ADVERTISEMENT

What 2nd or 3rd stringer do you feel will get some positive plays against 'Cuse ?

Tru2Irish

ND Expert
Aug 2, 2013
I'm hoping for a Jordan Johnson catching the pass and taking it to the house.On D side, I'd like to see a Rutherford interception.

Reactions: Zorich 88
I would like to see Clark get some meaningful minutes instead of handing the ball off three straight times. What would it hurt to give him a series in the second quarter. The way Book runs the ball Clark is just one play away from starting with no meaningful minutes.

Yea, he needs some serious minutes. However, I feel like Pyne is further along than we think. The few games that back ups got time in, they rotated both QB’s which makes me think that Clark isn’t the clear leader. Might be over analyzing but it seems strange.

I believe the Irish will be the first to use a female long snapper !! Someone from the ND womans soccer team !! The Goalie !

I meant longsnapping ! I believe " Big Shirley" from "Whats happening" was a longsnapper for Alcorn State and she also was the nosetackle. She went both ways ! But she didn't play ball for the novelty of it ! She was a true Baller !
You’re the best, Bodi.

Call me old school but the worst thing IMO you can ever do is underestimate your opponent and this kind of thread does exactly that.

I hope we play to the Standard we've created and keep the opponent faceless. It's about us not about them.

Now if we can get a big lead and put in some backups naturally you want to see the QB's but the reality is we aren't going to throw it much so what do take from it ?

I would like to see Cam Hart at CB , Carroll and Dirksen on the OL along with Bauman at TE , Ademiola at DE and Griffith at Safety.

I understand the need to get backups in, especially at QB..... but I am slightly worried about that strategy as you want the engine to be well oiled and running as good as it can all the way through the finish line.

I understand its a tough and gray line to walk though.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
The back-up QB. Let’s keep Book 💯 for Wake and the CCG.

. You don't rest your starting QB before the Clemson game and the playoffs--- Is Clemson going to rest Lawrence? Is Alabama going to rest Mac Jones?
Hell no ! There is a thing called CHEMISTRY and the Irish are just starting to develop that with the receivers and BOOK.

Rest Book when you are up by 40 in the second half. Just like Clemson does with Lawrence. I hope that is what you meant

*** You definately should rest the banged up players against CUSE and maybe rest K. Williams more .

Reactions: nemeth#5
Who said anything about rest. Clark in for a series or two is not going to hurt anything. .
I have a feeling wake will put up a fight.

I never underestimate an opponent. I mean if Book is in and the game is out of reach for "Cuse then play Clark for experience' sake. Plus it is not going to hurt to allow some D and O rest after 2 and a half quarters. Let young guys get playing time to experience gameday play instead of practice squad. Nothing wrong with wanting JJ to be productive as well as others. ND will still remain a well- oiled machine. Just be more rested for WF. I see the score as ND 55- Cuse 10. That is realistic. I hope to see Quinn Carroll in a lot. Especially if Lugg is hurting. Maybe even a Carmody sighting.

It is senior day as well correct? So I think it is safe to say a lot of seniors should get some meaningful PT. Especially since we opened up at 33.5 point favorites.

Who said anything about rest. Clark in for a series or two is not going to hurt anything. .
I have a feeling wake will put up a fight.

I have said all along--the only good teams in the ACC are Notre Dame, Clemson, and Miami. All the rest are average to below average to horrible. Wake Forest gave up 58 points to NC. Who cares if they put up a fight? They will still be physically destroyed and lose.

. You don't rest your starting QB before the Clemson game and the playoffs--- Is Clemson going to rest Lawrence? Is Alabama going to rest Mac Jones?
Hell no ! There is a thing called CHEMISTRY and the Irish are just starting to develop that with the receivers and BOOK.

Rest Book when you are up by 40 in the second half. Just like Clemson does with Lawrence. I hope that is what you meant

*** You definately should rest the banged up players against CUSE and maybe rest K. Williams more .
Yes their backups get reps all the time. Lawrence was out by the 4th against pitt. Its what great teams do. Dominate, then build the depth of your team. What gear programs do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT