ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Buchner Injured

I don't think Kyren's fumble would hurt Buchner's pride at all. That makes no sense.
There is nothing in my post about "pride." That relates to the flag you wave as part of your political agenda. Pride is what comes before the fall and has no place on the football field.

Confidence is what makes a QB great. My post references Coach Kelly's protection of TB's confidence. I hope that clears it up for you.

Reactions: mirer03
There is nothing in my post about "pride." That relates to the flag you wave as part of your political agenda. Pride is what comes before the fall and has no place on the football field.

Confidence is what makes a QB great. My post references Coach Kelly's protection of TB's confidence. I hope that clears it up for you.
No, it doesn’t clear it up. Kyren’s fumble did not and would not shake his “confidence”. An interception or his own fumble could perhaps. Not a running back. That’s dumb. If you think I’m a liberal you’re dead wrong. Quite the opposite.

I think the next time Buchner takes the field he should surprise Wisconsin with a bomb to Lenzy. Of course he will drop it, but at least Buchner can feel good about it and it will keep the defense guessing. That’s if the OL can give home even 1 second vs Wisconsin. I have a bad feeling Jack Coan will not make it through the season. The OL will get him seriously injured. TB needs the reps.

Reactions: shabak
I think the next time Buchner takes the field he should surprise Wisconsin with a bomb to Lenzy. Of course he will drop it, but at least Buchner can feel good about it and it will keep the defense guessing. That’s if the OL can give home even 1 second vs Wisconsin. I have a bad feeling Jack Coan will not make it through the season. The OL will get him seriously injured. TB needs the reps.
You can’t throw a bomb if the OL doesn’t give you the TIME !

On one hand you imply that the OL will give TB adequate time to throw a bomb and then you state that the OL will be so porous that it will result in Coan getting hurt.

You can’t have it both ways !

Reactions: badger-007
Some play action on 1st and some draws and screens would be nice against a defense that will bring pressure. It’s gonna be an uphill battle if we’re predictable. Overall, Coan has been good. He’s gonna have to be really good to beat wisco. Playing against his buds should be interesting. I think he’ll be up for it.

Some play action on 1st and some draws and screens would be nice against a defense that will bring pressure. It’s gonna be an uphill battle if we’re predictable. Overall, Coan has been good. He’s gonna have to be really good to beat wisco. Playing against his buds should be interesting. I think he’ll be up for it.
Play action works better when you can actually run the ball.

Reactions: NotreDame du Lac
“Play action works better when you can actually run the ball.”

So when a team can’t run the ball that well, you think they should keep running it on 1st down? Running play action on first opens things up, IMO. I’m not saying every first down, but banging your head against the wall for 2 yds a carry on 1st down is dumb. Mix it up on first to keep a pressure defense honest is my point. Jmo

Reactions: shabak
“Play action works better when you can actually run the ball.”

So when a team can’t run the ball that well, you think they should keep running it on 1st down? Running play action on first opens things up, IMO. I’m not saying every first down, but banging your head against the wall for 2 yds a carry on 1st down is dumb. Mix it up on first to keep a pressure defense honest is my point. Jmo
You have to be careful doing too much PA on first down with our Line because it’s slow developing plays … it’ll be interesting to see if Wisconsin’s plan is to try and get to Coan fast, or play a lot in coverage and make Nd run to win

Like I said, when you’re running on 1st down for a short gain, no gain, or a loss, thats a recipe for failure. We can’t run the ball on 1st down all the time, especially early on. Hitting some play actions early will open up the running game.

Reactions: Java65
You can’t throw a bomb if the OL doesn’t give you the TIME !

On one hand you imply that the OL will give TB adequate time to throw a bomb and then you state that the OL will be so porous that it will result in Coan getting hurt.

You can’t have it both ways !
Yes you can. Offensive line play isn’t just one way every play. They are bad, that doesn’t mean one can’t throw a long pass occasionally. Doofus.

Yes you can. Offensive line play isn’t just one way every play. They are bad, that doesn’t mean one can’t throw a long pass occasionally. Doofus.
If your OL is a”bad” as you state, you can’t throw the long ball because it puts your QB at risk.

If you knew anything about football, you’d know that !

If your OL is a”bad” as you state, you can’t throw the long ball because it puts your QB at risk.

What attack would you recommend?

Wisconsin had 2 weeks 2 prepare for the game,time will tell.
In this first half of the season ND will play 5 of 6 games against teams that had a bye.

Give it up. You’re reaching so hard. I guarantee you the worst ranked OL in all of college football and in the NFL has a quarterback that can still at times throw a deep pass. That ability doesn’t make their OL “good”. This is one of the more idiotic posts I’ve replied to. Coan had some deep passes against Toledo. He was also sacked half a dozen times by a MAC team and Kyren couldn’t get more than a yard on half his carries. The couple deep passes doesn’t make up for the above.

Wisconsin had 2 weeks 2 prepare for the game,time will tell.
Usually byes are bad for us. Maybe it’ll be good for Wisc. Nothing will surprise me in this game. If we lose by 30, I won’t be shocked. If we win by 3, I won’t be shocked either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT