ADVERTISEMENT

Well -- looks like it is official

It’s all good. I have nothing against TR at all. He played and coached for ND. He is a true ND man and a great representative for ND. I think it’s a great opportunity to learn from the best coach in the last generation. Somewhere down the road he will be a head coach. Maybe he will end up back at ND. Only time will tell. I hope he is very successful. Best of luck to him and to whom ever takes his place , a new era begins and hopefully lots of success for the Irish.

Good luck to him, although I won't be rooting for him. I usually root against Alabama.

Hopefully we can find a good replacement.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Awesome! I have nothing against Tommy Rees, he's a major figure in recent ND history, both as a player and coach. Couldn't be more intimately tied to the BK era, and all the success of this BK's post-2016 nadir. And he was a good OC for us, without doubt....

But now let's begin the MF era in earnest!

Reactions: notredamerises23
What I don't get is... why did he leave for Bama, but not LSU?
It's kind of a slap in the face to Kelly, when you think about it. However, like I said before, I think he's doing this for his resume. Working for Saban would be good for that.

It is a smart move. Alabama is 1000% committed to winning National Championships and has one of the greatest coaches in college football history.

ND on the other hand, is not fully committed to winning a National Title, and has a 2nd year Head Coach, still learning how to become be a Head Coach.

This is about as close to a no brainer, as Kelly leaving ND for LSU.

Reactions: notredamerises23
To me personally this is last straw, couldn’t stand him as player, or coach(more so developer than Xs and Os), just when it looked like he figured out how to recruit he leaves for same position elsewhere….he would have to become an insanely good coach to welcome him back as a HC

It's kind of a slap in the face to Kelly, when you think about it. However, like I said before, I think he's doing this for his resume. Working for Saban would be good for that.
It's not a slap in the face to BK. There's no disrespect and loss of face to BK that can be gleaned from this series of events that can gloated over and passed around by BK-hating ND fans. But it's noted that you immediately gravitated towards such an idea.....

To me personally this is last straw, couldn’t stand him as player, or coach(more so developer than Xs and Os), just when it looked like he figured out how to recruit he leaves for same position elsewhere….he would have to become an insanely good coach to welcome him back as a HC
Unbunch your panties....great step up for him.

Well, if was personal and important to you, I am sure everyone is breathing a huge sigh of relief that he is gone. Said no one ever.

Hartline would never leave OSU for the same job at Bama. Something is not right with ND.
Alabama contends or wins a National Championship every year and is being coached by one of the greatest college football head coaches in history. ND hasn't won a thing in 34 years and is coached by a 2nd year coach who went 8-4 last year. This is not exactly a brain buster.

If someone likes you doesn't approve of a person, that doesn't hurt that persons feelings. It just reinforces in their minds that they're doing things right.

Anyway......ND better do something really good really soon as they're quickly approaching "stepping stone" status. If they're not even already there.

Alabama contends or wins a National Championship every year and is being coached by one of the greatest college football head coaches in history. ND hasn't won a thing in 34 years and is coached by a 2nd year coach who went 8-4 last year. This is not exactly a brain buster.
So why did we hire a coach to lead us to 8-4? There’s the issue.

For just a moment I thought you were leaving this forum and I almost threw a party

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT