ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the game again

keegan0615

Posts Like A Champion
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2008
First off I will say that the worst walkon on Notre Dame is 100 times better than I ever hoped to be. I also will say that I don't like or enjoy coming on here and saying critical things about Notre Dame players so I am truly not trying to be critical.

God help us if JD Bertand gets hurt, that kid is a lion, a warrior and we are so lucky to have that kids toughness and mentality. When the D goes into a 3 man front I love it when Foskey moves to OLB spot, he is a disruptive force and a real talent. Despite the criticism of our LB's, I love Drew, Bo and Jack and I will steal this from Starkey that when Jordon comes off his 4 game suspension he will be a HUGE upgrade to our talent level at LB. Our DB's are average and or DL's are better than I thought they were.

I love Freemans aggressive style of play and when he gets the right personnel it will be an amazing D, we are just not there yet with the guys we have.

The left side of our OL is in really tough shape and Williams is going to get killed having to stay in and help out Tosh which takes Williams out of the passing game. Both Tosh and Zeke really really struggled with pass blocking, in fact I don't know how it could regress any more but when we play teams with even better talent on the DL or QB is screwed.

Lenzy, Austin and Mayer are absolute studs and we should be so thankful for Jack Coan. Tyler is a great change of pace and with all the good that he brought, he did make some bad reads on the option and his great numbers would have and should have been even better. Unless we change the offensive mindset, the backside DL/DE catching our backs each and every time will not change. It was like watching UGA's defense on those plays, imagine what it will be like when we do play a team like that.

This team right now seem like they are making many execution and mental errors. I'm not good enough to know if it is coaching or a personnel issue, but I do think that we will continue to improve and I hope that we do see some improvement against Purdue. I still feel like we can be a 10-2. 11-2 as easy as a 8-4 team. Some teams that we play that we thought would be tough may not be as tough, UNC, USC, but man did VTECH look good not sure about whisky game I think that both ND and whisky are facing some of the same issues.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News