ADVERTISEMENT

Wingmen - time for check in and muster for Stanford

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
due to the holiday we need to get hands on deck for The Cardinal

You can take a leave for holiday but punch your ticket now to kick some high altitude ass Saturday

We need to hold steady at 50K feet. A thousand points of light. Stay the course

Cardinal cannot be allowed to migrate. Shoot down anything red in the air

GO IRISH. Beat Cardinal. Trim tree early this year

Are you with me?

Telx reporting for duty. The game is being played about two hundred miles from my home base, and so I plan a fly over on Friday, and plan to hot mic any intelligence to Kelly and staff. I had placed two spies on campus to report on Love’s ankle, but the damn wussies are going home for the thanksgiving weekend. Unlike the Navy game, this week we will be able to clearly see all the action from our 50k perch, and we will be able to focus all our attention on the game and keeping the skies clear of enemy birds, rather than fighting the damn elements.

Commander Skibro has issued clear orders and we will not disappoint! The only challenge will be staying at 50K. Last game of the season with huge consequences against a worthy rival and holding at only 50K will be a challenge.

Sorry for the late munster guys hunting them elusive pheasant.

This is a big game for nothing lesson Kelly being able to beat Shaw @ his house.
The U are Fool's Gold and have no business being number 2.
That was just completely a game where the die was cast against Notre Dame
A win against Stanford propel's Notre Dame into a big bowl game........ The Irish win this game and takes one more step into winning a major bowl game.... A game that hasn't been won since the Lou Holtz days

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennick4 and Telx1
Sorry for the late munster guys hunting them elusive pheasant.

This is a big game for nothing lesson Kelly being able to beat Shaw @ his house.
The U are Fool's Gold and have no business being number 2.
That was just completely a game where the die was cast against Notre Dame
A win against Stanford propel's Notre Dame into a big bowl game........ The Irish win this game and takes one more step into winning a major bowl game.... A game that hasn't been won since the Lou Holtz days
DIP...I was getting worried. Skibro flying with only one vocal wingman is asking for disaster. I assume Bodi will be flying wing incommunicado again. The basics are now covered, but more is always good when flying in enemy territory.

Been pheasant hunting once in my life at the invite of a farmer friend. Had to be instructed on how to hunt and shoot pheasant with a shotgun by his dad in front or twenty or so their relatives, none of which wanted to be near me when the hunt got underway. Hit a bird with each of my first two shots, and then spent hours trudging through mud until my friend got his two. Never invited back!

DIP...I was getting worried. Skibro flying with only one vocal wingman is asking for disaster. I assume Bodi will be flying wing incommunicado again. The basics are now covered, but more is always good when flying in enemy territory.

Been pheasant hunting once in my life at the invite of a farmer friend. Had to be instructed on how to hunt and shoot pheasant with a shotgun by his dad in front or twenty or so their relatives, none of which wanted to be near me when the hunt got underway. Hit a bird with each of my first two shots, and then spent hours trudging through mud until my friend got his two. Never invited back!

Good story.
We've hunted my buddies grandfather's Farm land for a couple years now so we got a pretty good idea where we want to go and how many we want to get
we let our dogs go pick them up for us though it can get messy.
If there's a person out there that has not tried pheasant I highly recommend they do extremely good

I wouldn't leave you guys hanging I think the Irish win this game but it's definitely going to take a team effort

Reactions: Telx1 and theskibro
Good story.
We've hunted my buddies grandfather's Farm land for a couple years now so we got a pretty good idea where we want to go and how many we want to get
we let our dogs go pick them up for us though it can get messy.
If there's a person out there that has not tried pheasant I highly recommend they do extremely good

I wouldn't leave you guys hanging I think the Irish win this game but it's definitely going to take a team effort
I am still shaken by he Miami loss. I will fly and we will have a successful mission shooting down cardinal pheasants but man was Miami a poor job of coaching. I don't care if we're flat. Kelly had an opportunity to improvise and encourage Wimbush to use his feet and option pass but kept him in pocket when he was throwing to prairie dogs.

It was inexcusable. I will always believe we should have won by 20 ifwewere playing good and in that particular shit show we still should have won in a close game.

I may need therapy

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I am still shaken by he Miami loss. I will fly and we will have a successful mission shooting down cardinal pheasants but man was Miami a poor job of coaching. I don't care if we're flat. Kelly had an opportunity to improvise and encourage Wimbush to use his feet and option pass but kept him in pocket when he was throwing to prairie dogs.

It was inexcusable. I will always believe we should have won by 20 ifwewere playing good and in that particular shit show we still should have won in a close game.

I may need therapy
Ski...you do need therapy, and we need you focused on kicking Stanford’s ass, not dwelling on the Miami game. Take four shots of MaCallen scotch neat before you take off tomorrow, and all will be well.

Reactions: theskibro
Agree. I think the Mia loss shows how conferences create the emotional ups and downs that result in the kinds of upsets like Pitt and Syr. I think the Committee gives weight to that.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT