChiTribHamilton

INDISPUTABLE .....LOL!

Let's not forget ........... "I'm not much of an x's and o's guy" - M Brey :)

Copyright © 2012, Chicago Tribune

So instead of even trying to respond to the literal litany of facts that have been posted ITT that completely debunk every claim you've made.......you repost some puff peice from years ago?

Are you even going to try to go back and respond to the facts that have competely exposed you as a moron and a fool?

Or are you just going to keep praying that everyone forgets about all of them, and that you'll be able to slink away with some shred of your dignity still intact?

It's getting pretty bad for you little buddy......

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Like I always do ... effectively and easily .... :D

You mean "like I always do...completely ignoring every well sourced fact that debunks all of my BS claims in the hopes that they'll somehow go away"

I agree, simply ignoring reality does seem to be pretty easy for you

You may want to have a psychiatrist look into that for you...
(and look, 2 more properly used ellipses!!)

So instead of even trying to respond to the literal litany of facts that have been posted ITT that completely debunk every claim you've made.......you repost some puff peice from years ago?

Are you even going to try to go back and respond to the facts that have competely exposed you as a moron and a fool?

Or are you just going to keep praying that everyone forgets about all of them, and that you'll be able to slink away with some shred of your dignity still intact?

Deck...you should feel honored...he pulled out the bs article with the Atkins/grant quotes for ya!!!....I told ya.....don't give him actual FACTS, he will refute them with his OPINIONS that overide actual PROOF.....you made a statement about a psychiatrist...BINGO...I have said repeatedly that this guy is in need of help....In other words he is a loon. Try to look at it like I do...i just like to bust his balls because I know he is mentally screwed up. I think that he actually thinks I give a shit about what he says...like his OPINIONS are going to change the way I coach my team....I just do it for the laughs....

Reactions: Irishjohn68

And anyone who doesn't think Northwestern is not an excellent basketball team knows NOTHING about basketball....Buguit fills that bill just fine. Thanks for proving that you are stupid once again. And BTW.....ND beat Northwestern at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.....it was not a HOME game. Thanks for the pearls of moronic wisdom....

And anyone who doesn't think Northwestern is not an excellent basketball team knows NOTHING about basketball....Buguit fills that bill just fine. Thanks for proving that you are stupid once again. And BTW.....ND beat Northwestern at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.....it was not a HOME game. Thanks for the pearls of moronic wisdom....

Cavanaugh, you can not fix stupid. bug has a monopoly on stupid

Cavanaugh, you can not fix stupid. bug has a monopoly on stupid

I always said he shoulda listened to Grammy Buguit when she said to him: "Little Buggy, it's better that people think you are a retard, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Read more and post less!" I think Decker is finding out what everybody on this site knows...he's a f...ed up person...

Ignorance piled on by more ignorance .... Ignoring everything I say is one way to convince yourself you weren't taken to the cleaners :eek:

The schedule listed as NOT away .... but home .... alert the media .... all bets are now off ..... anyone who doesn't see neutral site surely doesn't know anything .... I defer to your knowledge of the high pick and roll .... not .... LOL!

Last edited:
You mean "like I always do...completely ignoring every well sourced fact that debunks all of my BS claims in the hopes that they'll somehow go away"

I agree, simply ignoring reality does seem to be pretty easy for you

You may want to have a psychiatrist look into that for you...
(and look, 2 more properly used ellipses!!)

You claimed the schedule was so tough .... by who ? .... preseason rankings? .... I pointed out otherwise ..... which you ignored .... huh? .... what? .... duh

Of course .... and I pointed out that the hilarity is really that why you are trying to prove an offense is so good .... Brey has nothing to do with it

Tell us how good Farrell is .... ok ..... or who Gene Cross is ..... huh? ... what? .... derrrrrr ..... oh .... ND's schedule is 30th ranked ? .... that is your whole point .... LOL!

:confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT