ADVERTISEMENT

Will the roof be open at AT&T?

StCecelia40

Shakes Down The Thunder
Oct 7, 2014
Forecast is 32 Low/42 High with a 50% chance of showers.
Anyone know if the roof will be open or closed?

will be closed...... i think it is a rarity if it is every opened. I think the only reason they even had a retractable roof is that they wanted it to be like the old stadium.... and they wanted to let 'God watch the Cowboys.'

will be closed...... i think it is a rarity if it is every opened. I think the only reason they even had a retractable roof is that they wanted it to be like the old stadium.... and they wanted to let 'God watch the Cowboys.'
actually they open it more than you think. about 1/3 of the time

actually they open it more than you think. about 1/3 of the time
I would bet the Cowboys have played less than 10 games all time in that stadium with the roof opened..... I would bet that there have been 0 games played with the roof open when the outside temperature was forecasted to be below 50 degrees.

Thanks guys/Alice. All I had found was TBD and that it was closed for last years Cotton Bowl. I'm lucky/happy to have to decide how to pack.
Go IRISH Go!

Thanks guys/Alice. All I had found was TBD and that it was closed for last years Cotton Bowl. I'm lucky/happy to have to decide how to pack.
Go IRISH Go!

I tried googling my "roof open" inquiry several ways but only could find that the sixth time the roof was open for a football game was in November 2017. Would be a surprise if they opened it up for the Cotton Bowl.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Old what's his name said on Monday's live practice telecast on UND.com that the roof would be closed for the Cotton Bowl game.

Reactions: chaseball
Bowl game in Dallas cancelled due to weather (lightning) so I’m guessing the roof will be closed.

I am more worried about problems with the sun in the stadium; it has been a well known problem with late afternoon games. Because AT&T Stadium was built with an east-west configuration, the setting sun coming through the large windows at the west end of the stadium can be a big problem for receivers looking back at the QB and trying to pick up the ball. I am not sure what time of the afternoon is the biggest problem, but I sure hope our coaches do their homework and figure out how to minimize the problem if we win the coin toss and get to choose which goal we want to defend. Of course, I guess it is only a problem on a bright sunny day. If it is cloudy, I suppose it won't be a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT