ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Rees

TR is obviously getting some healthy respect around CFB. Kelly is generally (BVG the exception) an astute guy. He stuck with an unproven Clark Lea when Elko left and Lea has proven to be his best hire. I still would like TR to have a year or two more under a seasoned OC --Morehead or Monken. But I'll defer to the the two time college coach of the year on this one.

Last year our defense carried our O. I predict our defense is going to have growing pains this year (CB and Safety) and we will need our offense to be better. So a solid OC is key.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
TR is obviously getting some healthy respect around CFB. Kelly is generally (BVG the exception) an astute guy. He stuck with an unproven Clark Lea when Elko left and Lea has proven to be his best hire. I still would like TR to have a year or two more under a seasoned OC --Morehead or Monken. But I'll defer to the the two time college coach of the year on this one.

Last year our defense carried our O. I predict our defense is going to have growing pains this year (CB and Safety) and we will need our offense to be better. So a solid OC is key.
I too was really high on Moorhead, but something that made me cold on him was how his offenses played in his 2 years at Mississippi state against good competition. Look at the scores vs anyone with a pulse for Mississippi state the past 2 years

Why do I have the feeling this guy is going to go on to be the next Urban Meyer or something ... ?
Rees will never be able to polish Urban's shoes. Rees will be better off trying for a non power five offensive coordinators position. Maybe, all along it is not on book or PJ. from what I have been reading PJ was a 5 star talent in a lot of people's mind out of high school but they had to change his throwing motion. One poster had it right on the defense carrying the offense. Our biggest knock on Book is he cannot throw
The deep ball with accuracy and he bails out of the pocket to quickly. Now if he puts a little bit more air under the ball than a wide out could run under neath it instead of the line drive he throws. Book will never have a rocket arm like Phil so adjust. I hope Rees gets that position highly inlikely. Kelly has to get this right or he will never win a championship.

I thought for sure I saw Book complete several long passes against I State last month? He played much better without Long in his ear. I'm more comfortable with TR than Moorehead who was fired recently. It appears he's a rougher version of Long. I prefer they continue with the same set up used in the bowl game. That offense could mature into a well oiled offense next fall. You don't have to have an OC. The first OC was named by Dan Devine in 1973-Merv Johnson; recruiting coordinator-Brian Boulac in 1976, and defensive coordinator-Yonto in 1977.

You don't have to have an OC. The first OC was named by Dan Devine in 1973-Merv Johnson; recruiting coordinator-Brian Boulac in 1976, and defensive coordinator-Yonto in 1977.

Yes, we might take measures to secure strategies incorporated some 45 years ago. Surely it will yield positive results.

It appears the staff at Silver Oaks need to reconfigure the access code for the computer lab once again.

Yes, we might take measures to secure strategies incorporated some 45 years ago. Surely it will yield positive results.

It appears the staff at Silver Oaks need to reconfigure the access code for the computer lab once again.
This is a ploy
Kelly asked Oregon to interview Rees so it makes it easier for Kelly to hire Rees as O coordinator. Jeez. Come on.

Don’t ask me how I know this because that would imply you all think I don’t have inside information or know what I’m talking about.

and I don’t. I don’t have a clue.

Reactions: shabak and mirer03
This is a ploy
Kelly asked Oregon to interview Rees so it makes it easier for Kelly to hire Rees as O coordinator. Jeez. Come on.

Don’t ask me how I know this because that would imply you all think I don’t have inside information or know what I’m talking about.

I wondered when somebody would say that bro. Rees will never be good enough for some because he will always be linked to BK and DC situation. Now his connected to the PJ situation without real proof. Each has a right to their opinion. I'm pulling for the young man because of reasoning like this. I want him to have the opportunity to prove his metal in front of his critics. Everybody starts somewhere.

Reactions: theskibro
I wondered when somebody would say that bro. Rees will never be good enough for some because he will always be linked to BK and DC situation. Now his connected to the PJ situation without real proof. Each has a right to their opinion. I'm pulling for the young man because of reasoning like this. I want him to have the opportunity to prove his metal in front of his critics. Everybody starts somewhere.
Ara

I think Rees is going to be a brilliant coach. He has the genes. He has proven even as a player an innate ability to see the defense and get the most out of his limited skill set

I do not want to see another Urban Myer. We should have hired Myer back to ND in some capacity after Bowling Green and groomed him for head coach

so do I like Rees. Yes. Do I want him to be our O coordinator now? No. But I will accept him gladly if Kelly has the balls to hire the kid

I don’t want to lose him

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
Interviewed for the Oregon OC position.

Very interesting

I really do not think it's a forgone conclusion that TR is going to be the next OC. If it was, why has he not been promoted yet? What is the hold up? You would think if that was the direction that they would do it as soon as possible for structure and recruiting.

I really do not think it's a forgone conclusion that TR is going to be the next OC. If it was, why has he not been promoted yet? What is the hold up? You would think if that was the direction that they would do it as soon as possible for structure and recruiting.

They're attempting to find an older coordinator that is willing to work under the same dynamic as the LSU OC and Joe Brady with Rees. And he also has to be okay with keeping Quinn.

Notice how long it's taking? It's an indictment of outside candidates opinion of Rees and Quinn.

BK normally makes all hiring announcements at one time.

Do you have a credible source outside of the typical ND media mouthpieces?

Perhaps from an Oregon news outlet?
Interesting you question someone elses post...after your post was complete speculation.

Do you have any credible information on who Brian Kelly has talked to? Any information on issues with quinn and rees?

Reactions: Pennick4
This is a ploy

Dude? Are you kidding me.

The who isn't important.

The what is extremely important. As in critical.

The what being until Brian Kelly gets away from the offense it won't matter who he can con into coming here.

I say con because it's a dog and pony show. The offense that is. OC is a title only position under Brian Kelly. QB coach is a title only under Brian Kelly. Don Coryell...Bill Walsh... fill in the blank...can come here but when everything still must go through the person who is killing the offense and QB play every season......

The only one that benefits is Brian Kelly by giving him a scapegoat when his lazy, robotic and predictable offense can only muster 3 points in an elite post season game.

Reactions: deadprez3
Do you have a credible source outside of the typical ND media mouthpieces?

Perhaps from an Oregon news outlet?
It's sad that ND and their media partners have been so deceptive and so manipulative for so long that we can't even take their publications seriously/with credibility...but it's the truth.

ISD is definitely apart of the establishment/basically just another wing of NDs PR team. If ND says "jump" ISD asks "how high mi lord?"

Last edited:
Reactions: deadprez3
Interesting you question someone elses post...after your post was complete speculation.

Do you have any credible information on who Brian Kelly has talked to? Any information on issues with quinn and rees?
So...that a NO.

Lol

It's sad that ND and their media partners have been so deceptive and so manipulative for so long that we can't even take their publications seriously/with credibility...but it's the truth.

ISD is definitely apart of the establishment/basically just another wing of NDs PR team. If ND says "jump" ISD asks "how high mi lord?"

Yes, its all quite unseemly.

The press conference "questions" are the worst.

Then of course whenever a coach gets fired they (all publications) knew all along (wink wink) about all the issues and inter workings of the affair.

I mean surely someone would have mentioned at some point how unruly Chip Long was? Since he's left ND we shall believe that he be the devil himself.

And the way they would used to nibble around the edges with BVG? Careful to never say anything too critical. Everyone thought it made perfect sense for Schmidt to be starting over Morgan at the time. Now we have to tolerate the same charade with Quinn.

But recently this purposeful misinformation is becoming beyond the pale. My BS meter really started going off during one of the "The Shamrock" podcast when Sampson when on glowingly about Rees out of nowhere for like 15 minutes. It made no sense at the time but now it makes perfect sense.

And every Spring and Fall camp we have all of these amazing playmakers and bold proclamations yet somehow none of it ever transpires. And then the positions that cause them the most angst in the offseason usually end up being the most benign of issues during the actual season.

Yes, its all quite unseemly.

The press conference "questions" are the worst.

Then of course whenever a coach gets fired they (all publications) knew all along (wink wink) about all the issues and inter workings of the affair.

I mean surely someone would have mentioned at some point how unruly Chip Long was? Since he's left ND we shall believe that he be the devil himself.

And the way they would used to nibble around the edges with BVG? Careful to never say anything too critical. Everyone thought it made perfect sense for Schmidt to be starting over Morgan at the time. Now we have to tolerate the same charade with Quinn.

But recently this purposeful misinformation is becoming beyond the pale. My BS meter really started going off during one of the "The Shamrock" podcast when Sampson when on glowingly about Rees out of nowhere for like 15 minutes. It made no sense at the time but now it makes perfect sense.

And every Spring and Fall camp we have all of these amazing playmakers and bold proclamations yet somehow none of it ever transpires. And then the positions that cause them the most angst in the offseason usually end up being the most benign of issues during the actual season.
You are spot on. Especially the last part of the playmakers and such...

I remember when Lenzy signed...omg he's the next Rocket....blag blah blah

Except as I said a million times world class speed might as well be a 5.5 in the forty when it's not on the field of play.

Ooohhh the apologists want to say he's not ready? Alrighty then.

It's their damn job to make him ready.

Clemson, Bama... OSU...
you know...the schools on a level that we USED to be at......

play their exceptional athletes. Yes even as freshmen. They find a way to get them in the mix.

Those above teams are chock full of depth and could actually afford to make those elite players wait. But.....they.....don't!!!! They play them NOW!!

Not here. No way. Maybe in a blowout we might give Lenzy a reverse handoff...provided he didn't get any new tattoos without permission from the cardinal.

That is a continued theme but you know where it happens? On OFFENSE.
Guess who is involved with the offense?
BRIAN KELLY!!!!

Defense? We play the exceptional freshmen.
Guess who is NOT involved with the defense.
BRIAN KELLY!!!!

It's a complete joke and every year the fans buy up this garbage offensive football.

7 points less than the Pitt Panthers against Clemson.

Absurd!!!!

You are spot on. Especially the last part of the playmakers and such...

I remember when Lenzy signed...omg he's the next Rocket....blag blah blah

Except as I said a million times world class speed might as well be a 5.5 in the forty when it's not on the field of play.

Ooohhh the apologists want to say he's not ready? Alrighty then.

It's their damn job to make him ready.

Clemson, Bama... OSU...
you know...the schools on a level that we USED to be at......

play their exceptional athletes. Yes even as freshmen. They find a way to get them in the mix.

Those above teams are chock full of depth and could actually afford to make those elite players wait. But.....they.....don't!!!! They play them NOW!!

Not here. No way. Maybe in a blowout we might give Lenzy a reverse handoff...provided he didn't get any new tattoos without permission from the cardinal.

That is a continued theme but you know where it happens? On OFFENSE.
Guess who is involved with the offense?
BRIAN KELLY!!!!

Defense? We play the exceptional freshmen.
Guess who is NOT involved with the defense.
BRIAN KELLY!!!!

It's a complete joke and every year the fans buy up this garbage offensive football.

7 points less than the Pitt Panthers against Clemson.

Absurd!!!!

So, so true!!!

Just wait until we hear the mouthpieces lament as to Tyree's inability to pass block and how it be a reasonable explanation of why he shall receive minimal playing time. As if its just unquestionable sound logic. Surely it made sense to keep young Dexter absent of meaningful carries all of his years prior. For although he averaged 7 yards per carry up to that point, he had not yet fully educated himself on the great nuances of pass blocking on the collegiate level.

Meanwhile, we shall have the pleasure of watching Jafar carry the ball parallel to the line of scrimmage until he be dropped behind said line of scrimmage by a fearsome Naval Academy cornerback standing 5'8 and weighing 165 pounds.

Only by perhaps the last quarter of his sophomore year shall we expect it to be anywhere reasonable that young Tyree shall see any type of significant playing time.

And in the hopes of continuing to reduce our team speed on offense while ensuring the much more imperative trait of "experience" we were able to secure the services of the Northwestern receiver who should assuredly assist in accomplishing both those two goals. Thankfully he has blessed this roster and saved us the indignities of having to play inexperienced players such as young Kevin or young Jordan. One can only think in horror of all the mental errors that might transpire on the field by their presence.

Why when we consider a starting offensive skill lineup of Book, Jafar/C'Bo, NW receiver, Lenzy, and Tremble/Wright how can one not believe that victory over Clemson be a mere formality that is all yet finalized on the field of play?

Truthfully, one is never to know of the athletic prowess of any running backs or receivers on the team until they reach their final year of eligibility lest they not yet have acquired all of the experience necessary to be "trusted" by Kelly and be entertained by any meaningful volume of carries or targets. By keeping young Dexter, Chase, and Miles touches to a minimum in years past we were able to avoid sure disaster on the field. Its not as if such events traspired anyways in 2016 nor 2017.

Reactions: 88ND

I see the time off(ban) didn't give you time enough to add brain power.

Christian Parker at CB, IMO.
Rees, Monken or Moorhead as OC.

Lyght seems to like Parker. “I love his energy,” Lyght said of Parker, who is in his first season as defensive quality control coach for the Green Bay Packers. “I love his passion for the game. He was a really, really smart football player, great teacher.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT