ADVERTISEMENT

What Gives??

mmboys07

All Star
Oct 3, 2004
Ok; lacking the tech sophistication to watch the Notre Dame game yesterday I watched a selection of other games. Tuned in parts of
Iowa/Penn State; Michigan/Nebraska; and a few other lessor games. One thing really stuck out: The home field stadiums were packed with the home fans. I didn't see sections set aside for the visiting teams and their fans. Maybe they existed, but they were likely very small. Even on TV the crowd noise was deafening, impacting the visiting team. What the H is going on at Notre Dame?? Thinking back to the C game at least 1/3 of the stadium seemed to be filled with C fans. Is the ND brand losing its allure? ND fans are not traveling well to SB to see games? ND fans in general are just too darn polite and reserved now? The student body just isn't into it as much? Am I wrong in my assessment??

Ok; lacking the tech sophistication to watch the Notre Dame game yesterday I watched a selection of other games. Tuned in parts of
Iowa/Penn State; Michigan/Nebraska; and a few other lessor games. One thing really stuck out: The home field stadiums were packed with the home fans. I didn't see sections set aside for the visiting teams and their fans. Maybe they existed, but they were likely very small. Even on TV the crowd noise was deafening, impacting the visiting team. What the H is going on at Notre Dame?? Thinking back to the C game at least 1/3 of the stadium seemed to be filled with C fans. Is the ND brand losing its allure? ND fans are not traveling well to SB to see games? ND fans in general are just too darn polite and reserved now? The student body just isn't into it as much? Am I wrong in my assessment??
You think the fact that visiting team fans, especially the ones coming to ND for the first time, buy up thousands of tickets on the secondary market, at often crazy prices, means we are losing our allure? Really? I would say we will be losing our allure when visiting team fans don’t think playing at ND is anything special or notable. And we seem to be far from that right now.

I just checked the ND ticket office website. Tickets are still available for all remaining home games. While there is a limit of six tickets for USC, there is not limit posted for the other games, which suggests that you can buy as many as you want. Cheapest ticket I could find for USC was $175 per, while the other games still have tickets for $50-60.
It used to be that you could buy tickets cheaply from scalpers around the stadium but one poster (Irishforlife88?) says you can no longer do that, as a result of the new mobile ticket policy. So rather than people buying cheap tickets, the seats are now vacant.

How's the student ticket policy compare to most other comparable teams? Increase their allotment

ND is just different than everyone else. Smaller student body, national fan base, more academic, and catholic. it is what it is.

Reactions: IrishHerb
Notre Dame's base is a religion, not a political province. Our religion is declining and the children are not as invested in the football team just like the church of their fathers.

Amid that decline Notre Dame has made attending a football game a far less meaningful experience and more of a controlled production

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT