ADVERTISEMENT

V Tech this year, Miami last year

GoldCountryND

Irish Expert
Sep 8, 2018
Some similarities to say the least. Gotta believe the Irish recall last years fiasco in Miami and are ready to go this year. I don’t see them being phased one bit by the scene. Execute boys and you will leave there w a W. Go Irish

Reactions: IrishMike409
Miami last year was undefeated, looking to make a name for themselves, riding a wave of momentum with a really good new coach and a lot of young talent at the skill positions. Virginia Tech is a good but not great team with limited skill position talent who lost to Old Dominion two weeks ago and has lost their starting QB. Its an important game but not a lot in common between the two teams.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Some similarities to say the least. Gotta believe the Irish recall last years fiasco in Miami and are ready to go this year. I don’t see them being phased one bit by the scene. Execute boys and you will leave there w a W. Go Irish

Hopefully you’re right, but I need to see it to believe it, at least once. (Ok twice.OK in 12)

No chance of the dear in the headlights effect at VT. BK and staff had the team perfectly prepared for Stanford and have their pulse on the team right now. I expect a tough game but believe the Irish continue the growth of Offense & our D is clicking.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Momentum and crowd noise play a big part in games and make a predictable game unpredictable. VT has their share of 4 stars on their roster. I personally would like to see Wimbush get in the game with some designed running plays. The VT defense will be coming after Book. The offense will have to instill its will and hope our D hangs in there.

Miami didn’t lose to Old Dominion last year...
I don't see previous games as a factor, each game is independent of an another. the ODU loss is as much of a factor as a 5 point win against Vandy and a one score win against Ball St @ home.

I, for one, hope they remember how shell shocked they were in Miami last year and know the feeling. VA Tech is an intimidating place, no doubt, but, Miami, that night, was something else. I think ND was ready for that hostile environment to a degree, but were over-whelmed at how loud it was there -- and that was through a TV screen -- I can only how loud it was in person.

That said -- there should be lessons learned from that and can be used Saturday night.

Make no mistake, bud foster will attack our left guard and try to confuse him. I think it’s wise to keep Weisher or Wright in to block a ton.

Reactions: hoopsstar12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT