ADVERTISEMENT

"What Tommy Rees is doing is coaching malpractice"

i'd prefer if we all just stopped discussing anything non ND football altogether

i'd prefer if everybody was a bit more open minded to contrasting opinions and if they disagreed took the time to provide a well articulated post with evidence to back up their point of view

i'd prefer if we respected other posters --even people we don't agree with-- as to make this a more welcoming place for people to contribute their ideas and to feel welcome to disagree with others

but there's just a lot of tribalism here and people who take any dialogue that isn't positive towards ND football as a personal attack onto themselves so they retaliate and make personal attacks on others

i dont post here to be liked, i post here to be educated on ND football to gain insight to spread ideas and discuss pressing matters regarding my favorite football team
You are not open minded at all. You use a ranking system and talk like it is the end all be all. No matter how bad it is you will defend it. That's not being open minded at all

Well, Michigan wishes Brandon Wimbush was more inaccurate to Chris Finke game 1-2018.

One of my favorite wins, as a home underdog, of recent memory.

That was a great win, no doubt. Finke took that ball away from the defender if memory serves me correctly. Great catch. I can still see Rashaan Gary trying to catch Wimbush. Yeah, not happening 😂

It's been 3 games. None of the QBs are ready. Give the man time before passing judgment.

You don’t think that would be Rees’s fault that none of the QBs are ready? If it wasn’t so similar to his struggles at ND, maybe he’d deserve a pass. It is the same though. It’s a trend at this point.

He needs to fix it or he might be looking for another job very soon. Wish him well, but I have my doubts

Reactions: NDinNJ and mirer03
I think it shows why TR made the right call. He is young and only knew ND. Saban will provide a different perspective and view on how to attack. TR played so he has that, he coached under BK who is a top coach. Now under Saban who is a championship coach. He will see players with less between their ears and more on their bones.

It was the best thing for his aspiration. I’m glad we changed. MF is the future for ND. TR saw how MF treats players.

Having your mentors be BK, Saban and MF will pay off after some pain.

If it doesn’t, he should consider small school.

I'm not defending Rees....but, who pulled Milroe after game 2? Rees or Saban? He had 2 picks against Texas...but still put up 24 points. That "malpractice" had better be shared by Saban...because I can't believe he let Rees, or any OC, have sole control over who is under center. Finebaum doesn't have the balls to blame Saban. Rees is low hanging fruit.

You don’t think that would be Rees’s fault that none of the QBs are ready? If it wasn’t so similar to his struggles at ND, maybe he’d deserve a pass. It is the same though. It’s a trend at this point.

He needs to fix it or he might be looking for another job very soon. Wish him well, but I have my doubts
You can blame Rees, but I'm inclined to say none of the QBs at Bama are very good regardless of who coaches them. Why was it that Saban tried to get Maye from North Carolina? But again it's been 3 games. Maybe one of those guys will emerge and turn it around. That's my main point. Give it time before passing judgment.

I think it shows why TR made the right call. He is young and only knew ND. Saban will provide a different perspective and view on how to attack. TR played so he has that, he coached under BK who is a top coach. Now under Saban who is a championship coach. He will see players with less between their ears and more on their bones.

It was the best thing for his aspiration. I’m glad we changed. MF is the future for ND. TR saw how MF treats players.

Having your mentors be BK, Saban and MF will pay off after some pain.

If it doesn’t, he should consider small school.

You make good points. TR almost had to roll the dice once offered by Saban...but in hindsight, as discussed, he is clearly learning on the job, as he was at ND. He has a LONG way to go.

It's a race condition. Does he have enough time? If this kind of performance continue with more losses, I sense Saban could fire him. Saban himself seems on the downturn, with Alabama in a less favorable recruiting situation.

I posted before this is how politics work. Saban for his success gets runway while others are the fall guy once things go south. TR is one of those potential fall guys, a perfect storm for him...clock is ticking.

You make good points. TR almost had to roll the dice once offered by Saban...but in hindsight, as discussed, he is clearly learning on the job, as he was at ND. He has a LONG way to go.

It's a race condition. Does he have enough time? If this kind of performance continue with more losses, I sense Saban could fire him. Saban himself seems on the downturn, with Alabama in a less favorable recruiting situation.

I posted before this is how politics work. Saban for his success gets runway while others are the fall guy once things go south. TR is one of those potential fall guys, a perfect storm for him...clock is ticking.
When you are earning 6-million guaranteed to learn on the job, it's a great gig.

TR is a ND man, he was not going to really learn much from MF, MF needed him. Who knows, maybe he takes ND from MF in 6 years when MF wins his 3rd Natty and moves to the pro's.

Seems like a smart kid....i'm sure he will soak it up. He learned one lesson, no promises for championships. You have to earn the spot, just because you where there 2 years you have to earn it. MF was smart to go after Sam. TR learned that now.

Gotta ask Saban that. He made a mistake. Happens to the best on all professions in life. No one is perfect. Right?
How, exactly, did Saban make a mistake ?

Three games into the season, with one game played in adverse condition, what should Rees have done differently ? Please provide detailed specifics !
Thanks

Last edited:
How, exactly, did Saban make a mistake ?

Three games into the season, with one game played in adverse condition, what should Rees have done differently ? Please provide detailed specifics !
Thanks
He started the game not playing the best QB, Milroe

He played Buchner but watching the 2 it was clear Simpson was better of those 2

His offense is sputtering the last 2 games with all that talent...

You're welcome

• Haha
Reactions: sluggo69

Rees inherited those QB’s, so why is he responsible for transforming them into Tom Brady ?

He started the game not playing the best QB, Milroe

He played Buchner but watching the 2 it was clear Simpson was better of those 2

His offense is sputtering the last 2 games with all that talent...

You're welcome
Saban makes the call on who starts, not Rees.

To date, Milroe looks pedestrian !

”All that talent” ?
Like ND, “Loaded with NFL talent at every position” ?

You just don’t know what you’re talking about !

Rees inherited those QB’s, so why is he responsible for transforming them into Tom Brady ?

Rees had 3 years to recruit and develop his own Elite QB at ND. Where is that guy at? He should be starting right now. Oh, he doesn’t exist? How can that be? BUT OF COURSE Rees can’t be responsible for a QB train wreck at Bama. Even with one of the three QBs being HIS OWN creation (Buchner). He didn’t have all spring and summer to get one ready after all.

Last edited:
I guess you haven't watched them play? Thats obvious
They held USF to 3 points
They held MTSU to 7 and that 7 was during garbage time when they were already up 42-0

Texas, they gave up 34 to Texas, but Texas has an elite QB and they are legit top 5 team. The Alabama defense is loaded with elite talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golson5
Rees had 3 years to recruit and develop his own Elite QB at ND. Where is that guy at? He should be starting right now. Oh, he doesn’t exist? How can that be? BUT OF COURSE Rees can’t be responsible for a QB train wreck at Bama. Even with one of the three QBs being HIS OWN creation (Buchner). He didn’t have all spring and summer to get one ready after all.
Rees is no longer at ND and the focus of this thread is his performance at ALABAMA !

So it’s your opinion that any QB can be made SEC game ready after limited practices during the previous spring and summer ?

Have you read the NCAA restrictions on spring and summer practices ?

Rees is no longer at ND and the focus of this thread is his performance at ALABAMA !

So it’s your opinion that any QB can be made SEC game ready after limited practices during the previous spring and summer ?

Have you read the NCAA restrictions on spring and summer practices ?

Buchner has been in Rees’s offense for 3 years so quit blowing smoke up people’s asses with dumb questions

Question you need to answer for yourself apparently…

ARE Sophomore+ QB’s incapable of playing decently in college football or are they destined to fail even under good OC’s? Not a single one of those QBs playing at Bama are True FR

Last edited:
Reactions: Golson5
Buchner has been in Rees’s offense for 3 years so quit blowing smoke up people’s asses with dumb questions

Question you need to answer for yourself apparently…

ARE Sophomore+ QB’s incapable of playing decently in college football or are they destined to fail even under good OC’s? Not a single one of those QBs playing at Bama are True FR
Alabama recruited and has a group of QB’s who have nothing to do with Rees.
Those QB’s are solely Saban’s selections, NOT Rees’s.

So, is Saban incapable of developing QB’s ?

Saban makes the call on who starts, not Rees.

To date, Milroe looks pedestrian !

”All that talent” ?
Like ND, “Loaded with NFL talent at every position” ?

You just don’t know what you’re talking about !
Milroe is by far the best QB on that roster, maybe they figured that out because guess what.....Milroe is staring this weekend. Wasted a game but they figured it out

Yes of course Alabama is loaded with talent everywhere. They always are.

Tons of NFL guys up and down that roster. If you dont think they are, you are dumber than I even thought

You are really, really, really, really dumb.

Damn you are dumb

Milroe is by far the best QB on that roster, maybe they figured that out because guess what.....Milroe is staring this weekend. Wasted a game but they figured it out

Tons of NFL guys up and down that roster. If you dont think they are, you are dumber than I even thought

Damn you are dumb
If they have so much NFL talent how come they barely beat an unranked South Florida team ?

And you called me dumb ?

If they have so much NFL talent how come they barely beat an unranked South Florida team ?

And you called me dumb ?
So you think they dont? Please tell me you are just joking? You can't be serious, can you?

Seriously, you're joking, no?

So you think they dont? Please tell me you are just joking? You can't be serious, can you?

Seriously, you're joking, no?
The proof is in the pudding !

If they were loaded with all of that NFL talent that you reference they would have beaten South Florida by five or more TD’s.

So tell us, WHY, with all of that NFL talent, did they barely beat an unranked South Florida team ?

The proof is in the pudding !

If they were loaded with all of that NFL talent that you reference they would have beaten South Florida by five or more TD’s.

So tell us, WHY, with all of that NFL talent, did they barely beat an unranked South Florida team ?
Yep you are that stupid

Damn you are dumb
I watched Milroe against Texas. He was awful.

I watched Milroe against Texas. He was awful.
He's by far the best QB they have. And it's not close

And he was bad, yeah. Not awful

Specualtion he mayhave been suspended sat but that is unconfirmed because their QBs were beyond awful. It was veyond awful

He's by far the best QB they have. And it's not close

And he was bad, yeah. Not awful

Specualtion he mayhave been suspended sat but that is unconfirmed because their QBs were beyond awful. It was veyond awful
Again, I watched Milroe against Texas. He isn't an accurate or even an average throwing Quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT