ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush against Stanford

Telx1

I've posted how many times?
May 13, 2012
Anyone else think we’ll see Wimbush on a few runs out of the Wildcat against Stanford? I think we’ll also see at least one long pass from Wimbush as Stanford overcommits to stopping the run. Would love to see Wimbush have a positive impact while Book has a great game running the offense.

Reactions: Pennick4 and rgc7
I was thinking that perhaps we’ll see and Avery Davis halfback pass.

She may not be a starting level QB for major college football, but he still a very experienced QB, overall. And he’s already moving all over the formations as an APB. That seems to me like the ideal combination for a half back pass.

If the Stanford game is close, it seems like it could be the perfect time to bust it out.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Although, I also agree that I wouldn’t mind seeing us develop some packages and uses for Wimbush, whether that’s running wild cat or I red zone offense.

Anyone else think we’ll see Wimbush on a few runs out of the Wildcat against Stanford? I think we’ll also see at least one long pass from Wimbush as Stanford overcommits to stopping the run. Would love to see Wimbush have a positive impact while Book has a great game running the offense.
Agreed. His presence can present matchup nightmares for a defense. He has to be accounted for.

Reactions: rgc7
I wouldn't be surprised to see him at all. And he may have a huge impact on the game. When he's allowed to do what he does well he is a dynamic play maker, but he hasn't been consistent enough to run the whole offense. If they put him in, ask him to run simple reads in the passing game and use his legs to do damage he has the ability to be the difference while Book runs the majority of the offense like the coaching staff wants.

She may not be a starting level QB for major college football, but he still a very experienced QB, overall. And he’s already moving all over the formations as an APB. That seems to me like the ideal combination for a half back pass.

If the Stanford game is close, it seems like it could be the perfect time to bust it out.
Actually kinda like that... I’d LOVE that if we were up by 21 in the 4th and caught those nerds with their pants down with that.

Actually kinda like that... I’d LOVE that if we were up by 21 in the 4th and caught those nerds with their pants down with that.

If we’re up that much, I’d rather save if for some game when we’re close.

But agree, it would be sweet to hit Shaw with it.

Well, you know they have to have this play in their arsenal and assume they have practiced this. This is the kind of game where these kinds of plays are called. We seem to botch these more than succeed, but like you said, Avery has legitimate passing skills, so.....

I agree here, I think everyone will be ready for something different out of wimbush and Davis may be forgotten and not emphasized by Stanford. A trick pass by Davis would definitely catch them off guard.

I agree here, I think everyone will be ready for something different out of wimbush and Davis may be forgotten and not emphasized by Stanford. A trick pass by Davis would definitely catch them off guard.
I think Kelly has a poor record with 'trick' plays that fooled no one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT