ADVERTISEMENT

"What Tommy Rees is doing is coaching malpractice"

Rees is stubborn and seems to have a high opinion of himself.
He doesn’t seem to be able to evaluate and recruit QBs. He certainly can’t coach time to be better.
He’s going to working as a low paid offensive asssistant in the NFL or an OC at a lower level third tier school within 18 months.
I thought he gave us all he had at ND as a player but he should never have come back to ND as an OC so early.

Yeah Feinbaum held no punches. Brutal. Social media (Bama fans mostly) is roasting Rees and Buchner

I also read all that. Pretty sobering. That’s the life of an aspiring college coach, risk 101.

I always thought Tommy was in over his head. His current struggles at Alabama confirm this. I think the 1st misstep was being appointed OC at all. I’m no expert and talking I’m hindsight, but maybe that was too soon.

I get the impression Saban might fire him this season.

Saban never makes mistakes according to some posters on this site. You’re not allowed to have a differing opinion than someone that makes 100x more than you and has accomplished more than you could ever do. 😂
When you win 6 national titles in 14 seasons, you have earned that.

I question Tommy’s decision making skills. He left a great offensive situation at ND for a very bad one at Bama. Hartman and Angeli look better than any qb on Bama’s roster. A decision I bet he regrets.

I question Tommy’s decision making skills. He left a great offensive situation at ND for a very bad one at Bama. Hartman and Angeli look better than any qb on Bama’s roster. A decision I bet he regrets.
It's the 6-million guaranteed over three seasons he doesn't regret.

I didn't see this coming at all 🙄

I guess you can't just ride on your daddy's football connections and need a little more football acumen to make it in the SEC.

Paul Finebaum has always been an anti-ND guy.

Finebaum states that the QB should be able to mask the deficiencies in the OLine ? ? ?
That had to be one of the dumbest football statements I’ve ever heard.

Now Finebaum knows more than Saban ? ? ?

There is so much "i told you so" going on on this site after 3-4 games it's ridiculous. I hope the same people are going to be around at the end of the season

Reactions: raycyrx
There is so much "i told you so" going on on this site after 3-4 games it's ridiculous. I hope the same people are going to be around at the end of the season

Same applies for you.

ND is better off WITHOUT Tommy Rees as OC. I stand by it.

Reactions: edub72
Same applies for you.

ND is better off WITHOUT Tommy Rees as OC. I stand by it.
Look through my 15+ year post history. If I did an "I told you so" for every time I was right and the board was wrong, i'd have an extra 5K posts on my account.

Look through my 15+ year post history. If I did an "I told you so" for every time I was right and the board was wrong, i'd have an extra 5K posts on my account.

I’m all for free speech regarding opinion posting, but you pissing all over the ND athletic department in the game thread last Saturday was completely out of line. You need to take some ownership as to why a lot of posters don’t like you or value your opinions. To you, they’re just trying to censor you or have their heads in the sand regarding real issues. That’s just a defense mechanism of yours though so you can justify to yourself what you’ve written. Multiple posters have no problem engaging in conversations regarding real issues. As a matter of fact, there’s been a lot of chatter about issues since the game last Saturday. Your problem is that if their opinion doesn’t match yours, they’re sunshine pumpers, they’re stupid, or as you put it on Saturday, “Letting Swarbrick piss on them while calling it rain.” Grow up already. My teenage kids have better conversation skills than you.

I know, I know. “I can block you at anytime “

Here’s the referenced post YOU made after complaining how bored you were watching the ND game:

Chase:

ND fans don't care about: crap watered down non competitive (not 1, not 2, but *3* non competitive gimmes) + the crap ACC slate
ND fans don't care about: crap watered down roster
ND fans don't care about: zero program upside
ND fans don't care about: being pissed on by jack swarbrick while he and his ND media cronies call it rain

does nobody have any standards as a fan and supporter of ND?

Last edited:
Reactions: futuredomer
Paul Finebaum has always been an anti-ND guy.

Finebaum states that the QB should be able to mask the deficiencies in the OLine ? ? ?
That had to be one of the dumbest football statements I’ve ever heard.

Now Finebaum knows more than Saban ? ? ?
TR was/is an average OC/QB coach

Reactions: IrishMike409
I’m all for free speech regarding opinion posting, but you pissing all over the ND athletic department in the game thread last Saturday was completely out of line. You need to take some ownership as to why a lot of posters don’t like you or value your opinions. To you, they’re just trying to censor you or have their heads in the sand regarding real issues. That’s just a defense mechanism of yours though so you can justify to yourself what you’ve written. Multiple posters have no problem engaging in conversations regarding real issues. As a matter of fact, there’s been a lot of chatter about issues since the game last Saturday. Your problem is that if their opinion doesn’t match yours, they’re sunshine pumpers, they’re stupid, or as you put it on Saturday, “Letting Swarbrick piss on them while calling it rain.” Grow up already. My teenage kids have better conversation skills than you.

I know, I know. “I can block you at anytime “
i'd prefer if we all just stopped discussing anything non ND football altogether

i'd prefer if everybody was a bit more open minded to contrasting opinions and if they disagreed took the time to provide a well articulated post with evidence to back up their point of view

i'd prefer if we respected other posters --even people we don't agree with-- as to make this a more welcoming place for people to contribute their ideas and to feel welcome to disagree with others

but there's just a lot of tribalism here and people who take any dialogue that isn't positive towards ND football as a personal attack onto themselves so they retaliate and make personal attacks on others

i dont post here to be liked, i post here to be educated on ND football to gain insight to spread ideas and discuss pressing matters regarding my favorite football team

Last edited:
TR was/is an average OC/QB coach

TR by now certainly has been shown to be learning on the job. It was dangerous at ND, more so at Alabama. He's 31. I'm no expert, but it seems to be young for an OC?

🤔

He's in a bad situation. Saban is older and past his best after a dynastic run. The Tide keep losing coaches and players as college football goes NIL and transfers.

It seems he has to be the fall guy if things go south. As others said, Saban's success buys him some mistakes. Tommy might be one of them.

As others warn, there is a whole season to go. But things don't look good for Tommy and Alabama. Of course it's ironic that at least now, things look good for ND...including Rees leaving.

i'd prefer if we all just stopped discussing anything non ND football altogether

i'd prefer if everybody was a bit more open minded to contrasting opinions and if they disagreed took the time to provide a well articulated post with evidence to back up their point of view

i'd prefer if we respected other posters --even people we don't agree with-- as to make this a more welcoming place for people to contribute their ideas and to feel welcome to disagree with others

but there's just a lot of tribalism here and people who take any dialogue that isn't positive towards ND football as a personal attack onto themselves so they retaliate and make personal attacks on others

Now look any your own posts and tell me that you do those things that you yourself wish for. You don’t. I wish you did, but you don’t

Now look any your own posts and tell me that you do those things that you yourself wish for. You don’t. I wish you did, but you don’t
I got half the forum here calling me an idiot everytime i publish a post .. i've lost my cool a time or two but 99% of my posts fall in line with exactly what i said

I got half the forum here calling me an idiot everytime i post .. i've lost my cool a time or two but 99% of my posts fall in line with exactly what i said

Bud, I want EVERYTHING you say YOU WANT in your post above. AT SOME POINT, we ALL have to grow up and hold ourselves accountable. I’m certainly no angel, but I’m trying to help make this a better place. Before you lose it next time and throw a stone, please stop and ask yourself if it makes this place any better for it.

I enjoy what you bring to the board. I honestly do. It gives me something to think about at times. Let’s keep all conversations above the belt going forward. Peace!

Reactions: chaseball

i dont post here to be liked, i post here to be educated on ND football to gain insight to spread ideas and discuss pressing matters regarding my favorite football team
Sounds like a you problem. You get back what you put out. You played the #1 role in your relationship/how you are viewed on here. If your internet alter ego is gonna be one of the self proclaimed best ND expert & your predictions fall flat your gonna hear about it.

He doesn’t seem to be able to evaluate and recruit QBs. He certainly can’t coach time to be better.
He’s going to working as a low paid offensive asssistant in the NFL or an OC at a lower level third tier school within 18 months.
I thought he gave us all he had at ND as a player but he should never have come back to ND as an OC so early.
Blame BK for hiring him.

Reactions: mirer03

You just don't get it. Just put a sock in it once in awhile.

I got half the forum here calling me an idiot everytime i publish a post .. i've lost my cool a time or two but 99% of my posts fall in line with exactly what i said
Unlike NotreDomer1, I don't enjoy what you bring to the board. That said, you do you, and you certainly do that.

The coaches there are asking their QBs to do things they aren’t capable of. Buchner and milroe don’t look capable of being drop back passers

Tommy Rees ran Brian Kelly's offense for three seasons, just like Mike Denbrock does the same at LSU. Brian Kelly was always the OC at Notre Dame, and it's the same at LSU.

The coaches there are asking their QBs to do things they aren’t capable of. Buchner and milroe don’t look capable of being drop back passers
Reminds me of Chip Long, after the 2018 game 1 win over Michigan, asking Brandon Wimbush to be Tom Brady--like and sit in the pocket.

Reactions: Fightingirish595
Wait till the LSU folks have to deal with Brian Kelly hiring him to coach QBs once bama lets him go....

Reminds me of Chip Long, after the 2018 game 1 win over Michigan, asking Brandon Wimbush to be Tom Brady--like and sit in the pocket.

That was terrible, wasn’t it? Brandon was an insanely talented runner, but he couldn’t hit an outlet pass to save his life at times. Wow, bad memories.

Then why did the best coach in college football hire him ?

It’s still too early to call it a complete disaster for Alabama, but it doesn’t take long in his profession to see what happens if it doesn’t change. Nobody’s infallible

You were claiming Buchner was going to ge a beast at Alabama, and that both Rees and Buchner went from driving a Toyota Scion to driving a Dodge Vyper. May be they did, but they are certainly showing they don't know how to drive it.

That was terrible, wasn’t it? Brandon was an insanely talented runner, but he couldn’t hit an outlet pass to save his life at times. Wow, bad memories.
Well, Michigan wishes Brandon Wimbush was more inaccurate to Chris Finke game 1-2018.

One of my favorite wins, as a home underdog, of recent memory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT