ADVERTISEMENT

We’re up to 5 portal players!

There’s no way they can shift to a 3-3-5 next year

Vaughan is more athletic than any de we have, probably by far

Lucas could walk in the door and be one of our best dlinemen potentially
1. They are apparently considering it. I agree we shouldn't.

2. You talk about Vaughn's athleticism but against decent teams last year it didn't show up .. 5 ast tackles vs byu 1 tackle vs alabama, 6 ast vs New Mexico....

This isn't a needle mover. You are just taking snaps from young guys.

1. They are apparently considering it. I agree we shouldn't.

2. You talk about Vaughn's athleticism but against decent teams last year it didn't show up .. 5 ast tackles vs byu 1 tackle vs alabama, 6 ast vs New Mexico....

This isn't a needle mover. You are just taking snaps from young guys.
Bama doubled him a lot….

Maybe foskey would get that attention

Not saying he’s foskey, but he clearly can move. I’m not expecting him to be a 50 snap player, but he can probably do some things no one is ready to do on our team

3rd and long where we rush or drop DEs and our DEs have no clue how to cover, he can drop a bit

Burnham IS a de if they want him to be. He's 6'4 and 235. He can easily put 15-20 lbs on that frame.
They want him to be because other players/recruits aren’t panning out or landing at nd … not because he’s some great potential de, we also have a lot jam at lb

If Burnham becomes a good DE, I’d bet a lot of money it won’t be next year… that’s why you need someone from portal for a year

Bama doubled him a lot….

Maybe foskey would get that attention

Not saying he’s foskey, but he clearly can move. I’m not expecting him to be a 50 snap player, but he can probably do some things no one is ready to do on our team

3rd and long where we rush or drop DEs and our DEs have no clue how to cover, he can drop a bit
The bama game highlights are available on ESPN and he wasn't doubled a single time that I saw and was constantly pushed wide. I doubt very seriously that you watched that entire game.

Every snap he takes would be one less for a multi year player to develop. There are plenty of guys on the team that can give you 80% of this guy and we would benefit from the experience they gain. As a general rule if I can get 80% production from a young player, that is a better institutional move than taking a rental and possibly stunting development or pushing people to the portal.

The bama game highlights are available on ESPN and he wasn't doubled a single time that I saw and was constantly pushed wide. I doubt very seriously that you watched that entire game.

Every snap he takes would be one less for a multi year player to develop. There are plenty of guys on the team that can give you 80% of this guy and we would benefit from the experience they gain. As a general rule if I can get 80% production from a young player, that is a better institutional move than taking a rental and possibly stunting development or pushing people to the portal.
Then why do you think freeman is going after so many portal dl players? We’ve reached out to probably at least 5

Yes he is. He got moved in fall camp and is a full time Vyper.

He's going to be huge and will get quality reps next year
I’m aware he got moved there, my point is he was mlb in hs and he got moved there due to lack of bodies at vyper… has a long ways to go

I sure hope he becomes a stud but he has to really transform his game and body

I’m aware he got moved there, my point is he was mlb in hs and he got moved there due to lack of bodies at vyper… has a long ways to go

I sure hope he becomes a stud but he has to really transform his game and body
He wasn't moved because of that. He got moved because he's growing bigger than they thought. He's a big kid.

Doing well in practices and everyone is high on him

He wasn't moved because of that. He got moved because he's growing bigger than they thought. He's a big kid.

Doing well in practices and everyone is high on him
Is there anyone our coaches aren’t high on? I heard they’re high on onye but he hasn’t gotten in yet.

Is there anyone our coaches aren’t high on? I heard they’re high on onye but he hasn’t gotten in yet.
Yeah. The corners and safeties from before MF got there. Walters Riley crew. Some of the OL. A few of the guys who transferred, Ekwonu and Berrong. Powlus Schwitzer. Some they are high on some they arent. More to enter portal by end of spring

Some on here so don’t take any and instead just develop your roster. That’s a terrible take since your roster will be going to the portal too.

We got a qb, wr, safety/nickel, kicker, punter

We absolutely need at minimum 2 DL, ideally 3. One speed rusher and 1-2 interior

I think we end up with 8 players from the portal, all contributors

If we can sure up our DL I think this team could have a solid shot to run the table, talent will be there. It will then all come down to coaching
Let's see where ND winds up in the PORTAL RANKINGS. Raw numbers are great, but the REAL CRITERION is who will have gotten the BEST PLAYERS.

Yeah. The corners and safeties from before MF got there. Walters Riley crew. Some of the OL. A few of the guys who transferred, Ekwonu and Berrong. Powlus Schwitzer. Some they are high on some they arent. More to enter portal by end of spring
Same staff that plays Lewis and dj brown… I can’t imagine being on the team and not being able to beat those two out

Same staff that plays Lewis and dj brown… I can’t imagine being on the team and not being able to beat those two out
You act like they are sitting some studs just to play those guys. Unfortunately they were the best we had to play

You act like they are sitting some studs just to play those guys. Unfortunately they were the best we had to play
That’s what’s scary …. If Riley and Barnes couldn’t get on the field this year over Lewis brown and houston

ADVERTISEMENT