ADVERTISEMENT

"Winners focus on winning...

IrishFforida

Irish Expert
Jan 7, 2018
and losers focus on winners."

Thats why the Star Gazers/Losers are obsessed with Brian Kelly, every coach NOT named Brian Kelly and every recruit that ND does NOT get.

And Brian Kelly/Winner is obsessed with helping ND win a National Championhip.

Its also explains why Brian Kelly went 12-0 and won COY.

And it also explains why the self described message board "gurus" ended up with egg all over their faces for 12 games and are secretly praying ND gets their clock cleaned by Clemson.

I'd agree there are a couple posters who might like to see Brian Kelly commit a few obvious brain farts against Clemson just to bolster their argument that he is not a good coach, but I seriously doubt there is a single ND fan who wants to see the team lose.

Instead of continually attacking other posters, maybe you should post under the topic, "Why Am I So Angry?" You might get some advice about living a happier life.

Seems like the OP wants to keep the Kelly argument going. I know that you have supported him since the beginning. I did not, along with many other posters....and I was wrong. I don't see any posters disputing that Kelly is a great coach (except a couple of nutcases). No need to keep going down this road. You were right, and we were wrong. Relax handsome!!

and losers focus on winners."

Thats why the Star Gazers/Losers are obsessed with Brian Kelly, every coach NOT named Brian Kelly and every recruit that ND does NOT get.

And Brian Kelly/Winner is obsessed with helping ND win a National Championhip.

Its also explains why Brian Kelly went 12-0 and won COY.

And it also explains why the self described message board "gurus" ended up with egg all over their faces for 12 games and are secretly praying ND gets their clock cleaned by Clemson.

Brian Kelly is an excellent coach. He's the best ND has had since Lou Holtz left.

That said, you're point is a good one... Winners do focus on winning, and how those winners achieved their success... That's why some of take interest in what the best coach in the history of college football, Nick Saban, and the 2nd best coach of the past half decade, Dabo Swinney, have been doing with their programs. You can learn a lot by watching what the ultra elite of a particular profession are doing.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Saban best coach? Who wouldn’t win with a team full of future NFL All Pros? Best recruiter? Yes. Most winningest? Yes. Best? That’s subjective.

With the objective being to win and do so consistently he is the best by far. There aren’t any notable character issues with his program either. He’ll cut them loose.

Saban best coach? Who wouldn’t win with a team full of future NFL All Pros? Best recruiter? Yes. Most winningest? Yes. Best? That’s subjective.
Coaches job to get those players. Also the fact that he losing coordinators every year and doesn’t skip a beat is amazing. Putting tua in last year vs UGA solidified him being the best ever imo

Saban didn't have a team of pros when he got to Alabama. He rebuilt that program into arguably the greatest dynasty in college football history and he has a chance to cement the best ever argument before he retires.

"Best recruiter" is the entire point... Someday people will realize that considering just about every coach in college football continually says it's the "lifeblood of the program"... Whether you're the greatest talent developer, X's and O's guy, or recruiter, none of that matters... Winning is what matters... Nick Saban is among the best recruiters we've ever seen, he'll retire with the most wins in Div 1 college football history and the most national championships.

Saban didn't have a team of pros when he got to Alabama. He rebuilt that program into arguably the greatest dynasty in college football history and he has a chance to cement the best ever argument before he retires.

"Best recruiter" is the entire point... Someday people will realize that considering just about every coach in college football continually says it's the "lifeblood of the program"... Whether you're the greatest talent developer, X's and O's guy, or recruiter, none of that matters... Winning is what matters... Nick Saban is among the best recruiters we've ever seen, he'll retire with the most wins in Div 1 college football history and the most national championships.
So you’re telling me... that getting higher ranked players out of high school leads to winning? That is a concept that I refuse to except because I have a weird hill to die on that I’d rather get players deemed not as good, and as one poster said, we can be a better version of Iowa!

I'd agree there are a couple posters who might like to see Brian Kelly commit a few obvious brain farts against Clemson just to bolster their argument that he is not a good coach, but I seriously doubt there is a single ND fan who wants to see the team lose.

Instead of continually attacking other posters, maybe you should post under the topic, "Why Am I So Angry?" You might get some advice about living a happier life.
People aren't "angry" because they post a charged message on a football website. Our soft society these days is so damn quick to accuse "you're an angry person".

There's nothing wrong with being intense and passionate.

And I seriosuly doubt you can gauge someone life happiness based on their football chat board posts.

Reactions: Pennick4 and 88ND
Brian Kelly is an excellent coach. He's the best ND has had since Lou Holtz left.

That said, you're point is a good one... Winners do focus on winning, and how those winners achieved their success... That's why some of take interest in what the best coach in the history of college football, Nick Saban, and the 2nd best coach of the past half decade, Dabo Swinney, have been doing with their programs. You can learn a lot by watching what the ultra elite of a particular profession are doing.
Best coach in the history of college football? Utterly ridiculous.

He's not even the best at his school. Look at the Bear's schedules sometime.

Saban play a schedule like that? Nope. Not even close.

So you’re telling me... that getting higher ranked players out of high school leads to winning? That is a concept that I refuse to except because I have a weird hill to die on that I’d rather get players deemed not as good, and as one poster said, we can be a better version of Iowa!

Among the upper echelon (top 15-20 programs) of coaches there is very little difference in coaching quality, strength and conditioning, etc, etc...

What separates the best teams from their peers is the quality of talent they have to work with and the ceilings of those players. In some instances those ceilings are not represented properly in "star rating", but increasingly, with the amount of exposure these kids get, the majority of the best kids, with the highest ceilings, are known commodities coming out of high school.

The "flat earthers" will continue to dispute this by throwing out their delusional anecdotes, while Nick Saban continues to laugh at them and win national championships.

Whoa....hold the phone.

What about all the bags of cash you told us about with recruiting? lol

The very bag of cash I called out your bullshit on your claim that in recruiting we get the pretty dual parent kids that don't need the bags of cash given to them....what did you call it...the bagman I think you called him....lol.

I told you that you must have just watched blue chips for the millionth time and suggesting this pay for play bullshit in 2018 is not only childish and sour grapes but also not giving any respect to the Dabos and Sabans in the football world.

Long live the bagman, brotha

Whoa....hold the phone.

The very bag of cash I called out your bullshit on your claim that in recruiting we get the pretty dual parent kids that don't need the bags of cash given to them....what did you call it...the bagman I think you called him....lol.

I told you that you must have just watched blue chips for the millionth time and suggesting this pay for play bullshit in 2018 is not only childish and sour grapes but also not giving any respect to the Dabos and Sabans in the football world.

Dude if you don’t think there’s not shady sh*t going on in recruiting your insane. I’m from philly, it’s a well known fact that Deandre swift from UGA from st. Joes prep was greeted by the bagman in a BIG way.

Nick is likely to pass Bear Bryant in national championship wins (7) this year. He won Natty's at two different schools. He's also going to become college Div 1 football's all time wins leader shortly.... He's done in it the most competitive era of college football in history, with 120+ teams vying for recruits.

Complaining about Alabama scheduling 2- easy wins a year is useless. That's made completely irrelevant by comparison because Bryant played less games (as many as 4 less) than Saban is forced to coach each year. Winning 15 games is not easy.

Whoa....hold the phone.

The bagman has always existed in the modern era. It's escalated because it's become more competitive and more schools do it... One more thing that slick Nick's program just does better than everyone else.

Whoa....hold the phone.

Are you just intentionally naive to the world around you?

How do you think the sophomores at Alabama that couldn't afford to come on unofficial visits have middle to high end sports cars by their sophomore year? They're all over their Instagram and Twitter.

How do you account for the obvious pay-for-play scheme that got Hugh Freeze fired at Ole Miss and just say "naaahhhh ain't happening"?

How do you think USC got the closest thing to the Death Penalty, while Reggie Bush got his Heisman stripped?... You don't think it was because USC was paying his and his family's bills do you?

Do you really think that college basketball and college football are much different in how players end up where? We know about the money schemes in college basketball. That's blown up... Do you think that college football, which makes infinitely for money and much more money for each school on the line, is really any different. This is billion dollar business and you don't think they spend a little to make a lot? Lol

I've seen how corrupt it is right down to the NAIA, JUCO and CIS levels. If you think it gets "cleaner" at the top, you're experiencing delusions of grandeur.

Reactions: echowaker
Saban improved MSU but it wasn't earth shattering and he left as soon as he could to get to the SEC which just plays by different rules (recruiting, juncos, academics or lack thereof, and IIO's charges above.) He's a great coach, no doubt, maybe the best of his era with Urban and Dabo.... But none of those three (not so sure what Clemson's restrictions are and if they compare to ND academically, etc) have to deal with the restrictions Kelly has to deal with. Kelly has had success, real success, wherever he's coached. Not saying he deserves to be with these three but win the next two games and I'll argue yes!

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Saban improved MSU but it wasn't earth shattering and he left as soon as he could to get to the SEC which just plays by different rules (recruiting, juncos, academics or lack thereof, and IIO's charges above.) He's a great coach, no doubt, maybe the best of his era with Urban and Dabo.... But none of those three (not so sure what Clemson's restrictions are and if they compare to ND academically, etc) have to deal with the restrictions Kelly has to deal with. Kelly has had success, real success, wherever he's coached. Not saying he deserves to be with these three but win the next two games and I'll argue yes!

Brian Kelly has been a fantastic coach his entire career. Multiple national championships (albeit at a lower level) is impressive as hell. He's been extremely competitive at Notre Dame.

6 national titles at 2 schools, and a resume that is close to closing in on the most wins in CFB history puts Nick Saban in a league of his own in terms of active coaches and on the Mount Rushmore in the history of college football...

None of that takes away from Brian Kelly's accomplishments. Being compared to Phil Jackson, Bill Belicheck, Scotty Bowman, Nick Saban, etc, etc is not always fair.

While Nick Saban may be according to the best coach in college football history based on national championships, and the win
loss record, I doubt that he would have this incredible record if he would play north of the Mason-Dixon line, and drop all the FCS schools that they play. In addition, while coach may be looked at in Alabama purely in terms of wins losses, and national championships, one has to look at development of the student-athlete, and this is where Nick Saban failed miserably. I don't need to get in all the reasons why, I'm sure all the posts will. Personally I don't respect the guy.

While Nick Saban may be according to the best coach in college football history based on national championships, and the win
loss record, I doubt that he would have this incredible record if he would play north of the Mason-Dixon line, and drop all the FCS schools that they play. In addition, while coach may be looked at in Alabama purely in terms of wins losses, and national championships, one has to look at development of the student-athlete, and this is where Nick Saban failed miserably. I don't need to get in all the reasons why, I'm sure all the posts will. Personally I don't respect the guy.

You don't have to respect him. I don't think he's angelic by any stretch of the imagination. He seems like an asshole to be honest... But he's a winner through-and-through.

Reactions: HDK
@IrishInOntario a couple questions. Do you Think foskey is a silent committ right now? Also have you seen any senior film for nana osafo mensah? Can’t find any on hudl

@IrishInOntario a couple questions. Do you Think foskey is a silent committ right now? Also have you seen any senior film for nana osafo mensah? Can’t find any on hudl

Haven't seen any senior film of Nana yet. I know he had a monster season and was the DPOY in a crazy competitive district. I think he's a healthy Khalid Kareem style defense end. Very high upside.

Foskey is coming to Notre Dame if his academics check out.

USC, UCLA and others will spend the next month trying to change that though.

Lol! You can not compare the era when you could sign 5,000 players and only 15 schools did anything year in and year out.

You have schools pouring in millions of dollars in assistants and analytics and nutrition and training and STILL Alabama is at the top of the mountain.

Saban won at MSU, he won at LSU, he’s winning at Alabama. Yeah, greatness is subjective, but it’s difficult to make an objective case of any coach being better than Saban.

Dude if you don’t think there’s not shady sh*t going on in recruiting your insane. I’m from philly, it’s a well known fact that Deandre swift from UGA from st. Joes prep was greeted by the bagman in a BIG way.
You have proof of this? If not then quit accusing. It's childish to say the least.

It's 2018... There's not much that goes under the radar. In a me first world shit would come out in a heart beat.

Example...lets take Jaylon Smith. He was such a ridiculous physical freak yet he chose Notre Dame.

He was five star. If there was six stars he'd have been six stars.

Now where is all the money and bagman stories he didn't talk about? All the five star Bama players that people are throwing money at.

These accusations are nothing but excuses is 2018

You have proof of this? If not then quit accusing. It's childish to say the least.

It's 2018... There's not much that goes under the radar. In a me first world shit would come out in a heart beat.

Example...lets take Jaylon Smith. He was such a ridiculous physical freak yet he chose Notre Dame.

Now where is all the money and bagman stories he didn't talk about? All the five star Bama players that people are throwing money at.

Inaccurate. I've worked in the industry. There is cheating, at some level (financially) at nearly every school, at every level.

I ask again... How do Alabama sophomores that can't afford unofficial visits, living with their single mom's (and multiple siblings) in tiny metro area houses, wind up driving sports cars and muscle cars 2 years later and sophomores?

The fact that you think that "in 2018 we'd know" speaks for itself. The FBI (who knows a hell of a lot more about these things than you or I) continues to peel the layers of the basketball scandle back. Seemingly every month they find out more info... I guarantee you it's nearly endless.

If you think you know everything inside the world of collegiate athletics, I challenge you to get a job (or even volunteer) at any level of college sports, and witness how sketchy it can be for yourself.

The bagman has always existed in the modern era. It's escalated because it's become more competitive and more schools do it... One more thing that slick Nick's program just does better than everyone else.
So Nick is the most amazing coach and recruiter ever according to you...

Now when I call you on your bullshit you say cough cough...he is just better at cheating.

Keep watching blue chips my friend.

This fantasy you speak of is ridiculous.

Next you'll tell us all how you did 67 push-ups and booked a vacation before eating a granola from your fanny pack.

I'm sorry...that was two weeks ago.

This just in...

It's 2018....social media is a monster. Nobody is getting away with what you suggested IN a post someone removed. You know...YOUR post about Notre Dame and dual parent and recruiting and ND players not needing the bagman. WTFE

If you think the bagman is out there then he must be chilling with the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy.

Saban’s record, at LSU and Alabama speaks for itself.

In the words of the great American philosopher, Bill Parcels, “you are what your record says you are.”

With intersectional play today and scholarship restrictions, I believe that it’s harder to dominate today than it was 30, 40, 50 and 60 years ago.

How the Patriots continue to dominate in a league where parity is an inherent part of the very structure of the league is truly remarkable.

Wish Brady had come to ND

Head in the sand isn’t even an accurate descriptor.

Now when I call you on your bullshit you say cough cough...he is just better at cheating.

Next you'll tell us all how you did 67 push-ups and booked a vacation before eating a granola from your fanny pack.

This just in...

It's 2018....social media is a monster. Nobody is getting away with what you suggested IN a post someone removed. You know...YOUR post about Notre Dame and dual parent and recruiting and ND players not needing the bagman. WTFE

If you think the bagman is out there then he must be chilling with the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy.

88, you are naive. The underbelly of the NCAA in men's bball and football is very shady. Actually, shady is way too nice of a word, slimy is the right word. I would guess 80% of the programs are handing out a lot of cash and probably 18% are handing out a little cash - maybe not to everyone but at least to some of the players.

This just in...

67!?... I'm an old man in my 30's man... I might be able to bang out 60 in a set, but I doubt I'd push 70 legit, chest to the floor pushups in a single set anymore. 85-90 in a minute, with a small break to reset is still quite doable.

This just in...

Delusions of grandeur spoken by someone who has clearly never worked in the business, at any level.

If we are talking about the greatest of all time, how do you even determine it? I don't like driving on slick roads but I can't stay off this one. I have always used the one game rule myself. If I'm playing for the national championship or super bowl who do I want coaching my team? I am very confident putting Knute Rockne up against any coach I've seen or read about in college football. They changed the rules to eliminate his famed ND shift. His teams were defeated only 12 times in eleven years. The only thing that stopped him was an airplane at an early age for a coach. He was only 43 years old. I am very confident he would do just fine coaching in 2018. The man helped make college football. Football is a simple game: all you need is brains, courage, and timing. In the pros I'll take Bill Walsh and Joe Montana's teams against ANYBODY on any day.

Inaccurate. I've worked in the industry. There is cheating, at some level (financially) at nearly every school, at every level.

I ask again... How do Alabama sophomores that can't afford unofficial visits, living with their single mom's (and multiple siblings) in tiny metro area houses, wind up driving sports cars and muscle cars 2 years later and sophomores?

The fact that you think that "in 2018 we'd know" speaks for itself. The FBI (who knows a hell of a lot more about these things than you or I) continues to peel the layers of the basketball scandle back. Seemingly every month they find out more info... I guarantee you it's nearly endless.

If you think you know everything inside the world of collegiate athletics, I challenge you to get a job (or even volunteer) at any level of college sports, and witness how sketchy it can be for yourself.
i'll say. the stories i could tell about my time at MSU and the stories i know as fact from so many others in my time in football both on and off the field. some folks breathe quite well with their heads firmly entrenched in the sand.

This just in...

COMPLETELY delusional post.

Saban’s record, at LSU and Alabama speaks for itself.

In the words of the great American philosopher, Bill Parcels, “you are what your record says you are.”

With intersectional play today and scholarship restrictions, I believe that it’s harder to dominate today than it was 30, 40, 50 and 60 years ago.

How the Patriots continue to dominate in a league where parity is an inherent part of the very structure of the league is truly remarkable.

Wish Brady had come to ND
much, much harder to have sustained success in todays game.

88, you are naive. The underbelly of the NCAA in men's bball and football is very shady. Actually, shady is way too nice of a word, slimy is the right word. I would guess 80% of the programs are handing out a lot of cash and probably 18% are handing out a little cash - maybe not to everyone but at least to some of the players.
the $100 dollar handshakes have been around for a long,long time everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT