ADVERTISEMENT

What are people's expectation for QB play in the bowl game ?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
We already know the WRs on the team have really struggled all season and now Mayer will be absent. Plus Buchner will be playing cold after a really poor performance vs Marshall. Just wondering what the expectations are of the QB play vs South Carolina?

Hoping for best but given the track record Tyler Buchner would probably turn the ball over twice.. Either 2 picks or a pick and fumble..

I’m not worried about Buchner’s rust, at this point both teams have been sitting 20/30 days. USC East was a streaking team at the end of the year demolishing Rocky Top and Clemson. But after the layoff this is basically a one game season, factor in teams losing players to the draft it’s a crapshoot.

Reactions: notredamerises23
We already know the WRs on the team have really struggled all season and now Mayer will be absent. Plus Buchner will be playing cold after a really poor performance vs Marshall. Just wondering what the expectations are of the QB play vs South Carolina?
Multiple like 3-4 TD passes. A coming out party for Buchner I expect Angeli to be in by end of Q3

Reactions: Telx1 and tbone3114
I’m not worried about Buchner’s rust, at this point both teams have been sitting 20/30 days. USC East was a streaking team at the end of the year demolishing Rocky Top and Clemson. But after the layoff this is basically a one game season, factor in teams losing players to the draft it’s a crapshoot.
This. Also, the team seems pretty confident in Buchner. I think we see more of the dominant run game with the added dimension of TB running. I’m not sure what to expect out of the passing game.

Buchner will go as Tommy Rees goes in regards to play calling. When Pyne was on he had easy throws mixed in with pound the rock. This should be the same formula along with stretching the middle of the field.

I think if he throws for anything less than 400 yards and five TDs, his scholarship should be pulled.

Last edited:
I just hope he doesn't re-injure his collar bone. I'd rather go with Angeli, if there's any thought at all that TB is not all the way healed up, and could still be more susceptible to injury than normal.....

Buchner can make throws Pyne simply can't. I expect a similar game plan around running with the rbs, but a much more diverse passing attack when we do throw. Buchner can throw field and boundary deep balls and I expect him to throw a bunch up in the air. The wrs need to be ready to make plays and not be asleep like Marshall.

I would give Angeli a good shot. In any case, there will quarterback competition in the spring and fall.

I think if he throws for anything less than 400 yards and five CDs, his scholarship should be pulled.
Additionally, he should run for 200 yards, put up three successful drop kicks, and play both sides of the ball and get at least three interceptions while on D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT