ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it?

mmboys07

All Star
Oct 3, 2004
It seems to me every time ND gets into one of these big games certain players, who played a major role during the regular season, just disappear. Did Tony Jones even get a carry Saturday? Why not? Mix things up a little. Swing him out of the backfield. Sorry, I just don't think Clemson players were from another planet. Look, I was not out there. My playing days ended after high school. However, I did think our QB looked like he lacked confidence, which made the Clemson rush more effective. Sorry, I think the offense choked big time. Is that on the coach? The players? Don't know. I thought the defense did its job considering all the time they were on the field. One final thing. I just don't like Kelly. Hard to put a finger on it, but, in my view, he is totally lacking in a sense of humor, and just doesn't seem like he is really connected to the players at all. Done.

Reactions: Leahylads
It’s hard to see when your not in the stands. TV has a limited view.

It looked like our offense had good mojo early. We had two drives moving in Q1. On we shot ourself on the foot with ANOTHER false start. The last with a FG.

Obviously they adjusted and we didn’t change to annew package.

Take away Love out and get that fumble that should have been ours (footballs are not flat, never touched OOB) and you go into the half 9-6 more than likely.

We had to shift quickly to deep balls to catch up. Not our game plan I would guess with their pass rush.

I think if you go back and watch, BK is right. Unlike Alabama they did not dominate the line of scrimmage. They could not do what they wanted when.

We need depth at CB and one break and that game is probably still a lose but at 20-6, 20-13.

Reactions: notredamerises23
It’s hard to see when your not in the stands. TV has a limited view.

It looked like our offense had good mojo early. We had two drives moving in Q1. On we shot ourself on the foot with ANOTHER false start. The last with a FG.

Obviously they adjusted and we didn’t change to annew package.

Take away Love out and get that fumble that should have been ours (footballs are not flat, never touched OOB) and you go into the half 9-6 more than likely.

We had to shift quickly to deep balls to catch up. Not our game plan I would guess with their pass rush.

I think if you go back and watch, BK is right. Unlike Alabama they did not dominate the line of scrimmage. They could not do what they wanted when.

We need depth at CB and one break and that game is probably still a lose but at 20-6, 20-13.
Would love to agree with you here but Clemson let up, they could've scored 50 on us.

Reactions: FootballCityTATER
After seeing how badly Book looked in the first half, I thought bring in Wimbush. It just looked more like a Wimbush king of game than a Book type of game ?
I think a few good runs by Wimbush would have slowed down their rush and opened things up a little more.
I also noticed on a few plays when bush scrambled on 3rd down, that he ran out of bound about
Two yards short of the down market. I can understand not wanting to take a hit, but I thought come
Man this game is for all the marbles !

Would love to agree with you here but Clemson let up, they could've scored 50 on us.

I don’t think putting up 7 in the second half is convincing. Even that was a blown defense on a 3-2. Left the middle wide for that long run selling out for a pitch.

They put up a legit 7 with Love in. The run 2nd half. 3 we handed them in a fumble.

All other points were long balls to Love’s vacated side. They were not 80 yard drives. Bama was just a grind it down and we could not stop them. That’s just what I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT