ADVERTISEMENT

"What Tommy Rees is doing is coaching malpractice"

Again, I watched Milroe against Texas. He isn't an accurate or even an average throwing Quarterback.
That's all fine and well

Regardless if you were a spectator or not, congrats you watched, he's still by far, by far, the best QB they have

That's all fine and well

Regardless if you were a spectator or not, congrats you watched, he's still by far, by far, the best QB they have
He does run around well. I will give him that.

That's all fine and well

And this Alabama OL is not a vintage Alabama OL.

You combine Milroe and a below par Alabama OL, well, we will see Saturday.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
And this Alabama OL is not a vintage Alabama OL.

You combine Milroe and a below par Alabama OL, well, we will see Saturday.
Milroe is a great athlete & actually throws a pretty nice deep ball. His problem against Texas was that he misread the defense on both ints. If he spends more time in the film room & gets more reps there is no reason he cant be a great college qb.

The proof is in the pudding !

If they were loaded with all of that NFL talent that you reference they would have beaten South Florida by five or more TD’s.

So tell us, WHY, with all of that NFL talent, did they barely beat an unranked South Florida team ?
I honestly cant tell if this is a troll attempt. Bama currently has 7 draft eligible players projected to go in the top 100 of the 2024 draft & 9 players are projected to be taken in the draft. This is not counting underclassmen not eligible for the draft. Im not sure you fully appreciate how sports works & that the most talented team doesnt always dominate. I mean in the 80's the Russian's had a super team of hockey players that won series vs NHL allstars yet lost to college kids in the Olympics.

Reactions: Golson5
I think it’s pretty clear at the moment that ND isn’t just better on offense because of Hartman but also because the loss of Rees. It’s the old addition by subtraction..

My friends (fellow Domers), four of us get together here in central OH to watch a few ND games per year. We noticed the difference in play calling week damn one.

I believe 8 or 9 different guys caught passes, there weren’t 10 TE targets, there were not multiple WR screens for no gain.

We all think the play calling has much more flow this season. There has been a great mix of short, intermediate, and long passes. There’s been timely throws to backs, WR receptions are far outpacing last season. All in all it’s looked much better.

I took a lot of $h!t over my repeated discontent with Rees, I know it’s early still but I feel like my thoughts on him have been validated.

I think it’s pretty clear at the moment that ND isn’t just better on offense because of Hartman but also because the loss of Rees. It’s the old addition by subtraction..

My friends (fellow Domers), four of us get together here in central OH to watch a few ND games per year. We noticed the difference in play calling week damn one.

I believe 8 or 9 different guys caught passes, there weren’t 10 TE targets, there were not multiple WR screens for no gain.

We all think the play calling has much more flow this season. There has been a great mix of short, intermediate, and long passes. There’s been timely throws to backs, WR receptions are far outpacing last season. All in all it’s looked much better.

I took a lot of $h!t over my repeated discontent with Rees, I know it’s early still but I feel like my thoughts on him have been validated.
Drew Pyne to a super experienced Sam Hartman, who played 4 seasons in the ACC, is the biggest difference. And a WR group that is a year older.

According to some SEC coaches, Alabama's Bryce Young helped cover up things on the team that were below average last year ... like OL play, receiving, etc. Now with him gone and QBs that aren't as talented it is beginning to show.

Reactions: francade
Young bailed bama out a lot last year. This week is a big one for how their season goes. I wouldn’t count them out but it doesn’t look great right now.

Alabama is 2-1 having lost only to # 3 Texas.

It may be premature to write them off.

‘’Ditto L.S.U !
Not writing them off just saying Saban is the one stabile fugure on the coaching staff reaping the rewards while up why wouldn't the reverse be true?

Young bailed bama out a lot last year. This week is a big one for how their season goes. I wouldn’t count them out but it doesn’t look great right now.
And Caleb Williams bails out USC a lot as well. So what.

What differences in play calling did you notice ?

What was ND’s W/L record when Rees was the OC at ND ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ndapolis1
“And Caleb Williams bails out USC a lot as well. So what.”

“So what”? Well, if you were reading the thread, I was responding to another post about SEC coaches claiming that young covered up some holes for bama. That’s not to say it doesn’t happen in other places, but when it happens to a program that has recruited so highly, it somewhat illustrates that maybe things aren’t on the same track they’ve been for bama. So I’m not sure why you brought up Caleb Williams and usc, they had nothing to do w/ what I was trying to say. Don’t you remember the classes bama has had recently? You should, you cited them as a reason why bama won’t fall. That team shouldn’t need a qb to bail them out as much as young did last year, get it now?

Well, Michigan wishes Brandon Wimbush was more inaccurate to Chris Finke game 1-2018.

One of my favorite wins, as a home underdog, of recent memory.
One of my favorite wins too. Awesome game. A ton of fun to watch.

Shea Patterson was exposed for being overrated.

Look through my 15+ year post history. If I did an "I told you so" for every time I was right and the board was wrong, i'd have an extra 5K posts on my account.
You think very highly of yourself. Not sure why because you are stupid.

How, exactly, did Saban make a mistake ?

Three games into the season, with one game played in adverse condition, what should Rees have done differently ? Please provide detailed specifics !
Thanks
They see the practices. Benching, who was by all accounts the clear leader risks losing the team, which based on accounts started to happen. The only thing this achieved is hurting the culture, destroying buchners confidence and taking reps from your starter.

There is zero positives.

Bama for a while was not star quarterback dependent and would run the ball down throats and play great defense. Won them a lot of titles. But their run game complemented their pass game. Rees ran the ball 40 plus times last game but somehow his run game doesn’t seem to complement his pass game. That’s the difference. He’s not finding the opportunities to hit his shots, and when he does, the defense expects it.

Bama for a while was not star quarterback dependent and would run the ball down throats and play great defense. Won them a lot of titles. But their run game complemented their pass game. Rees ran the ball 40 plus times last game but somehow his run game doesn’t seem to complement his pass game. That’s the difference. He’s not finding the opportunities to hit his shots, and when he does, the defense expects it.
Maybe ....just maybe this team isn't as good as the past teams on the o line, rd, qb, postion

Last edited:
Gutsy call by Tommy Rees to pass the football late in the game on third down and win at TAM. Good for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Ndapolis1
QB from Bama is definitely getting better .

Not there yet but he's improving no doubt about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT