ADVERTISEMENT

"Winners focus on winning...

i'll say. the stories i could tell about my time at MSU and the stories i know as fact from so many others in my time in football both on and off the field. some folks breathe quite well with their heads firmly entrenched in the sand.

Some don't even understand it on the base level... Not even the $100,000 payments, the sports cars and the the crazy parties provided by boosters and those connected to the program.

It's the little things like the "work study programs" that pay student athletes $10,000-$15,000 for work within the athletic department each year... Work that these football players never spend a minute doing. They get paid to spend that time watching film and have a "supervisor", paid by the same athletic department, sign off on it.

Some also don't understand that the reason coaches aren't ratting others out is that it's a massive house of cards. Nearly everyone is cheating (by definition) on some level. Whether it's financial help, academic help, or "bonuses" that come directly from the school, or whether it's a "look the other way" or "don't ask don't tell" relationship between schools and boosters.

Last edited:
So Nick is the most amazing coach and recruiter ever according to you...

Now when I call you on your bullshit you say cough cough...he is just better at cheating.

Keep watching blue chips my friend.

This fantasy you speak of is ridiculous.

Next you'll tell us all how you did 67 push-ups and booked a vacation before eating a granola from your fanny pack.

I'm sorry...that was two weeks ago.

This just in...

It's 2018....social media is a monster. Nobody is getting away with what you suggested IN a post someone removed. You know...YOUR post about Notre Dame and dual parent and recruiting and ND players not needing the bagman. WTFE

If you think the bagman is out there then he must be chilling with the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy.
Stop being a dick and arguing for the sake of arguing.

i'll say. the stories i could tell about my time at MSU and the stories i know as fact from so many others in my time in football both on and off the field. some folks breathe quite well with their heads firmly entrenched in the sand.

I could write a book based on my own experiences coaching and recruiting and a single year working on the ND recruiting trail as a "journalist" (I use that very loosely)... And I only spent 7 years involved with it, most of that time at a much lower level than FBS...

Imagine the crap that guys who have coached at that level for 30+ years have seen.

I coached under a head coach who was an assistant to Paterno at Penn State, Caldwell at Wake Forest, and personally recruited Emmitt Smith when he was thee RB coach at Florida. He has some incredible stories of how sketchy college football can be.

He recruited directly against Vinny Cerrato when Vinny was the RC at ND and he was at Penn State. Talk about "doing what it takes". Vinny pulled out every stop.

Stop being a dick and arguing for the sake of arguing.
Excuses excuses.

Do I believe the world of recruiting is 100% squeaky clean? No.

Do I believe the bagman runs around handing out cash to kids all over the place? No. Not today

As far as beating your chest...you have no fukcing idea what industry I've been in, am in etc. None.

I don't feel the need to sound off on a board what I did this morning or last night or tell stories of self serving accomplishmrnts as some measure of validity.

Nobody gives a fukc how fast I can run a mile or booking vacations in the morning.

All this horseshit you speak of has a dynamic that is missing. You touch on it but regardless it's still a ghost.

By your admission the bagman is running rampant. He's everywhere. In 2018 when you can't even take a piss without someone knowing it on facebook for god's sake you think the cheating is going on like a brush fire.

You want to throw nanes around like delusional etc..

Yet...you are the one with ZERO proof. Until violations are charged, arrests made etc
until then it's sour grapes and pissing and moaning out of... jealousy? And that is all you got. Oh and single parents don't fit at Notre Dame.

WTFE

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Holy crap 88......

Everyone knows this stuff is happening except possibly you. Where have you been the last 40-50 years?

Reactions: echowaker
Excuses excuses.

Do I believe the bagman runs around handing out cash to kids all over the place? No. Not today

As far as beating your chest...you have no fukcing idea what industry I've been in, am in etc. None.

I don't feel the need to sound off on a board what I did this morning or last night or tell stories of self serving accomplishmrnts as some measure of validity.

Nobody gives a fukc how fast I can run a mile or booking vacations in the morning.

All this horseshit you speak of has a dynamic that is missing. You touch on it but regardless it's still a ghost.

By your admission the bagman is running rampant. He's everywhere. In 2018 when you can't even take a piss without someone knowing it on facebook for god's sake you think the cheating is going on like a brush fire.

Yet...you are the one with ZERO proof. Until violations are charged, arrests made etc
until then it's sour grapes and pissing and moaning out of... jealousy? And that is all you got. Oh and single parents don't fit at Notre Dame.

WTFE

Lol, this not a Court of Law. I'm not being subpoenaed by Congress, or questioned by the FBI. The fact that you think your social media access entitles you to information, is humorous. Nefarious things go on in college football every single day... They're not reported and they're swept under the rug, for two reasons.

1. College football makes an immense amount of money and money rules all. It supersedes regulation and it often supersedes the law.

2. Most of the people involved in the game are financially benefitting (through quality salaries) from kids in their programs receiving a lot of benefits that would make them ineligible by rule. You don't cut off your nose to spite your face... That's why when you run into a situation like a couple months back, when a Miami quarterback recruit puts a picture on Twitter of him holding thousands of dollars in cash, you simply delete it, run a bunch of interference and change the conversation as quickly as possible.

If the FBI did a college basketball style dive into NCAA football, the number of guys getting fined, fired, facing time and the number of players facing ineligibility, would be insane.

You can spin this however you want. You can talk circles about the burden of proof. The reality is that no matter how much I give you from personal account, or from the personal account of others that I trust, you're drowning in denial, so you'll never believe it anyways.

Echowaker played in the Big 10 at Michigan State... He literally watched it happen. I've got more than a dozen friends that coach at P5 schools. I've worked on the ND recruiting beat. The media that follows recruiting are a defacto extension to a team's recruiting staff, especially during dead periods. They parlay information between the recruiting office at schools during dead periods when they can contact recruits and coaching staffs can't... They hear (and report to schools) information all the time.

It's not some big secret... There is just so much money involved that nobody is interested in the tearing down the house of cards, because nobody wins. Not to mention, these schools and conferences are so lawyered up that it's nearly impossible to work through the money they'd be willing to spend to defend themselves. Look at what happened at North Carolina, a basketball power. It was revealed in a long document based on an extensive investigation, that their players were straight up cheating academically.... Dozens of them. Across nearly everyone of their sports. What happened?... Absolutely nothing. Money made it go away. North Carolina was willing to sue the shit out of anyone that came after them and they had the money to make it extremely messy.

These schools have DA's in their back pocket. Nick Saban is probably more powerful than the Governor of the state. You don't think kids are getting money?

I ask you for a 4th time, how do poor kids at Alabama, that can't afford unofficial visits, 2 years later drive around the cars that they routinely post on their social media?... They're full time football players and students. Do you think they have high paying jobs that afford them the ability to buy those cars?

You're asking for evidence... I'm providing it to you... You're closing your eyes, putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "I can't hear you! I can't hear you".

Holy crap 88......

Everyone knows this stuff is happening except possibly you. Where have you been the last 40-50 years?

Stoo right there. SMU was doing it illegally. They were found guilty. Program was nearly abolished.

I never once said it NEVER happened. It has. Those abusers who have been caught pay the price for it.

Believe this or not but being Anerican I still believe in innocent until proven guilty. I don't run around making accusations based on assumptions. There are people in place that get paid to investigate the VEEY argument going on here. When they find things they punish to seem fit.
Reggie Bush...SMU...Cam Newton's father...Louisville basketball whorehouse...
Yes we all know about those.

They were investigated and charged or exonerated.

Things will continue to be monitored kike always going forward.

Until proof of wrongdoing they're innocent. When the bagman gets caught so be it, until then he doesn't exist.

I'm ND through and through. I don't point to academic restrictions nor character issues as a reason we don't get highly ranked players. I don't look at our university in conditional fashion. I don't throw accusations around of others where they succeed and we didn't. We know the rules and regulations in place. If that means we must do it better than the other guy so be it.

I'm ND with zero excuses.

Stoo right there. SMU was doing it illegally. They were found guilty. Program was nearly abolished.

I never once said it NEVER happened. It has. Those abusers who have been caught pay the price for it.

Believe this or not but being Anerican I still believe in innocent until proven guilty. I don't run around making accusations based on assumptions. There are people in place that get paid to investigate the VEEY argument going on here. When they find things they punish to seem fit.

Until proof of wrongdoing they're innocent. When the bagman gets caught so be it, until then he doesn't exist.

I'm ND through and through. I don't point to academic restrictions nor character issues as a reason we don't get highly ranked players. I don't look at our university in conditional fashion. I don't throw accusations around of others where they succeed and we didn't. We know the rules and regulations in place. If that means we must do it better than the other guy so be it.

So everyone is clean until the NCAA proves it? Come on. It’s obvious and the evidence is everywhere.

You think ND is and has always been clean ?

Excuses excuses.

WTFE
Whoaaa handsome. I am not the one arguing with you

No doubt Saban is on the most incredible run of our time, no doubt he and Alabama get opportunities other teams haven’t gotten, and when he’s gotten those opportunities he has mostly cashed them in. That being said he’s logged exactly one undefeated season in this epic run he is on.

No doubt Saban is on the most incredible run of our time, no doubt he and Alabama get opportunities other teams haven’t gotten, and when he’s gotten those opportunities he has mostly cashed them in. That being said he’s logged exactly one undefeated season in this epic run he is on.

Much harder to win 15 games nowadays than it was to win 10-11 games back in the day... Championships and wins are what history will remember and Saban will retire as the all time leader in both.

Much harder to win 15 games nowadays than it was to win 10-11 games back in the day... Championships and wins are what history will remember and Saban will retire as the all time leader in both.

I’ve got no bones to pick- Saban is the best in recent history because he has sustained this level of excellence ... I don’t dislike him. I do dislike Meyer but he’s equally impressive winning at BGSU, Utah, Florida and Ohio state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT