ADVERTISEMENT

Where does this class finish

baron100

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 19, 2004
Adding Lambert, Kyngston and Shaw will put us at 272 which should be good enough for 10sh. Add in a few others and a flip or two and top 7/8 not out of the question. Looks like Lambert will be nd, 50/50 on kyngston and 30-70 on Shaw, ( not a priority for Bama right now but if they want him they’ll probably get him). Never know with flips from nd to elsewhere but class seems pretty solid

I believe we can compete with consistent top 10 classes, play the transfer portal carefully, more and better, recruit a true difference maker at QB and keep the schedule but strong but balanced.. Clemson played for and won multiple championships with this formula (minus transfer portal because it didn’t exist). BTW for those that think ND won’t develop more thinking on transfer portal, our basketball
Coach is already paving the way, just as Weis did with EEs.

I think ND had the #1 class in the country this time last year while still being in play for and leading for several high 4 star and 5 star commits down the stretch. They missed out on most of them and finished 12th last year.

This year ND isnt in play with any of those types of guys down the stretch, and their class is already ranked 6th. My guess is ND continues to disappoint down the stretch on the recruiting trail (based purely on their track record) and slips to 15th-20th by final NSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: adrian1477
I think ND had the #1 class in the country this time last year while still being in play for and leading for several high 4 star and 5 star commits down the stretch. They missed out on most of them and finished 12th last year.

This year ND isnt in play with any of those types of guys down the stretch, and their class is already ranked 6th. My guess is ND continues to disappoint down the stretch on the recruiting trail (based purely on their track record) and slips to 15th-20th by final NSD.
8th last year in player avg

Get me the president on the phone. We’re surrendering our position in Cuba.

12-15 and anyway you slice this if you're conclusion isn't the gap is widening for actually COMPETING for a NC then you're either the biggest homer, are just plain ignorant or simply should have your posting rights removed.😎 BOTTOM LINE...THE GAP IS NOT CLOSING!!!

12-15 and anyway you slice this if you're conclusion isn't the gap is widening for actually COMPETING for a NC then you're either the biggest homer, are just plain ignorant or simply should have your posting rights removed.😎 BOTTOM LINE...THE GAP IS NOT CLOSING!!!
Troll.

A couple of good points.

And though I don't know how ND will finish down the stretch THIS YEAR, it SELDOM CLOSES STRONG and only RARELY does that MUST-UBER-ALLES recruit sign with ND.

But if you've guessed right on a 15th to 20th finish, that's BOB DAVIE TERRITORY, and we all know what happened there.

As for the whole FOLLOW-RECRUITING enterprise, it strikes me mainly as one of WISH FULFILLMENT where hope ALWAYS springs eternal . . . that is, until signing day arrives and the narrative switches to MISSION ALMOST ACCOMPLISHED.

Honestly, what could be more BAKED INTO THE CAKE given all of the well-known obstacles ND imposes on itself.

The classes are almost uniformly VERY GOOD without EVER being PARAMOUNT. But then, VERY GOOD is all that's required for BRAND NAME MAINTENANCE as nothing keeps fanbases HUNGRIER.

You would not know the TRUTH if it slapped you in the face.
Is ok with 9-4 or 10-3 and nevever winning another NC while getting embarrassed in every single BIG game for the last 30 years!!! 1993 ND 31 FSU 24, the last REAL big game ND won!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that true enough for you?

Reactions: adrian1477

If we didnt land another recruit in the entire class wed have the

12th overall class in the 22 season and

17th overall in the 23 season

15th overall in the 21 season

Did the gap close at wr? Yes
Corner back? Yes
Ol and te kept high level during transition year...
QB? Yes
Rb? Yes

Dl - no
Lb - no
Safety - no

Hard to say it's not gap closing, as that's a disservice to the groups that are killing it in recruiting. We have work to do on defense.

Reactions: tbone3114
Did the gap close at wr? Yes
Corner back? Yes
Ol and te kept high level during transition year...
QB? Yes
Rb? Yes

Dl - no
Lb - no
Safety - no

Hard to say it's not gap closing, as that's a disservice to the groups that are killing it in recruiting. We have work to do on defense.
I think we've slipped at TE the last 2 years .

And I really like the DL class the last 2 years so Id say yes there

I think we've slipped at TE the last 2 years .

And I really like the DL class the last 2 years so Id say yes there
If do not characterize nor define Holden Staes, Eli Raridon, and Cooper Flanagan as "slipping..." at TE the last two seasons.

Reactions: tbone3114
If do not characterize nor define Holden Staes, Eli Raridon, and Cooper Flanagan as "slipping..." at TE the last two seasons.
Cooper Flanagan and jack Larsen are the last 2 classes and I do consider that a slip

Is ok with 9-4 or 10-3 and nevever winning another NC while getting embarrassed in every single BIG game for the last 30 years!!! 1993 ND 31 FSU 24, the last REAL big game ND won!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that true enough for you?
anyone stupid enough to think class ranking are all that matters, then go ahead and whine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT