ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe something else at work here...(REES)

Because this move is not a career advancement… maybe he’s so smart and knows something history hasn’t shown with bama past OCs that don’t get crazy good roles immediately leaving bama unless they already had one before joining bama.

If you want to say it’s probably because he’d rather work for saban than freeman in same capacity, ok, I get it. But if he’s as good as he thinks he is, he could explode with great nd year, move on to nfl, then still have real good shot to be future nd HC. It’s all set up for him at ND, unless there is issues at nd with him freeman or program we don’t know.

Bama OCs haven’t become great HCs after leaving.
Lol, you have died on this hill.

The situation at Bama, as difficult as it is for you to accept, is better for TR to advance his career. That simple.

To some that have underdeveloped abilities to think, like yourself, will be upset. This move will help Tommy be a better coach in the future, and could benefit him in the future for ND. If it doesn’t, he wast becoming HC in the near future, and he had runway as an OC. But anyone that thinks Nick is doing a favor or that Rees senior (@cmck) is responsible, are just in denial. Nick thinks Rees can help them.

Exactly, god. It's like EVERY SINGLE TIME someone doesn't do something other than act as if Notre Dame is the absolute pinnacle of existence people flip out and just can't understand it, attack the person, or whatever.

Notre Dame is NOT the be-all-end-all in the world. Get over it and let people make the decisions they feel are best for themselves and stop with the "Well someone didn't choose Notre Dame, there MUST be something sketchy in play here" garbage.
But to many of us, it is.

Dont forget Tommy looked 18 year old 5 star recruits in the eye and told them picking ND was a better life decision and football decision than picking Alabama. Then the first time he had that choice, he picked Alabama. That kind of “good for thee but not for me” always catches up with you. Always.

Lol, you have died on this hill.

The situation at Bama, as difficult as it is for you to accept, is better for TR to advance his career. That simple.

To some that have underdeveloped abilities to think, like yourself, will be upset. This move will help Tommy be a better coach in the future, and could benefit him in the future for ND. If it doesn’t, he wast becoming HC in the near future, and he had runway as an OC. But anyone that thinks Nick is doing a favor or that Rees senior (@cmck) is responsible, are just in denial. Nick thinks Rees can help them.
Well said. Nasty is clueless

Nonsense. Rees made this move for resume-building for his career. He wants to either coach in the NFL or become a college HC. Working for Saban will be good for that.

Not really.
Lane...top of the world before his Saban stop.

Bill O'Brien...with Belechick...HC at PSU...HC at Houston NFL..
All before Saban stop.

You ****ing guys are dillusionaly trendy sorts.
OMG...nobody had success in anything until Saban employed them. WTFE....

Saban get white hot and in a groove at Bama. Plug and play.

He sucked at MSU....
He REALLY sucked in the NFL...

But hey...he only ever worked at Bama and never lost a game.
Lane...top of the world to the garbage dump before Saban rehab,,,

Don't disagree about Saban's limitations...won at the one place he had TOTAL control and TOTAL commitment to use everything available to win...Bear would have been just as successful if he had 29 analysts to help out...and you're right about the NFL...he is not a good NFL coach...one of the reasons whey I think Pete Carroll is better...won at both levels with what he recruited and what he was provided...Saban can't win with other people's players...

The Notre Dame football program will be alright. Please understand that this was an arranged marriage (Freeman and Rees). I would say that Coach Freeman is not shedding many tears because of this exit. Tommy has been flirting with both NFL and NCAA college prospective opportunities during this past offseason - even after professing to the team that he loves ND and wanted to win a National Championship with them, well this opportunity was what he was looking for and he took it.

I agree that this is about Tommy and his career, can't fault him for that. I would also say that this is definitely good for Notre Dame. I re-watched many of the games from this past year and I just didn't see this, OC Guru. Tommy does have some schemes that were positive but coaching and execution seem to fall short. During the season there were things stated by some of the players and Coach Freeman.

The most recent comment was made by Coach Freeman after the South Carolina game, when asked about the interception in the red zone. Coach Freeman stated that the play call should have never been made. He then attempted to soften that statement by saying that the pass should have never been thrown. You could see the frustration on his face. With that stated, I would like to thank coach Rees for his contributions to ND and wish him the best.

I have been a Notre Dame sports fan for more than 50 years. Believe me when I say that Notre Dame will be alright. Go Irish!!!!

Reactions: mbd11 and 88ND
The Notre Dame football program will be alright. Please understand that this was an arranged marriage (Freeman and Rees). I would say that Coach Freeman is not shedding many tears because of this exit. Tommy has been flirting with both NFL and NCAA college prospective opportunities during this past offseason - even after professing to the team that he loves ND and wanted to win a National Championship with them, well this opportunity was what he was looking for and he took it.

I agree that this is about Tommy and his career, can't fault him for that. I would also say that this is definitely good for Notre Dame. I re-watched many of the games from this past year and I just didn't see this, OC Guru. Tommy does have some schemes that were positive but coaching and execution seem to fall short. During the season there were things stated by some of the players and Coach Freeman.

The most recent comment was made by Coach Freeman after the South Carolina game, when asked about the interception in the red zone. Coach Freeman stated that the play call should have never been made. He then attempted to soften that statement by saying that the pass should have never been thrown. You could see the frustration on his face. With that stated, I would like to thank coach Rees for his contributions to ND and wish him the best.

I have been a Notre Dame sports fan for more than 50 years. Believe me when I say that Notre Dame will be alright. Go Irish!!!!
Yeah , its only been 34 years since they won a championship.

ADVERTISEMENT