ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush starts pay for play internet startup

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Former ND QB Brandon Wimbush has started a Ft Lauderdale start up to help college players gain from their name n image licensing

Called MOGL, it shows a lot of initiative on Brandon’s part. We all wish him well

I do, however, take exception to his example cited below:

"I was that college athlete, I experienced that lack of opportunity," Wimbush says. "The Miami game was one of the most-hyped games. I could have done a lot."

MOGL is an audible for Wimbush, a former five-star recruit who hoped to be in the National Football League by now.

Basically the Miami game was the high water mark for Brandon. Had he been able to capitalize on his name I believe it is very questionable if he would have made much money because he laid a major egg that game and went downhill from there

Anyway, he’s a bright guy and here’s hoping he does well

Who knows? I don’t agree at all with paying. It will ruin the college game. But the world is completely f Ed up so this is just another way to ruin life as we knew it

soooo student loan debt is “the crisis of our generation” along with “climate change” and “racial injustice” (sarcasm). But the people who walk out of school debt free have been used and taken advantage of.

Your right skibro.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgc7
Let players go pro whenever they want… simple fix… you’re allowed to make dumb choices. Don’t protect some by hurting others.

Reactions: rgc7
I think paying the players will help the college game. It will keep more players from jumping ship to the NFL too soon.

Reactions: chaseball
Playing and getting paid for it is cool, right? How can you say it's limited and has no future? Even today's athletes get paid to play. Hell, everything is built on investment and money. If this athlete could create a startup and get it off the ground right, he's great. I, too, started a startup and did a business plan at https://businessplanwritersuk.co.uk/. Then I was offered more and got into big business. The startup was unsuccessful, but I was left with a business plan that gave me more opportunities in real business.

Last edited:
ND has the ability to be a huge player in NIL. It’s just whether they will wait 30 years to build that jumbotron or not.

Let players go pro whenever they want… simple fix… you’re allowed to make dumb choices. Don’t protect some by hurting others.
No. They arent ready. It would hurt the game even more. They already make mistakes some players by leaving after 3 years when they aren't ready. Nfl is a huge step up. 99.9% aren't ready after only 2 years

Seriously ? does it even matter anymore ? Paying players in some form has been happening for decades. Now it's just legal. Don't mistake this for anything other than what it is. It's paying players to play football or whatever sport they play. As far as players leaving early. Let them leave. If you're going to argue that it wasn't fair to have universities make money off a players name, then you can't say it's fair that a player must wait until a certain time to go pro. If these players think they are good enough or ready after their first year in college, then they should be allowed to make that decision. The NFL GM's will pick them or not. Nobody is forcing these kids to go to school. There is no turning back any longer. The college game has officially "jumped the shark" . Think about it. Ten years ago the star QB coming out of high school is making his college choice on where he wants to go. I would bet most of the time it's where he thinks he can win a Natty and get noticed for the NFL. Now? That may not be necessarily true. He might think, heck I can win a championship at Bama, but at this ( insert school) , I can make big money off my NIL. Even more than Bama. Believe me this is already happening to some degree. These kids may not be officially professional, but they are at the very least semi-pro. For the record, I am not blaming any player who thinks they can make big money off their NIL. If it was me, I would do the same thing. Still, I think like all things, there will be unintended consequences for the new rules. There always are.

Reactions: Kelso86
I think paying the players will help the college game. It will keep more players from jumping ship to the NFL too soon.
Totally disagree !

If anything, it might encourage them.

Last edited:
soooo student loan debt is “the crisis of our generation” along with “climate change” and “racial injustice” (sarcasm). But the people who walk out of school debt free have been used and taken advantage of.

Your right skibro.
👍

Remember when Brian Bosworth created his "What's a Boz worth? Nothing" t-shirts and then made lots of money when opposing fans bought them up?
Which brings up the “Catholics vs the Convicts”
If a player sponsored it today, what would the outcome be ?

This is exactly right. Plus, make the NFL have minor leagues, then everyone can stop pretending they are a college student playing football.

This is exactly right. Plus, make the NFL have minor leagues, then everyone can stop pretending they are a college student playing football.
No one can make the nfl have a minor league and they have no reason to create one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT