ADVERTISEMENT

Who Will It Be?

iwish

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 1, 2006
Who will come up big for us against Clemson? After watching a couple of practice clips, I have a feeling Chris Finke is going to have a solid game. He's looking sharp.

ND needs to run more WR bubble screens to slow down the pass rush and take advantage of the size adv of ND WR over Clems DB.

If they can even hold their own while still ultimately losing the battle I’ll be impressed.
No faith whatsoever in the OL? Too much trendy speak from ESPN has done warped your brain.

We aren't 12-0 for nothing. We didnt luck our way to our wins. We beat without a shadow of a doubt all twelve teams before us.

One half vs USC, three quarters vs Pitt...

That is all of our trailing for the entire season.

Honestly the games minus the two listed we were in total and complete control.

An overview of the Clemson defense....Rush Defense 3rd, Red Zone Defense 11th, Scoring Defense 2nd, Sacks 3rd, TFL 2nd, Total Defense 4th, Third Down Defense 7th. Those are real numbers. Not mumbo jumbo created by the sports media. We can spin this anyway we want but the fact is the Irish OL has to perform at a very high level with little room for error. It's their time to shine.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
No faith whatsoever in the OL? Too much trendy speak from ESPN has done warped your brain.

We aren't 12-0 for nothing. We didnt luck our way to our wins. We beat without a shadow of a doubt all twelve teams before us.

One half vs USC, three quarters vs Pitt...

That is all of our trailing for the entire season.

Honestly the games minus the two listed we were in total and complete control.
I’ve watched the line for 12 games. No, they cannot compete with Clemson’s d line.

Edit.. I was tired when I typed this, yes they can compete, but I think if you ask me the most likely scenario Clemson d line wins the battle handily. Doesn’t necessarily mean a loss.

Last edited:
An overview of the Clemson defense....Rush Defense 3rd, Red Zone Defense 11th, Scoring Defense 2nd, Sacks 3rd, TFL 2nd, Total Defense 4th, Third Down Defense 7th. Those are real numbers. Not mumbo jumbo created by the sports media. We can spin this anyway we want but the fact is the Irish OL has to perform at a very high level with little room for error. It's their time to shine.

"We can spin this anyway we want but the fact is the Irish OL has to perform at a very high level with little room for error. It's their time to shine."

Bingo!

Seems Florida State had a pretty good defensive line and we ran pretty well against them. I know Clemsons is better and don't expect to run for 365 yards against them, but 150 will be good enough and give Book enough time to throw. The OL doesn't have to be perfect but they cannot have a bad day either.

Seems Florida State had a pretty good defensive line and we ran pretty well against them. I know Clemsons is better and don't expect to run for 365 yards against them, but 150 will be good enough and give Book enough time to throw. The OL doesn't have to be perfect but they cannot have a bad day either.
Anything can happen but saying Clemson is better coached is the understatement of the year. If we can play their d line tough and win some drives we win

FSU has 1 first round talent on their defensive line and he's more of a pass rusher. Clemson has at least 4 and they go 2 deep. Clemson's defensive line is a whole different animal, especially when our line struggled against Pitt and USC.

I don't care if Clemson's OL doesn't come to play and I hope they jump the count all night. The analyst that I watch, read, and respect, all have the OL/DL play on both sides as the key. That's not exactly going out on a limb , but, in this case, they may be spot on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT