ADVERTISEMENT

WMU Getting a Dose of Real Football

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
When will CFB stop giving so much credit to the smaller conferences? I still think Fleck will do well someplace better, but I hate that Western Michigan is ranked 15. No way they are better than teams in the 16-40 range.

When will CFB stop giving so much credit to the smaller conferences? I still think Fleck will do well someplace better, but I hate that Western Michigan is ranked 15. No way they are better than teams in the 16-40 range.

Alot of Great coaches came from smaller conferences
Coach Fleck and what he accomplished at Western Michigan is worth the conversation

Alot of Great coaches came from smaller conferences
Coach Fleck and what he accomplished at Western Michigan is worth the conversation
I agree. He's a great coach, but their program is grossly overrated. No way they beat any of the teams they're ranked ahead of:

16 WEST VIRGINIA 10-2
17 FLORIDA 8-4
18 STANFORD 9-3
19 UTAH 8-4
20 LSU 7-4
21 TENNESSEE 8-4
22 VIRGINIA TECH 9-4
23 PITT 8-4
24 TEMPLE 10-3
25 NAVY

I think ND would beat them easily if they were coached by someone who gave a $hit. They should be ranked in DI AA. Not DI A.

I agree. He's a great coach, but their program is grossly overrated. No way they beat any of the teams they're ranked ahead of:

16 WEST VIRGINIA 10-2
17 FLORIDA 8-4
18 STANFORD 9-3
19 UTAH 8-4
20 LSU 7-4
21 TENNESSEE 8-4
22 VIRGINIA TECH 9-4
23 PITT 8-4
24 TEMPLE 10-3
25 NAVY

I think ND would beat them easily if they were coached by someone who gave a $hit. They should be ranked in DI AA. Not DI A.

In a bowl game with weeks off and lose of momentum I agree

Gotta sgree with the general message by the OP. The way the lower conf. teams have a chance vs the top tier is only by catching them emotionally detached and unprepared. The talent gap is too great all other things being equal.

Wisc looks involved.

Last edited:
If you are not going to give a shot to an undefeated mid-major then just create two divisions and don't play each other. These teams occasionally win against P5 teams both in regular season and bowls. IMO they are as deserving of a bowl bid as any other team not in the playoffs and yes I believe they would beat a few of those 16-25 ranked teams.

Down 10 to a team that beat a playoff team. Not bad! Two quarters left, plenty of time to row the boat to victory.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Question....

Do they deserve the ranking they have?

Moreover you can play this hindsight horse shit game all the time.

After the game was played did Ohio State look like they belong in the final four?

With only one loss did they deserve to be in?

This further cements the evidence the final format needs more than four teams.
16 teams,
Automatic from each major conference....the highest ranked service academy... then fill in the remaining ten with the highest ranked.
Simple.

They are showing they deserve their ranking. Interesting game will get very interesting if they score here.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
WMU looks like they will lose but at least they gave the Badgers a game. Broncos will still be ranked around 20th at the end of the year, which is quite an accomplishment for a MAC team.

Reactions: Bodizephax
They gave up almost 200 yards rushing in the first half. Wisconsin is not an offensive juggernaut. Western Michigan is finesse. Not physical on either line. A P.J. Fleck team has not beat any team of note in his career. Beating Mac teams doesnt count. They only played one team in the top 50 this year and scored 22 against Northwestern.

Lmao as if our dipshit coach runs a clock better? Your better and smarter than that!
Didn't come close to suggesting Kelly manages the clock better...he doesn't and he gets a lot of criticism here for that, which is well deserved. Fleck's first half timeouts were very Kellylike!

Reactions: NIN Irish
Not boosting Kelly. Pointing out Fleck is no automatic improvement. Game on the line and you allow the only guy to do anything against you to make the game sealing play

Not boosting Kelly. Pointing out Fleck is no automatic improvement. Game on the line and you allow the only guy to do anything against you to make the game sealing play
I liked Wisconsin coach, his style of offense and defense always seems decent at the least, and I do believe he does more with less.

Petersen is at Washington. Patterson at TCU has fallen off the map of up and coming coaches
Wicker

Coach Patterson isn't off the list of up and comings though the did go 6-7 after losing to GA in the bowl game
But:
2015 11-2
2014 12-1
2013 4-8
2012 7-6
2011 11-2
2010 12 -0
and to 2005 0nly 1 season with less than 11 wins.

Question....

Do they deserve the ranking they have?

Moreover you can play this hindsight horse shit game all the time.

After the game was played did Ohio State look like they belong in the final four?

With only one loss did they deserve to be in?

This further cements the evidence the final format needs more than four teams.
16 teams,
Automatic from each major conference....the highest ranked service academy... then fill in the remaining ten with the highest ranked.
Simple.
"This further cements the evidence the final format needs more than four teams. 16 teams"

Seriously doubt you will ever see 16 teams in the NCAA playoff in football. at most, 6, maybe 8 at some point.

Wicker

Coach Patterson isn't off the list of up and comings though the did go 6-7 after losing to GA in the bowl game
But:
2015 11-2
2014 12-1
2013 4-8
2012 7-6
2011 11-2
2010 12 -0
and to 2005 0nly 1 season with less than 11 wins.
I think people have just accepted that Patterson is not leaving TCU, and have stopped talking about him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT