ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawerence

zro pts4u

Shakes Down The Thunder
Aug 24, 2018
This kid is the best QB in the country as far as I’m concerned. If not, he certainly heads the best offense.

I’m worried he will make the difference. Along with that D Line that embarrasses everyone they play against. It’s important to note some of their D linemen carry the ball in goal line situations on a regular basis.

That running back they have is very good. A homer hitter like Dex. With Lawrence’s efficiency,
accuracy, and decision making, he doesn’t need a lot of carries to do huge damage.

I think our D line can make some plays too, but I worry about Lawrence and those receivers he has. Lawrence is noticeably taller and smoother than Book and doesn’t let himself get gobbled up and rattled by a pass rush.

I guess will find out.

This kid is the best QB in the country as far as I’m concerned. If not, he certainly heads the best offense.

I’m worried he will make the difference. Along with that D Line that embarrasses everyone they play against. It’s important to note some of their D linemen carry the ball in goal line situations on a regular basis.

That running back they have is very good. A homer hitter like Dex. With Lawrence’s efficiency,
accuracy, and decision making, he doesn’t need a lot of carries to do huge damage.

I think our D line can make some plays too, but I worry about Lawrence and those receivers he has. Lawrence is noticeably taller and smoother than Book and doesn’t let himself get gobbled up and rattled by a pass rush.

I guess will find out.
Wow, best in the nation? His best game of the season was against who?
One heck of a player but the best???

I'll take Kyler Murray over Trevor Lawrence. I might even take Ian Book right now (based on experience). 3 years from now that probably won't be the case when Lawrence is being drafted at the top of the 1st round, but he's not a finished product yet.

Reactions: notredamerises23

I guess will find out.
Best offense in the country? Hmmmmmm????

He is still inexperienced and the Irish defense can be versatile with personnel and vary fronts. Hopefully they can confuse him and give him his freshman moment

I guess will find out.

He has a good shot at being a #1 overall pick one day, but he’s the fourth best QB in the CFP based on experience and production.

Also, how in the hell does Lawrence “head the best offense”? That’s OU’s offense. Then Alabama’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: FriedmanIP
They should be worried about an offensive player alright. His name even starts with a "T" . He's just not the QB.

Travis Etienne

He's the X Factor. If we keep him from big runs and make TL one dimensional, it will be the OTHER defense..."US" ...having a big day

Reactions: Leahylads
He has a good shot st being a #1 overall pick one day, but he’s the fourth best QB in the CFP based on experience and production.

Also, how in her hell does Lawrence “head the best offense”? That’s OU’s offense. Then Alabama’s.

Clemson’s Offense is #4 in total yards behind Oklahoma and ahead of Bama. Trevor only has a few interceptions to his many tds. Part of the reason is bc he can zip being measured at over 60mph on many throws which as a comparison would be faster than anyone in the NFL right now.
The two best receivers are Higgins and Ross and both are 6’4 with elite speed. Hunter Renfrow is a superb route runner who just gets it done. Amari Rodgers who is Tee Martins son, is also very dangerous. Then you got freshman Derion Kendrick coming in and he looks great.
RB is loaded with Etienne starting who just has another gear of elite speed. He may be a legit high 4.3 guy. Tavien Feaster backs him up and he is also track fast. Then Adam Choice gets a few plays here and there.
OL....LT Hyatt doesn’t give up much and is an All American. Big John Simpson is right beside him. Not much has been generated against that left side all year. The center is dependable. Gage Cervenka is a good RG (was a 4 time state wrestling champ) and the RT Tremayne A is playing better and better.

Last edited:
Clemson’s Offense is #4 in total yards behind Oklahoma and ahead of Bama. Trevor only has a few interceptions to his many tds. Part of the reason is bc he can zip being measured at over 60mph on many throws which as a comparison would be faster than anyone in the NFL right now

Barring some terrible injury, he’s a #1 pick type of overall prospect—nobody disputes that. He’s not that polished now. Murray, Tua, AND Book have higher QBRs this seasons and I’d take them all over Lawrence right now. As soon as next season, that will probably change.

As for the #4 offense of Clemson, it’s definitely very good. It’s still behind #1 Oklahoma, #2 Alabama, and #3 Georgia is offensive efficiency.

Clemson has more total yards because Alabama sat on the ball on more second half snaps than did Clemson. This (along with other reasons such as measuring opponent strength, taking into account garbage time vs. competitive game time, etc.) is why it’s better to look at offensive efficiency rather than at total yards when measuring offenses. The poster I replied to said that Clemson had the best offense overall.

Reactions: PizzaBuffet
Barring some terrible injury, he’s a #1 pick type of overall prospect—nobody disputes that. He’s not that polished now. Murray, Tua, AND Book have higher QBRs this seasons and I’d take them all over Lawrence right now. As soon as next season, that will probably change.

As for the #4 offense of Clemson, it’s definitely very good. It’s still behind #1 Oklahoma, #2 Alabama, and #3 Georgia is offensive efficiency.

Clemson has more total yards because Alabama sat on the ball on more second half snaps than did Clemson. This (along with other reasons such as measuring opponent strength, taking into account garbage time vs. competitive game time, etc.) is why it’s better to look at offensive efficiency rather than at total yards when measuring offenses. The poster I replied to said that Clemson had the best offense overall.

He’s no longer a Freshman and not throwing picks equals very high efficiency. He will get better you are correct

Some of what you said is true and some of it is uninformed. Clemson played 2nd string QB Chase Brice almost as much as Bama played Hurts in mop of duty. Before Tua got hurt Chase had played more than Tua this year. Clemson also regularly reached into its roster as many 2nd and 3rd string players registered decent snap numbers. Dabo develops his guys in the 3rd and 4th quarters when he has a decent lead which was in every game but 2.
Another thing you need to consider is that Kelly Bryant started several games at QB and Clemson was no where near the top 10 in total Offense. Since Trevor took over, it’s done nothing but climb each week

Last edited:
Some of what you said is true and some of it is uninformed. Clemson played 2nd string QB Chase Brice almost as much as Bama played Hurts in moo of duty. Before Tua got hurt Chase had played more than Tua this year. Clemson also regularly reached into its roster as many 2nd and 3rd string players registered decent snap numbers. Dabo develops his guys in the 3rd and 4th quarters when he has a decent lead which was in every game but 2.
Another thing you need to consider is that Kelly Bryant started several games at QB and Clemson was no where near the top 10 in total Offense. Since Trevor took over, it’s done nothing but climb each week

Offensive efficiency takes ALL of this into consideration. When the win probability reaches the high 90%s, those plays don’t factor into offensive efficiency. Hurts, Chase, whoever—it doesn’t matter.

You’re right that the Clemson offense has been climbing, but it’s still far off of #3 Georgia’s, so even if you weighted the last however many games more heavily, the offense is still considerably behind Oklahoma’s and Alabama’s.

Reactions: TimmyBobby
Offensive efficiency takes ALL of this into consideration. When the win probability reaches the high 90%s, those plays don’t factor into offensive efficiency. Hurts, Chase, whoever—it doesn’t matter.

You’re right that the Clemson offense has been climbing, but it’s still far off of #3 Georgia’s, so even if you weighted the last however many games more heavily, the offense is still considerably behind Oklahoma’s and Alabama’s.

What metric are you using for Bama? I see them behind Clemson in total yards. Their WRs are going to be catching fair punt separation type balls against Oklahoma

I guess will find out.
Lol. Well this is a joke right? Hes an 18 year old kid. Hes got a ton of potential but hes not the best qb in the playoffs much less the country.

Lol. Well this is a joke right? Hes an 18 year old kid. Hes got a ton of potential but hes not the best qb in the playoffs much less the country.

The QBs in the playoffs are probably the best in the country. Are we talking pro ability? The answer is yes because Trevor is 6’6 with a cannon and velocity comparable to an Elway. College production kyler and Tua are tops but Kyler looks 5’8 and Tua is gimping around

lol. If we pick even teams for one game and you had a choice of Grier, lawerence, haskins, book, mcsorely, findley.

Not many are picking lawerence or even book.

Pro outlook is a four year projection. We are talking about right now.

The QBs in the playoffs are probably the best in the country. Are we talking pro ability? The answer is yes because Trevor is 6’6 with a cannon and velocity comparable to an Elway. College production kyler and Tua are tops but Kyler looks 5’8 and Tua is gimping around
gee how do you manage to type with all that slobber coming out?

He is a true freshman that hasn't played an even decent defense yet. all while playing with guys that are vastly superior to their opponents in terms of talent.

And that’s not going to change until he’s facing a Bama per player rankings. No offense meant but based on a line this big it isn’t expected to change.

He is a true freshman that hasn't played an even decent defense yet. all while playing with guys that are vastly superior to their opponents in terms of talent.

The same can be said of Ian Book, however, relative to playing against a decent defense. Ian didn't face a top 50 Total Defense, while both quarterbacks faced the same number (2) of top 50 Scoring Defenses this year. Book didn't start vs Michigan and Lawrence didn't start again Texas A&M, which makes those data points useless.

Statistically, the best Total Defense that either quarterback faced this year, was Lawrence vs Georgia Tech (45th nationally)… Clemson scored 49 points that game and won by 28.

Statistically, the best Scoring Defense that either quarterback faced this year, was Lawrence vs NC State (37th nationally... Clemson scored 41 points that game and won by 34.

So be careful to criticize the competition that their guy has faced this year and not be equally skeptical of the competition our guy has faced... Neither team has faced a highly ranked defense, in either metric, but Clemson has faced the better defense in either category and put up significantly more points than ND did in its games against its top Total Defenses (None in the top 50) and Scoring Defenses (Northwestern, 31 points).

yes, because player rankings are the be all end all.

Agreed, but when you add undefeated into it, it means something. When you add 4 straight playoffs it means something. You guys have a great team. We will have to play well to win. A line is just a line of expectation. They get it wrong less than they get it right, but they do get it it wrong some

The same can be said of Ian Book, however, relative to playing against a decent defense. Ian didn't face a top 50 Total Defense, while both quarterbacks faced the same number (2) of top 50 Scoring Defenses this year. Book didn't start vs Michigan and Lawrence didn't start again Texas A&M, which makes those data points useless.

Statistically, the best Total Defense that either quarterback faced this year, was Lawrence vs Georgia Tech (45th nationally)… Clemson scored 49 points that game and won by 28.

Statistically, the best Scoring Defense that either quarterback faced this year, was Lawrence vs NC State (37th nationally... Clemson scored 41 points that game and won by 34.

So be careful to criticize the competition that their guy has faced this year and not be equally skeptical of the competition our guy has faced... Neither team has faced a highly ranked defense, in either metric, but Clemson has faced the better defense in either category and put up significantly more points than ND did in its games against its top Total Defenses (None in the top 50) and Scoring Defenses (Northwestern, 31 points).

6 teams Clemson faced were in the top 50 for total offense...Syracuse, NC State, Wake, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and GT.

wow talk about arrogance. So now you know as much about football as Lou Holtz.

What a joke.

You assumed all that out of that one comment? Dang dude chill. Just talking statistics that I’m looking up from ncaa and espn. Lou comment was in reference to slobbering

6 teams Clemson faced were in the top 50 for total offense...Syracuse, NC State, Wake, Georgia Southern, Texas A&M, and GT.

While true, we're having a discussion about Lawrence and the defenses that he has faced, making the offenses that Clemson has faced irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

It makes it no less a fact, but it lacks sufficient relevance in a discussion regarding Lawrence.

You assumed all that out of that one comment? Dang dude chill. Just talking statistics that I’m looking up from ncaa and espn. Lou comment was in reference to slobbering
listen Gomer your posts reak of arrogance so look in the mirror for the reason we are LAUGHING at YOU.

listen Gomer your posts reak of arrogance so look in the mirror for the reason we are LAUGHING at YOU.

Hey man I’m ok with that. I have not insulted anyone and I’m just talking stats that I did not create on my own. I don’t get into keyboard insulting. We as in you. The rest of the group here has been great and keeps it to fact talk

While true, we're having a discussion about Lawrence and the defenses that he has faced, making the offenses that Clemson has faced irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

It makes it no less a fact, but it lacks sufficient relevance in a discussion regarding Lawrence.

Ok roger that. Neither team has faced a good D but for you all playing Michigan. Agreed. However, Michigan is not great on O or even good really so it deminishes what they can get done overall

Hey man I’m ok with that. I have not insulted anyone and I’m just talking stats that I did not create on my own. I don’t get into keyboard insulting. We as in you. The rest of the group here has been great and keeps it to fact talk

Pay him no mind... 90% of people here caught the Lou Holtz joke and took it as it was intended, as a joke. If he wants to make a massive leap of inference and strawman you over a joke, it's probably better you just move on from it.

Ok roger that. Neither team has faced a good D but for you all playing Michigan. Agreed. However, Michigan is not great on O or even good really so it deminishes what they can get done overall

Book didn't even play against Michigan, Wimbush did, so as I posted in another thread, much like the Texas A&M game in which Bryant started for you guys, neither is fair or useful comparative data point. We'd simply be speculating on how those games would have turned out had Lawrence and Book been the starters at that time. We're better off using the data points we have that are most relevant to coaches and personnel that will be on the field come the 29th.

Pay him no mind... 90% of people here caught the Lou Holtz joke and took it as it was intended, as a joke. If he wants to make a massive leap of inference and strawman you over a joke, it's probably better you just move on from it.

And I realize that it sounds arrogant to point to the line and claim pre game victory as well. Anything can happen in the playoffs and only the elite make it in. When we won the championship we were a 9 point dog

Book didn't even play against Michigan, Wimbush did, so as I posted in another thread, much like the Texas A&M game in which Bryant started for you guys, neither is fair or useful comparative data point. We'd simply be speculating on how those games would have turned out had Lawrence and Book been the starters at that time. We're better off using the data points we have that are most relevant to coaches and personnel that will be on the field come the 29th.

What’s up with his transfer. Would Kelly even play him in this game? If a guy especially a QB is talking transfer I’d leave him on the sidelines

And I realize that it sounds arrogant to point to the line and claim pre game victory as well. Anything can happen in the playoffs and only the elite make it in. When we won the championship we were a 9 point dog

I think line is a tad inflated by people that are still of the mindset that 2012 Notre Dame is playing in this game. For some reason, although teams get blown out all the time in playoff games, the 2012 game has stuck to Notre Dame and their ability to compete, from a national perspective. It probably has to do with the "love them or hate them" dynamic that Notre Dame brings to the table... People cheer extra hard for ND to lose, and they are far less objective about Notre Dame than they are other teams.

I think people are assuming ND gets manhandled because of what happened in 2012 and keeping the line where it is by doubling down on Clemson because of their perception that ND can't hang with good teams.

Reactions: PizzaBuffet
I think line is a tad inflated by people that are still of the mindset that 2012 Notre Dame is playing in this game. For some reason, although teams get blown out all the time in playoff games, the 2012 game has stuck to Notre Dame and their ability to compete, from a national perspective. It probably has to do with the "love them or hate them" dynamic that Notre Dame brings to the table... People cheer extra hard for ND to lose, and they are far less objective about Notre Dame than they are other teams.

I think people are assuming ND gets manhandled because of what happened in 2012 and keeping the line where it is by doubling down on Clemson because of their perception that ND can't hang with good teams.

You know...this was maybe true a while back but I can tell ya I harbor no ill will against ND and in fact I will pull for you against the other two teams. Bama has taken over the evil empire. People just want to see someone outside Bama winning

Reactions: tbonesays
What’s up with his transfer. Would Kelly even play him in this game? If a guy especially a QB is talking transfer I’d leave him on the sidelines

His transfer has been in the books for a while but they were trying to keep it under wraps so it didn't serve as a distraction. This isn't a Kelly Bryant situation, however. Brandon has graduated (just finished exams). He has his degree, has been beaten out and has one year of eligibility left. He's going to battle his ass off for his teammates if he needs to play, but then he's going to move on for a chance to play elsewhere for his last season. He'd start for a lot of teams. He's 13-3 as a starter.

Reactions: TimmyBobby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT