ADVERTISEMENT

Top recruits sound off on BK

I know you aren't interested in being intellectually honest but I'm going to shoot anyway.
LSU & Alabama are ranked nearly identically at 54.x% but LSU has a nearly fully healthy roster and Alabama lost their superstar QB who played injured in that head to head game. F/+ is rating the teams as per their performance over the entire season relative to their respective schedules. F/+ is not able to make an adjustment for the fact that Tua has been injured during the last quarter of the season.

Use the system where it's strong (objective data point on how teams stack up with various adjustments made for schedule & luck) but then use your own intuition/observations to make tweaks around the edges (in this case the Tua factor).

Also F/+ hasn't been updated since the end of the regular season back in mid december. I'm sure after LSUs obliteration of OU they will be rated much more favorably ahead.
Looks like I missed a bunch of the same on Friday...... damn I was out day drinking enjoying the weather.

Chase.... not only does it look like you got banned, but you also have another account? An account you made in September and made a post with.... that was 'liked' by Chaseball account...... Oh My. At what point does someone need to step back and admit there is a problem when you have multiple accounts to post your agenda on a free message board?

If I was in charge, you would need to post your name and maybe link your social media accounts so everyone could be held accountable for there big bad words on here.... might cut down on some of the garbage lol.

How hard was it for you to try and not post about FP+ under your new account to not give away who you are lol?

Good moderating would be coming into this thread and cleaning all the irrelevant posts up like the nonsense posted above and any other off topic drivel so we can get back to what was otherwise a good discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadprez3
Good moderating would be coming into this thread and cleaning all the irrelevant posts up like the nonsense posted above and any other off topic drivel so we can get back to what was otherwise a good discussion

Agree.

Amazing that a totally juvenile and unproductive post such as the one made by nemeth#5 that is clearly an attempt to provoke you can stand there unchecked; however, one off the cuff joke results in a week long ban.

Just goes to show how irrational and emotional some people can be even if they attempt to portray themselves as an objective and neutral entity.

It is nauseating how many good discussions get sidetracked by the continual and predictable interjections of the serial offenders whilst never being moderated.

I get its a voluntary role and I'm not even sure why someone would want to spend time out of their day to do it, but either do the role justice or step aside. At a minimum, at least be consistent in action and don't just arbitrarily decide to ban a quality longtime poster who never stoops to the personal attacks that most on here engage in on a daily basis without any heed.

Well, at least Lincoln Riley has multiple wins against Top 10 teams in the last 3 seasons. What’s BK’s record during that same time frame vs Top 10. Goose Egg 0-6 with losses by 14+ points to 4 of the 6

Riley may have that wtf moment every year, but so does Kelly. I’d rather have Riley at ND than Kelly.
How many head scratching upsets does Riley have in that time compared to Kelly's none?

Agree.

Amazing that a totally juvenile and unproductive post such as the one made by nemeth#5 that is clearly an attempt to provoke you can stand there unchecked; however, one off the cuff joke results in a week long ban.

Just goes to show how irrational and emotional some people can be even if they attempt to portray themselves as an objective and neutral entity.

It is nauseating how many good discussions get sidetracked by the continual and predictable interjections of the serial offenders whilst never being moderated.

I get its a voluntary role and I'm not even sure why someone would want to spend time out of their day to do it, but either do the role justice or step aside. At a minimum, at least be consistent in action and don't just arbitrarily decide to ban a quality longtime poster who never stoops to the personal attacks that most on here engage in on a daily basis without any heed.

And what is this post?

Oh wait I forgot your own rules don't apply to you.

You and your God complex are hilarious.

And what is this post?

Oh wait I forgot your own rules don't apply to you.

You and your God complex are hilarious.

It was a plead for impoved moderation of the board in order to produce a higher volume of relevant and useful posts and to limit the existence of unproductive and intrusive ones such as yours that I have quoted above.

Hopefully this explanation will help you ascertain the differences going forward but let me know if further expansion on the subject is necessary. It would do wonders for the board to appropriately and sufficiently education one of the serial offenders.

It was a plead for impoved moderation of the board in order to produce a higher volume of relevant and useful posts and to limit the existence of unproductive and intrusive ones such as yours that I have quoted above.

Hopefully this explanation will help you ascertain the differences going forward but let me know if further expansion on the subject is necessary. It would do wonders for the board to appropriately and sufficiently education one of the serial offenders.

Why don't you take a look into a mirror before you give me anymore advice home boy. You're the one posting on several accounts on a free message board to give you some sort of fulfillment.

Your efforts are pathetic.

Reactions: NIN Irish
“Penn State scored 53 and won by 14 points. The spread was 7. The teams mentioned can compete with P5 teams but would be middle of the pack.

Also, you only notice App St or Memphis when they have great years. They aren't football schools that will sustain it. Got lucky to get a good coach or two, and those good coaches quickly left for a reason.”

The point was that none of those schools mentioned should be considered an easy win for a team no matter how good they are. All of them would be in the top half of P5 conferences.

Why don't you take a look into a mirror before you give me anymore advice home boy. You're the one posting on several accounts on a free message board to give you some sort of fulfillment.

Please, it is only my hope that we should one day have a meaningful and productive line of discourse.

I could see the origins of it transpiring upon our initial interaction regarding the socially and factually inappropriate attributes being assigned to young William Shipley. Regrettably, however, you again began to devolve to ad hominem attacks due to frustration. I fear our current interaction is beginning to proceed that way again.

With all sincerity, I want only what is best for you as a poster and for this board and I will hold fast to my mission in watching a productive and valuable poster transpire before my eyes and this entire board. The struggle may be long and daunting, but the end product will be well worth the arduous struggle.

Please, it is only my hope that we should one day have a meaningful and productive line of discourse.

I could see the origins of it transpiring upon our initial interaction regarding the socially and factually inappropriate attributes being assigned to young William Shipley. Regrettably, however, you again began to devolve to ad hominem attacks due to frustration. I fear our current interaction is beginning to proceed that way again.

With all sincerity, I want only what is best for you as a poster and for this board and I will hold fast to my mission in watching a productive and valuable poster transpire before my eyes and this entire board. The struggle may be long and daunting, but the end product will be well worth the arduous struggle.

Sad.

Agree.

Chase, why continue this charade? Seek help instead.

seven pages... someone want to do a summary and wrap this up?
anything decided?

soooooo.... no comment on having multiple accounts?

What is one to do if they find their current user account has been banned for one week yet they still desire to post on the board?

Seems like a perfectly logical action to take.

I am not yet able to ascertain the reasoning behind your disdain for chase but I request that you attempt to treat him more fair and just. It will make him feel better and also yourself. Its a win/win proposition!!

What is one to do if they find their current user account has been banned for one week yet they still desire to post on the board?

I am not yet able to ascertain the reasoning behind your disdain for chase but I request that you attempt to treat him more fair and just. It will make him feel better and also yourself. Its a win/win proposition!!

When you get banned, you should take a hint and not post. It's a sign of pure desperation to create another account just to post on a free message board, would you not agree?

Well, if I got banned for a week.... I would probably take my punishment... what made me laugh (and Chase has yet to address) is that he had an account made BEFORE he was banned.... which leads one to think he may have more.... which is borderline crazy?

Well, if I got banned for a week.... I would probably take my punishment... what made me laugh (and Chase has yet to address) is that he had an account made BEFORE he was banned.... which leads one to think he may have more.... which is borderline crazy?

It may have been a spare account he had created during a similar period of banishment?

If he at that time also wished to continue posting on a message board it would have once again been a rational step to take. I would hardly describe it as "crazy". Only if his reaction to the banishment caused him significant distress to the point it was difficult to carry on with his day to day activities would one start to evaluate his sanity. Even at that point, it would likely just be some temporary frustration--albeit likely misplaced.

Rivals.com does not have the financial means necessary to invest in the technology to "ban" anyone from posting on a message board. It can be more considered a nuisance to be banned than any sort of deterrent.

If you were to be "banned" for a week I would not begrudge you the opportunity to procure a new user account and commence posting with haste as chase has done. Nor would it be any of my concern were you to transition back to your original account at the conclusion of its ban.

I also believe it to be a fallacy that you would willfully comply to a one week ban. In all likelihood you would not say something that you felt was out of line thereby risking a temporary ban. As such, at the point in time you found yourself banned you would feel it to not just in the same manner chase did.

I really don't understand all the concern with whether one has multiple user accounts for a website.

Each post is its own contained thought and can be evaluated on its own merits. If one feels compelled to create several aliases to support that thought--so be it--the presence of several "likes" or echo chamber agreements should not dissuade one from the merits (or lack thereof) of the original thought.

If anything, the practice just makes the one person or group of persons look foolish. We need not look further than or own merry band of echo chamberist on this very board to see how folly those practices are.

I do agree with your assertion that linking ones account to a readily identifiable social media account would be a logical step in reducing the antics by which some conduct themselves on the board. However, that requirement would likely significantly reduce the volume of activity on the Rivals.com website and significantly impair their pocketbook. Given it is a for-profit corporation, it is unrealistic that they would place themselves in such a predicament.

In any event, I humbly submit that we not be so harsh on chase. He means no harm and I have never found him to engage in any type of ad hominem activity despite numerous provocations. He actually exhibits an exemplary amount of personal restraint in that matter.

I hope that you will consider my thoughts. All the best!

It may have been a spare account he had created during a similar period of banishment?

If he at that time also wished to continue posting on a message board it would have once again been a rational step to take. I would hardly describe it as "crazy". Only if his reaction to the banishment caused him significant distress to the point it was difficult to carry on with his day to day activities would one start to evaluate his sanity. Even at that point, it would likely just be some temporary frustration--albeit likely misplaced.

Rivals.com does not have the financial means necessary to invest in the technology to "ban" anyone from posting on a message board. It can be more considered a nuisance to be banned than any sort of deterrent.

If you were to be "banned" for a week I would not begrudge you the opportunity to procure a new user account and commence posting with haste as chase has done. Nor would it be any of my concern were you to transition back to your original account at the conclusion of its ban.

I also believe it to be a fallacy that you would willfully comply to a one week ban. In all likelihood you would not say something that you felt was out of line thereby risking a temporary ban. As such, at the point in time you found yourself banned you would feel it to not just in the same manner chase did.

I really don't understand all the concern with whether one has multiple user accounts for a website.

Each post is its own contained thought and can be evaluated on its own merits. If one feels compelled to create several aliases to support that thought--so be it--the presence of several "likes" or echo chamber agreements should not dissuade one from the merits (or lack thereof) of the original thought.

If anything, the practice just makes the one person or group of persons look foolish. We need not look further than or own merry band of echo chamberist on this very board to see how folly those practices are.

I do agree with your assertion that linking ones account to a readily identifiable social media account would be a logical step in reducing the antics by which some conduct themselves on the board. However, that requirement would likely significantly reduce the volume of activity on the Rivals.com website and significantly impair their pocketbook. Given it is a for-profit corporation, it is unrealistic that they would place themselves in such a predicament.

In any event, I humbly submit that we not be so harsh on chase. He means no harm and I have never found him to engage in any type of ad hominem activity despite numerous provocations. He actually exhibits an exemplary amount of personal restraint in that matter.

I hope that you will consider my thoughts. All the best!
I appreciate the long, well thought responses. I am not completely anti-chase... just think its a little loony to have at least one extra account..... and if you have one extra, there is no reason you dont have several...... but that is just my own opinion.... I think I view message boards a little different... I use my last name as my handle and have a picture as myself as my avatar on the side.... because I have nothing to hide or no reason to hide behind the keyboard lol.

That phenomenon has not gone unnoticed. Unfortunately, not everyone possess your level of self assurance or congruency in acts. Therefore, we are left with an imperfect system.

I only ask that we all treat each other with respect.

I am already noting chase's inconspicuous absence and fear he may have felt bullied off the board which would be unfortunate as he brings important and needed balance and objectivity to the board.
I am sure he will be back.... as soon as some new FP+ rankings come out he wont be able to help himself.... or maybe you are in fact Chase..... duh duh duhhh... If I knew how to make a meme I would put deadprez3 on one and Chase on the other.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I am sure he will be back.... as soon as some new FP+ rankings come out he wont be able to help himself.... or maybe you are in fact Chase..... duh duh duhhh... If I knew how to make a meme I would put deadprez3 on one and Chase on the other.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I can only hope you are correct.

We can all agree that chase's renewed presence and also some refreshed F+ data would both be welcomed!!

I also enjoyed your comic strip excerpt, good form indeed!

But a bit of constructive criticism with regards to execution--next time omit the clarification that one is chase and the other was I. It was already implied in your lead up and unfortunately took away some of the picture's impact. Honest mistake. Let me know if you would like any further insights or guidance on the matter....satire can be a fickle mistress.

Reactions: nemeth#5
anybody know why we haven't offered Braylon Allen (top 100 Safety) for 2021? He seems to be all-ND if we offer?

Just work your ass off, go get this class and nobody with a clue will complain about 2021 recruiting...

QB: Tyler Buchner
RB: Will Shipley
WR: Deion Colzie
WR: Lorenzo Styles Jr
WR: Cristian Dixon
TE: Cane Berrong
OL: Blake Fisher
OL: Landon Tengwall
OL: Rocco Spindler
OL: Garrett Dellinger
DE: Elliot Donald
DE: Brock Bowers
DE: Kelvin Gilliam
NG: Gabriel Rubio
DT: Aaron Armitage
LB: Barrett Carter
LB: Mac Uihlein
Rover: Zavier Carter
CB: Ceyair Wright
CB: Tony Grimes
S: Justin Walters
S: Daylan Carnell

Anybody know why we haven't offered Braylon Allen (top 100 Safety) for 2021? He seems to be all-ND if we offer?

Are you a Professor? A Dr. Evil wannabe? A Cyborg? A 7/11 clerk by day and then hidden in the basement on the dark web by night? Who types/writes/talks like this? Very funny, thank you for the laugh.

Are you a Professor? A Dr. Evil wannabe? A Cyborg? A 7/11 clerk by day and then hidden in the basement on the dark web by night? Who types/writes/talks like this? Very funny, thank you for the laugh.

Chase does. That's as obvious as perses other handle is d1042 as well.
Very funny indeed, in a psychotic way.

While I appreciate the inquiry, I find listing of one's vocation--unless directly pertinent to a matter--to be an unsavory act. Especially when one's vocation would be held in much higher esteem (generally speaking of course) than the masses. To put it bluntly, I would not want to come across as an individual that tends towards being braggadocious.

Furthermore, I would hope the merits of my points be enough on their own that I would not need to stoop to currying intellectual favor on this board by explicitly stating my vocation--a phenomenon that would most certainly occur.

I trust you can respect my feelings on the matter.

If you find my discourse on this board even the slightest bit amusing then that gives me a great deal pleasure to know even if it were yet because of subscribed negative attributes. When it comes to human interaction, receipt of an acknowledged negative opinion still very much outweighs a lack of opinion. That phenomenon plays out before our eyes on this very board every day.

Thank you for the disclosure.

Chase - don’t you ever get tired of typing a thesis statement every time you reply?

So nobody is ever truly banned. Just create a new handle. What’s the point then?

There is no point except to cause a slight amount of inconvenience for the poster to take the time to create a new account.

Surely you had already realized this? How would you suggest Rivals.com actually truly ban someone from posting on a message board?

Politic with their local service provider to suspend internet service or alert authorities to apprehend the offender before they could gain entrance to their local library?

Perhaps hire a third party military contractor to track down offenders and subdue them before they could reach towards their cell phone?

I'm afraid all those options would either be cost prohibitive or be in violation of the law.

Couldn’t say I would know. I don’t go out of my way to do things that are ban worthy.

There is no point except to cause a slight amount of inconvenience for the poster to take the time to create a new account.

Surely you had already realized this? How would you suggest Rivals.com actually truly ban someone from posting on a message board?

Politic with their local service provider to suspend internet service or alert authorities to apprehend the offender before they could gain entrance to their local library?

Perhaps hire a third party military contractor to track down offenders and subdue them before they could reach towards their cell phone?

I'm afraid all those options would either be cost prohibitive or be in violation of the law.
So are you the poster formerly known as Chase..... if so, having yet another account dated back to 9 years ago is one level of psycho.... but speaking like an 80 year old English professor now is a whole new level.

So back to the original spirit of this thread. More validation of the reality of how Irish players and their families view BK:

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/11481/brian-kelly-leaves-significant-impression-on-the-jones-family

But the Jones family has become believers in Brian Kelly as there has been a level of trust built from the recruiting process to Jones leaving the program.

"As parents, we were very happy with what Kelly said on the 13th," said Jones. "From the beginning to now, I grew to gain more respect for him. You hear these horror stories, but I have nothing but the utmost respect for him.

"Coach Kelly gave Tony every opportunity he told him during the recruiting process. It's just one of those things where he had to wait his turn.

So we are ALL, automatically supposed to believe the player?

Are we literally supposed to believe Kelly never once called him or sent him a text?

Come on, I am not buying any of it.

I promise you Kelly went to his house and spent time with him and his family. Oh poor baby didn’t get a text from Kelly. Boo-hoo

So we are ALL, automatically supposed to believe the player?

Are we literally supposed to believe Kelly never once called him or sent him a text?

Come on, I am not buying any of it.

I promise you Kelly went to his house and spent time with him and his family. Oh poor baby didn’t get a text from Kelly. Boo-hoo

But he did get those texts from Meyer, Dabo, Saban, Fisher, etc... That attention to recruiting is a significant factor in why they have championships and Kelly does not and likely will not.

So to you and the "always reactive rather than proactive" thinkers at ND it might be "Boo-hoo"... But the absolute key to recruiting, as a former recruiting coordinator who still recruits regionally at the collegiate level I can tell you with 100% certainty that the biggest factor in recruiting is relationship building and being able to adapt to the wants and needs of the generation of kid you are recruiting. You remain a very similar version of yourself. The kids change over time... Adapt, adjust and win... Or get humbled by those doing it better than you and lose.

I love that we live in a world where people blindly and vehemently defend the actions of somebody who is literally tactically contrarian to all the other coaches winning national titles, when it comes to recruiting.

Last edited:
But he did get those texts from Meyer, Dabo, Saban, Fisher, etc... That attention to recruiting is a significant factor in why they have championships and Kelly does not and likely will not.

So to you and the "always reactive rather than proactive" thinkers at ND it might be "Boo-hoo"... But the absolute key to recruiting, as a former recruiting coordinator who still recruits regionally at the collegiate level I can tell you with 100% certainty that the biggest factor in recruiting is relationship building and being able to adapt to the wants and needs of the generation of kid you are recruiting. You remain a very similar version of yourself. The kids change over time... Adapt, adjust and win... Or get humbled by those doing it better than you and lose.

I love that we live in a world where people blindly and vehemently defend the actions of somebody who is literally tactically contrarian to all the other coaches winning national titles, when it comes to recruiting.
And I love how you act like you know more than the head coach at Notre Dame. If you're so smart and so good, go to a big school, make a lot of money and do it better than Kelly.

You cant. So stop acting like you know more or could do better because you cant.

You act like you know everything and all the inner workings of Notre Dame and recruiting in general. When in fact, you dont know.

You're a regional recruiter apparently, hes the head coach of Notre Dame. I think hes done more in the profession

And I love how you act like you know more than the head coach at Notre Dame. If you're so smart and so good, go to a big school, make a lot of money and do it better than Kelly.

You cant. So stop acting like you know more or could do better because you cant.

You act like you know everything and all the inner workings of Notre Dame and recruiting in general. When in fact, you dont know.

You're a regional recruiter apparently, hes the head coach of Notre Dame. I think hes done more in the profession

Lol there it is again. The elitist mindset at play. Love it.

Follow along. I don't know more than Brian Kelly about anything to do with football. As I've talked about multiple times in this thread. What I do know is plenty enough about football to pay close attention to how the best in the business are conducting their business in recruiting. The guys winning national championships. Football is a copycat sport. Everybody studies each other and steal the best of what their opposition comes up with...

So let me apply your elitist "he's accomplished more than you so stfu" attitude to Brian Kelly... By your metric, the guy clearly doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground compared to Dabo, Meyer, Saban, Fisher, etc, right?... Because all of those guys have achieved more than him in the sport and have actually won the national championship that he lacks. 3 of those 4 guys have won it multiple times.

So if you don't believe me because I'm not as successful of a football coach as Brian Kelly, then believe the guys running laps around him.

You haven't achieved top 0.0001% level coaching success in the sport, nor made millions doing it so you can't have a clue what you're talking about in a specific niche area of sport... What a gem.

Lol there it is again. The elitist mindset at play. Love it.

Follow along. I don't know more than Brian Kelly about anything to do with football. As I've talked about multiple times in this thread. What I do know is plenty enough about football to pay close attention to how the best in the business are conducting their business in recruiting. The guys winning national championships. Football is a copycat sport. Everybody studies each other and steal the best of what their opposition comes up with...

So let me apply your elitist "he's accomplished more than you so stfu" attitude to Brian Kelly... By your metric, the guy clearly doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground compared to Dabo, Meyer, Saban, Fisher, etc, right?... Because all of those guys have achieved more than him in the sport and have actually won the national championship that he lacks. 3 of those 4 guys have won it multiple times.

So if you don't believe me because I'm not as successful of a football coach as Brian Kelly, then believe the guys running laps around him.

You haven't achieved top 0.0001% level coaching success in the sport, nor made millions doing it so you can't have a clue what you're talking about in a specific niche area of sport... What a gem.
You dont know sh*t about how he conducts his business or what the inner workings of the program are.

So stop acting like you do. You post on a message board. You dont know what he or the staff are doing. Stop acting like you do because you dont.

And hes a whole lot closer to the elite of coaches than you are to him. You're a nobody in the football world just like the rest of us. I think he knows what he is doing. Hes been successful everywhere hes gone and he has a top 12 program in the country and pointing up. What are you doing?

You dont know sh*t about how he conducts his business or what the inner workings of the program are.

So stop acting like you do. You post on a message board. You dont know what he or the staff are doing. Stop acting like you do because you dont.

And hes a whole lot closer to the elite of coaches than you are to him. You're a nobody in the football world just like the rest of us. I think he knows what he is doing. Hes been successful everywhere hes gone and he has a top 12 program in the country and pointing up. What are you doing?

There you go again. I'm talking about Brian Kelly vs the best coaches in America and their recruiting practices, and you want to make it about me. I have nothing to do with this conversation other than that I personally knew a recruiting coordinator at ND under Brian Kelly (Tony Alford) and that I spoke, on a daily basis to the kids Kelly's staff was recruiting when I worked at ISD for Mike Frank... I know exactly how often those kids talked to Brian Kelly, because at that time I talked to those kids every day.... We reported developments to Tony Alford and Dave Peloquin and the ND recruiting department, in exchange for information. That's how it works.

You act like ND football is Area 51. You don't think people that are around the program every day learn things?

Again, I never claimed to know more about football than Brian Kelly. I claim to be mostly aware of his recruiting regimen and acumen because myself and all the other guys I networked with and talked to recruits with and about, are happy to share that info.

You think these are the first kids to tell "us" that they hear from Urban Meyer every day, but rarely, if ever, hear from Brian Kelly?

Last edited:
There you go again. I'm talking about Brian Kelly vs the best coaches in America and their recruiting practices, and you want to make it about me. I have nothing to do with this conversation other than that I personally knew a recruiting coordinator at ND under Brian Kelly (Tony Alford) and that I spoke, on a daily basis to the kids Kelly's staff was recruiting when I worked at ISD for Mike Frank... I know exactly how often those kids talked to Brian Kelly, because at that time I talked to those guys every day.... We reported developments to Tony Alford and Dave Peloquin and the ND recruiting department, in exchange for information. That's how it works.

You act like ND football is Area 51. You don't think people that are around the program every day learn things?

Again, I never claimed to know more about football than Brian Kelly. I claim to be mostly aware of his recruiting regimem and acumen because myself and all the other guys I networked with and talked to recruits with and about, are happy to share that info.

You think these are the first kids to tell "us" that they hear from Urban Meyer every day, but rarely, if ever, hear from Brian Kelly?
Tony Alford hasnt been at ND for over 5 years, you need an updated source.

And I've also heard many stories about Brian Kelly talking to kids before games, after games, in his office, and at their houses etc.

Hes such a terrible recruiter yet has top 15 classes every single year.

James Franklin is known as a dogged recruiter yet Id take our class over his and most others. And we'll have an even better class next year. Pretty impressive for a bum I guess

Tony Alford hasnt been at ND for over 5 years, you need an updated source.

And I've also heard many stories about Brian Kelly talking to kids before games, after games, in his office, and at their houses etc.

Hes such a terrible recruiter yet has top 15 classes every single year.

James Franklin is known as a dogged recruiter yet Id take our class over his and most others. And we'll have an even better class next year. Pretty impressive for a bum I guess

1. While I don't have the luxury of the contacts I had at ND while I worked for ISD, I still have the connections to the people that have those same connections with Peloquin, Kearny, Rees, etc... Tigers do not change their stripes. The same info the guys I still talk to get from recruits today is the same info I got directly, 7-8 years ago.

2. You've heard stories have you? I find it humoursly rich that you are adamant that I know absolutely nothing about recruiting despite working in the business for a long time, having connections at and around Notre Dame and at one time talking directly to ND recruits (Brian Kelly's recruits) on a daily basis... But you've "heard stories" so you're somehow believable and credible and AI'm notlol? Don't you see the ridiculous irony in that?

Secondly, on that point, if you knew anything about the ins and outside of recruiting, which you evidently don't, you'd know that talking to kids in your office, on game days, before games, on Sundays after games and in their houses once per cycle (the maximum allowed for a HC) is actually the most baseline minimum that a head coach is required to recruit in order to have any success at all. That's as standard as it gets. Every head coach in the country does that. What I've been talking about throughout this thread and what McMillan and Ransom (and others) have talked about for years, is that Brian Kelly rarely does the extras to distinguish himself as a recruiter. The odd time he gets personally involved with a recruit and that usually ends up going well for ND....The problem is that guys like Urban Meyer, Nick Saban (especially when he was younger), Dabo Swinney, Jimbo Fisher, Ryan Day, etc, etc, do that with every top recruit. In fact, they often keep in such close contact that they have a lackey text and DM for them and keep the conversations going, and simply liaise with the coach about content and get him involved at particular times and for particular matters. That's the extremes they go to. Daily conversation. That compared to talking with a recruit a couple times in an entire cycle is crazy if you think you're going to get a bunch of top guys. You're the face of the program. Assistants come and go. They want to know the man running the show.

3. Where did James Franklin come from? What has he won at the level of a Dabo, Meyer, Saban, etc?... He's another Brian Kelly, at a top 15 program, trying to get over the top. I'd take ND's class over his as well. But what's the point? The only classes that matter nationally are those of the contenders, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oregon and Georgia and tactics used by the head coaches at those schools to accumulate the talent that they have that gives them the edge. Everything else is just bullshit. That's what matters.

1. Elite recruiting
2. Great to elite coaching
3. Elite development
4. Elite culture
5. Retention

Why the constant personal attacks? Are people not allowed to have opinions? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to fill threads with the constant diatribes everytime someone you disagree with posts.

If you do disagree just tell him why and discuss it. If not you end up with muddied up threads with people having to defend themselves for having an opinion. It ruins the board. Either way there's no reason to be that bothered over someone disagreeing with you, everyone has the right to their own opinions.

Why the constant personal attacks? Are people not allowed to have opinions? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to fill threads with the constant diatribes everytime someone you disagree with posts.

If you do disagree just tell him why and discuss it. If not you end up with muddied up threads with people having to defend themselves for having an opinion. It ruins the board.

I share your thoughts exactly. I'm not direcring this at anybody in particular but as a general observation...

At least half the time somebody disagrees with me and I defend my point, it digresses into a "you think you know everything", "who the **** are you?", "you don't know **** about football" or my favourite "what does a Canadian know?" response... It's the most childish debate tactic ever and it wreaks of somebody who isn't intelligent enough to have a point / counter point debate that stays on topic, or somebody who is too insecure to risk being on the losing end of a debate and have to eat their crow.

For some people I fear that message boards like these are all that they have. There are people on this board who I genuinely fear do not leave the dingy confines of their basement. There are those that I feel probably have a very hard time socializing in public and are probably shunned by others, and, therefore, rush to platforms like these where they can stew in their anonimity... To those people I beg you. GO OUTSIDE. Meet a girl. They're lovely.

Somebody can disagree with you and defend their point. You don't need to be a keyboard warrior or a jackass. Just make your point and put the keyboard down. Life will go on.

Last edited:
1. While I don't have the luxury of the contacts I had at ND while I worked for ISD, I still have the connections to the people that have those same connections with Peloquin, Kearny, Rees, etc... Tigers do not change their stripes. The same info the guys I still talk to get from recruits today is the same info I got directly, 7-8 years ago.

2. You've heard stories have you? I find it humoursly rich that you are adamant that I know absolutely nothing about recruiting despite working in the business for a long time, having connections at and around Notre Dame and at one time talking directly to ND recruits (Brian Kelly's recruits) on a daily basis... But you've "heard stories" so you're somehow believable and credible and AI'm notlol? Don't you see the ridiculous irony in that?

Secondly, on that point, if you knew anything about the ins and outside of recruiting, which you evidently don't, you'd know that talking to kids in your office, on game days, before games, on Sundays after games and in their houses once per cycle (the maximum allowed for a HC) is actually the most baseline minimum that a head coach is required to recruit in order to have any success at all. That's as standard as it gets. Every head coach in the country does that. What I've been talking about throughout this thread and what McMillan and Ransom (and others) have talked about for years, is that Brian Kelly rarely does the extras to distinguish himself as a recruiter. The odd time he gets personally involved with a recruit and that usually ends up going well for ND....The problem is that guys like Urban Meyer, Nick Saban (especially when he was younger), Dabo Swinney, Jimbo Fisher, Ryan Day, etc, etc, do that with every top recruit. In fact, they often keep in such close contact that they have a lackey text and DM for them and keep the conversations going, and simply liaise with the coach about content and get him involved at particular times and for particular matters. That's the extremes they go to. Daily conversation. That compared to talking with a recruit a couple times in an entire cycle is crazy if you think you're going to get a bunch of top guys. You're the face of the program. Assistants come and go. They want to know the man running the show.

3. Where did James Franklin come from? What has he won at the level of a Dabo, Meyer, Saban, etc?... He's another Brian Kelly, at a top 15 program, trying to get over the top. I'd take ND's class over his as well. But what's the point? The only classes that matter nationally are those of the contenders, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oregon and Georgia and tactics used by the head coaches at those schools to accumulate the talent that they have that gives them the edge. Everything else is just bullshit. That's what matters.

1. Elite recruiting
2. Great to elite coaching
3. Elite development
4. Elite culture
5. Retention
A whole lot of talking making the same points.

Its pretty impressive that he pulls in top 15 classes every year yet is the terrible recruiter you claim. You talk a whole bunch of bull sh*t. You try to act like you know everything and you're the smartest guy in the room but you dont know much.

Go do your little regional recruiting and he'll pull in his top 10 national class next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT