ADVERTISEMENT

USC

USC confounds me. They have everything needed to be elite. Riley is blowing it big time and really has no excuse.

Even with the resources and commitment, it isn't easy building an elite program.

Reactions: edub72
USC confounds me. They have everything needed to be elite. Riley is blowing it big time and really has no excuse.

Even with the resources and commitment, it isn't easy building an elite program.
SC just keeps doing the same thing over and over. Hiring these genius offensive coordinators with an emphasis on QBs and skill players, while ignoring defense, special teams, and most importantly the line of scrimmage. They should hire Weis next.

They're just not very good. They have a mediocre defense, and their offense isn't that great, either. Losing 2 DL recently who decided to quit for the season and redshirt didn't help, either.

Reactions: BGI User 756
SC just keeps doing the same thing over and over. Hiring these genius offensive coordinators with an emphasis on QBs and skill players, while ignoring defense, special teams, and most importantly the line of scrimmage. They should hire Weis next.
Even Weis recruited some good linemen; usc does not even seem to try

Actually they don’t from a roster standpoint

They're in just about the richest in HS talent area in the country. You'd think they would be a #1 target for the recruits.
I would say they are. But the problem is CA is not producing top notch lineman. Just did a quick look at 247. In total out of the groups of edge, DL, IOL, and OT only 3 recruits are in the top 15 of those position groups are from CA and one of them is committed to SC. CA is a great state for QBs and skill players. Overwhelming, the best lineman are in the south these days. Thus, they have talented playmakers but weak at the LOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
I would say they are. But the problem is CA is not producing top notch lineman. Just did a quick look at 247. In total out of the groups of edge, DL, IOL, and OT only 3 recruits are in the top 15 of those position groups are from CA and one of them is committed to SC. CA is a great state for QBs and skill players. Overwhelming, the best lineman are in the south these days. Thus, they have talented playmakers but weak at the LOS.
I’ll just bump this

Reactions: banmate6
Lol! Dude I coach at a school in the top20 in the state. Catholic school.We have no legit P4 linemen. Nobody we play has a guy who is considered a biggtime OL. There are some DL guys we’ve faced who are
fringe. Yes there are some D1 guys but not BIG time schools. CA used to have dozens. It’s becoming a futbol state. SC is recruiting the Midwest and south for linemen more often than ever

USC has lost 4 games by a total of 14 points, three of them road games.

If posters believe Notre Dame winning at USC will be easy, they are mistaken.

Personally, I wanted SC to be undefeated or at least 10-1 when ND faced them. I want them to be highly ranked so a win is a huge boost for ND and close loss at the coliseum wouldn’t hurt much.

Personally, I wanted SC to be undefeated or at least 10-1 when ND faced them. I want them to be highly ranked so a win is a huge boost for ND and close loss at the coliseum wouldn’t hurt much.
Personally, I hope USC loses every game they play. Same with Michigan.

3 guys for 4 positions? No. There are 40 million people here.

Per capita isn't as relevant given the absolute #'s I see.

Providing 3 out of 15 top linemen CA seems pretty good.

USC might try to get those 3, which would be a coup.

USC might try to get those 3, which would be

USC might try to get those 3, which would be a coup.
My guess- they won’t get any of them when it’s all said and done. They’re 3-4.

Reactions: banmate6
4 losses in Big 10 so far; wonder if fans still happy about changing conferences.
Three trips east to Big Ten country and THREE LOSSES. Traveling east two or three time zones is tough on the body. You lose hours rather than gain them.

Had they played LSU in Baton Rouge, they might have lost there as well.

Still, they're always tough in L.A. which is where ND will play them.

Three trips east to Big Ten country and THREE LOSSES. Traveling east two or three time zones is tough on the body. You lose hours rather than gain them.

That is damning. But they wanted that Big Ten dinero. Apparently Oregon's not as bothered by it. Maybe they fly by private jet.

They definitely would have lost to LSU in Death Valley. Not THE Death Valley, but Tiger Stadium....

USC has lost 4 games by a total of 14 points, three of them road games.

If posters believe Notre Dame winning at USC will be easy, they are mistaken.
dude, you are a joke. Losing four games is losing four games no matter what your excuses.

THAT IS BS.
Teams handle travel very easily these days
cannot believe the idiotic excuses some here are coming up with

Most of their games are at home the rest of the way. And they'll still be dangerous. Mediocre USC teams usually are, especially when playing at home against ND in the season finale.

And as someone pointed out in another thread -- and I would add regardless of what their record is -- USC will be ND's first playoff game, should ND keep winning up till that point. I see it as almost the equivalent of a wild card game in baseball to get into the playoffs.

USC's strength is their QB's arm and about SIX or so QUALITY RECEIVERS. Plus, their starting tailback is pro material. ND can certainly beat them, but there can't be a letdown. Especially if USC has little to lose. Beating ND and keeping it out of the playoffs would not only be redemptive but also SALVAGE THEIR SEASON.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT