ADVERTISEMENT

What time does Meadows announce?

When Derek Meadowns plays like the 2nd coming of Calvin Johnson.....I'll feel bad about this.

It'll be 26 months before Meadows sees the field. Good luck to him.

We'll be fine at WR.

LSU and Notre Dame could not be more different. You either want one cultural vibe or the other cultural vibe.

I agree. Good luck to the kid.
I can see that. And that our HCs are backwards. I don't know any odder cultural fit then Brian Kelly in the bayou.

Reactions: BGI User 756
LSU and Notre Dame could not be more different. You either want one cultural vibe or the other cultural vibe.

I agree. Good luck to the kid.

I doubt it came down to a choice of one cultural vibe over another. And from what I have read about Meadows, he doesn't strike me as a "bayou" kind of kid. Rather, I think this was all about the fact that LSU has had multiple WRs go as 1st round NFL picks, and ND--let's be honest--has a pretty dismal record with putting WR's into the NFL. Meadows made a business decision: where am I most likely to be developed into an NFL receiver? You can bet ND's poor track record with the WR position was used by Kelly to convince Meadows to come to LSU, which of course drips with irony since Kelly's fingerprints are all over that poor track record.

As the story on the main page delves into, ND has simply not been a place that is going to attract high caliber talent at the WR position. With Ian Book, Jack Coan and most recently Sam Hartmann, our passing game has mostly been of the dink and dunk variety, because we have lacked an elite QB and our offensive scheme has not involved throwing the ball down the field. That can change with the influx of talent we have coming at the QB position, and with Denbrock hopefully replicating some of the success he had at LSU. To me it will be interesting to see what Kelly does with all that talent he has coming in at LSU now that he has lost his OC. I wasn't impressed with the job Kelly did with developing the WR position at ND, but maybe he has some new found mojo. I guess we will see.

Until recruits begin to look at ND as a destination where they can develop into an NFL WR, I suspect we will continue to experience these kinds of disappointments. This will be an important year for us.

And in the final analysis, it is hard to get too worked up over this development. We all hoped that Jordan Johnson, CJ Williams, Amorion Walker or Tobias Merriweather were going to be the next Megatron, but those hopes were dashed, as they often are in the recruiting game.

I doubt it came down to a choice of one cultural vibe over another. And from what I have read about Meadows, he doesn't strike me as a "bayou" kind of kid. Rather, I think this was all about the fact that LSU has had multiple WRs go as 1st round NFL picks, and ND--let's be honest--has a pretty dismal record with putting WR's into the NFL. Meadows made a business decision: where am I most likely to be developed into an NFL receiver? You can bet ND's poor track record with the WR position was used by Kelly to convince Meadows to come to LSU, which of course drips with irony since Kelly's fingerprints are all over that poor track record.

As the story on the main page delves into, ND has simply not been a place that is going to attract high caliber talent at the WR position. With Ian Book, Jack Coan and most recently Sam Hartmann, our passing game has mostly been of the dink and dunk variety, because we have lacked an elite QB and our offensive scheme has not involved throwing the ball down the field. That can change with the influx of talent we have coming at the QB position, and with Denbrock hopefully replicating some of the success he had at LSU. To me it will be interesting to see what Kelly does with all that talent he has coming in at LSU now that he has lost his OC. I wasn't impressed with the job Kelly did with developing the WR position at ND, but maybe he has some new found mojo. I guess we will see.

Until recruits begin to look at ND as a destination where they can develop into an NFL WR, I suspect we will continue to experience these kinds of disappointments. This will be an important year for us.

And in the final analysis, it is hard to get too worked up over this development. We all hoped that Jordan Johnson, CJ Williams, Amorion Walker or Tobias Merriweather were going to be the next Megatron, but those hopes were dashed, as they often are in the recruiting game.
Yet, CJ Carr and Deuce Knight, two premiere QB signings, are at Notre Dame when Notre Dame has experienced little recent QB success in the NFL.

Either you want Notre Dame, or you don’t.

Yet, CJ Carr and Deuce Knight, two premiere QB signings, are at Notre Dame when Notre Dame has experienced little recent QB success in the NFL.

Either you want Notre Dame, or you don’t.
True, but I think it is different with the QB position. Despite not having much recent success with the QB position in the NFL, IMO ND still has enough cachet that if a QB comes to ND and shines, he will likely be in the conversation for the Heisman Trophy.

True, but I think it is different with the QB position. Despite not having much recent success with the QB position in the NFL, IMO ND still has enough cachet that if a QB comes to ND and shines, he will likely be in the conversation for the Heisman Trophy.
Oh, Of course.

You guys do realize that Notre Dame and LSU are both considered top 12/playoff destined teams correct?

LSU is going to be a gatekeeper to any chance at a national title for Notre Dame.

Why in the world is it ok to keep losing key prospects at key positions of need to teams we have to defeat in order to win a national title?

What do you think this means for Notre Dame when they face LSU in a head to head match up and LSUs #4 and #5 WRs are better than NDs best 2 WRs?

You can't just keep shrugging your shoulders and moving on as if everything is ok. If you are Notre Dame you got to find a way to close this kid no excuses. People should be losing their jobs over this.

• Haha
Reactions: ZibbyQuinn
You guys do realize that Notre Dame and LSU are both considered top 12/playoff destined teams correct?

LSU is going to be a gatekeeper to any chance at a national title for Notre Dame.

Why in the world is it ok to keep losing key prospects at key positions of need to teams we have to defeat in order to win a national title?

What do you think this means for Notre Dame when they face LSU in a head to head match up and LSUs #4 and #5 WRs are better than NDs best 2 WRs?

You can't just keep shrugging your shoulders and moving on as if everything is ok. If you are Notre Dame you got to find a way to close this kid no excuses. People should be losing their jobs over this.
Fire the OC ND just pulled away from LSU 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
What are the chances Faison has a better college career than Meadows?

It's 50/50.

We can find WRs. I'm not concerned here.

Reactions: NDinNJ

And here it is---the guy who year after year blasted Brian Kelly at ND is now, wait for it, praising the team Brian Kelly has put together at LSU. Beyond idiotic.

And here it is---the guy who year after year blasted Brian Kelly at ND is now, wait for it, praising the team Brian Kelly has put together at LSU. Beyond idiotic.
It's almost like ND was the problem and not Brian Kelly. Look at LSUs 2025 class (they secured three 5-star commits) just beat ND out for a top 100 WR in Meadows, and sitting with a projected top 5 class in the country including the #1 QB prospect in the nation.

This will easily be the best collection of talent BK has ever recruited in a single class in his career including the 11 seasons he was at Notre Dame. You add BKs ability to really maximize his talent, and LSU is shaping to be one of the best teams in one of the best conferences in the country over the next several seasons. What is Notre Dame's response? A MAC WR transfer? an ACC QB not good enough to be drafted in the NFL? a 5th year edge from Buffalo?

smh

Last edited:
It's almost like ND was the problem and not Brian Kelly. Look at LSUs 2025 class (they secured three 5-star commits) just beat ND out for a top 100 WR in Meadows, and sitting with a projected top 5 class in the country including the #1 QB prospect in the nation.

This will easily be the best collection of talent BK has ever recruited in a single class in his career including the 11 seasons he was at Notre Dame.

You're a damn hypocrite. You posted many, many times on this board that ND should fire Kelly and that ANYONE would be better than Kelly. And here you are saying how great Kelly is. You suck as an ND fan.

You're a damn hypocrite. You posted many, many times on this board that ND should fire Kelly and that ANYONE would be better than Kelly. And here you are saying how great Kelly is. You suck as an ND fan.
I've said this before and i'll say it again: At the time, I thought BK was the reason ND couldn't recruit, but always praised his player development. I've since learned that the reason ND couldn't recruit under BK is because of decisions made that go above his pay grade (and decisions ND is still making to this day under the new regime)

I've said this before and i'll say it again: At the time, I thought BK was the reason ND couldn't recruit, but always praised his player development. I've since learned that the reason ND can't recruit is because of naive admins like Jack Swarbrick and Father Jenkins and it's still continuing to this day under the new regime.

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Hypocrite.

How many more losses on the recruiting trail is it going to take, how many 10-15th ranked recruiting classes is it going to take, how many more uncompetitive games vs elite teams is it going to take, how many more national championship less seasons is it going to take before Notre Dame makes the kind of changes necessary, provides the resources necessary, etc. to stop getting ran over on the recruiting trail? To stop being a laughing stock in terms of the 85 man roster they are putting together?

It's like we're an NFL organization that has conceded the first 2-3 rounds of the draft "we dont need any top draft picks in our organization" and then we turn around and do a bunch of marketing/PR to convince our fans we're competing for a superbowl.

WHAT IS NOTRE DAMES RESPONSE TO ALL OF THE Ls THEY TAKE YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR ?

Shrug shoulders and business as usual next year putting us another 3 seasons behind?

We're running out of years and/or decades we're going to be alive

Last edited:
He just sucks

I've said this before and i'll say it again: At the time, I thought BK was the reason ND couldn't recruit, but always praised his player development. I've since learned that the reason ND couldn't recruit under BK is because of decisions made that go above his pay grade (and decisions ND is still making to this day under the new regime)
And it will be dismissed again. Freeman has improved the talent level top to bottom better than BK ever did.

And hey, Kelly already lost the #1 WR recruit 6 weeks ago…didn’t see you come to the board to announce it. Kelly seems to be following the Lincoln Riley recruiting playbook

Reactions: tbonesays
How many more losses on the recruiting trail is it going to take, how many 10-15th ranked recruiting classes is it going to take, how many more uncompetitive games vs elite teams is it going to take, how many more national championship less seasons is it going to take before Notre Dame makes the kind of changes necessary, provides the resources necessary, etc. to stop getting ran over on the recruiting trail? To stop being a laughing stock in terms of the 85 man roster they are putting together?

WHAT IS NOTRE DAMES RESPONSE TO ALL OF THE Ls THEY TAKE YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR ?

Shrug shoulders and business as usual next year putting us another 3 seasons behind?

We're running out of years and/or decades we're going to be alive
Stop following Notre Dame. Notre Dame is never going to live up to your expectations. You constantly criticize the school. You constantly criticize the administration. You constantly criticize the head coach. You constantly criticize the coaching staff. You constantly criticize the recruiting. You constantly criticize the players.
Notre Dame does not need your kind of crap. Go follow UGA. Go follow Bama. Go follow Ohio St. Go follow Oregon. Notre Dame, and this board, will be better off without you.

And it will be dismissed again. Freeman has improved the talent level top to bottom better than BK ever did.

And hey, Kelly already lost the #1 WR recruit 6 weeks ago…didn’t see you come to the board to announce it. Kelly seems to be following the Lincoln Riley recruiting playbook
No he has not. THAT IS THE PR/NARRATIVE i was talking about that is miles apart from reality.

Am i the only god damn notre dame fan in existence that can see the wolf tickets notre dame is selling? Is nobody else aware of all of the talent/recruiting/prospect databases that go back 20+ years now? Ive linked to them and have provided the evidence a million times. NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE ANY INTELLECTUAL INTEGRITY OR GIVE A FLYING F AT ALL !?!

ITS SO GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING

No he has not. THAT IS THE PR/NARRATIVE i was talking about that is miles apart from reality.

Am i the only god damn notre dame fan in existence that can see the wolf tickets notre dame is selling? Is nobody else aware of all of the talent/recruiting/prospect databases that go back 20+ years now? Ive linked to them and have provided the evidence a million times. NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE ANY INTELLECTUAL INTEGRITY OR GIVE A FLYING F AT ALL !?!

Once again, you show that you know less about college football than any other poster on this board. Just clueless.

Talent has been upgraded that part is obvious

Reactions: IrishMike409
you are a moron. I can recruit better than Kelly at LSU. With all that talent he is accumulating, he's still going to come short of a national championship, because he's just not an elite coach. He will be fired by LSU within 3 years, i'll put money on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT