ADVERTISEMENT

Watched

mmboys07

All Star
Oct 3, 2004
Watched LSU & Alabama last night. The Irish are not even close with this years team. I know they beat LSU a couple of years ago. I get that, but the Irish have regressed and are not even close to being competitive with Alabama. The Alabama linebackers were close to the line of scrimmage all night, because they knew they were covered on the back end. If you watch video of Ara's teams you will see the same thing; LBs always in tight, with great coverage on the back end. I think, more than anything, there is a problem with player development at ND, and placing players in the best position suited for their physical and mental capabilities.

Watched LSU & Alabama last night. The Irish are not even close with this years team. I know they beat LSU a couple of years ago. I get that, but the Irish have regressed and are not even close to being competitive with Alabama. The Alabama linebackers were close to the line of scrimmage all night, because they knew they were covered on the back end. If you watch video of Ara's teams you will see the same thing; LBs always in tight, with great coverage on the back end. I think, more than anything, there is a problem with player development at ND, and placing players in the best position suited for their physical and mental capabilities.

ND wasn't any closer to Alabama in 2012.

Reactions: perseverare
carpe diem

at the end of the '12 regular season ND could have attacked recruiting on the heels of an undefeated season, but Kelly did a banquette awards tour with TE'O and his imaginary GF.
After the NC fiasco Kelly was revealed to have been distracted by NFL overtures, then took off after the game, out of sight while recruiting went in the toilet! He left everyone in a lurch. Opportunities lost!
Sheer arrogance.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
carpe diem

at the end of the '12 regular season ND could have attacked recruiting on the heels of an undefeated season, but Kelly did a banquette awards tour with TE'O and his imaginary GF.
After the NC fiasco Kelly was revealed to have been distracted by NFL overtures, then took off after the game, out of sight while recruiting went in the toilet! He left everyone in a lurch. Opportunities lost!
Sheer arrogance.
I have always thought he should have fired on the spot. He clearly spent more time looking for an NFL job rather than preparing the team for the game. Then going dark for a week or so should not have been tolerated.

Well. He left Cincy abruptly when they were undefeated and he missed their biggest game of the season to come to ND. That was a major red flag right there.

Reactions: end_23
Well. He left Cincy abruptly when they were undefeated and he missed their biggest game of the season to come to ND. That was a major red flag right there.

I think that was Cincinnati's call, not Kelly's. Not that that makes him a good coach.

Reactions: Kelso86

When Kelly was named ND's coach, Cincinnati made their move and told him to go -- Kelly wanted to stay and got to the bowl game, but they said no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT