ADVERTISEMENT

This team is no different than 2012 team

rivals50

ND Expert
Sep 6, 2009
Lucky escape every other week
If somehow they find a way to get to the playoffs they will get smoked

2012 team was good but poorly coached. Even Alabama players said they were beaten by ND physically but won due to schematics. Bama out coached ND bad. ND OL and DL was legendary. It’s sad.

What? This team would smoke 2012. Virtually every game since the switch at QB and the addition of Dex they put up between 30-50 points per game. That’s outstanding.

Reactions: 88ND
No, we have a better offense this year. Especially the passing game. The defenses are about equal.

Reactions: TOMMY_23

Best a power 5 team on the road who is 13-1 in their last 14 conference games, ****ing did it fumbling on the first drive, giving up a blocked punt, and committing more penalties then the home squad.

This team is nothing like the 2012 squad, those to two teams on the same field would result in 2018 version blowing them out.

Actually NW was lucky we didn’t win by 24! The bs PI call on Boykin costs us 7 and NW probably doesn’t score without the blocked punt on that possession, etc... Last night was not a lucky win, it was lucky for NW that it wasn’t a blow out.

Overall this is a better team, not counting special teams. That’s a whole other issue.

2012 team was good but poorly coached. Even Alabama players said they were beaten by ND physically but won due to schematics. Bama out coached ND bad. ND OL and DL was legendary. It’s sad.
That's some revisionist memory there. ND was outclassed at every position, including coaching. Bama players did say they knew what play was coming most of the game.

What? LOL

ND’s OL wasn’t legendary. NDs DL got dominated in that game too.

Was this so called Bama player high, or simply out of his mind when he said ND beat them physically?

Reactions: chaseball
totally wrong on this. our irish had no offense in 12 where as this team can put up 30 plus pts any weekend. they could possibly get smoked in the playoffs but so can Michigan or anybody else not named Alabama or Clemson

Actually NW was lucky we didn’t win by 24! The bs PI call on Boykin costs us 7 and NW probably doesn’t score without the blocked punt on that possession, etc... Last night was not a lucky win, it was lucky for NW that it wasn’t a blow out.

Yes and two weeks ago Pitt was lucky that we didn't win by 50!

OMG, Alabamy beat the living $hit out of ND in 2012 in every way
Because they were out coached dumb ass. We had individuals whom were much better, but they weren’t put in a position to make plays. That’s probably too complex for you to understand.

Was this so called Bama player high, or simply out of his mind when he said ND beat them physically?
I’m pretty sure Manti and a couple members of that OL would dominate anyone in football and some of those OL and TE’s are dominating everyone in the NFL. I don’t think Bama was better than the entire NFL. You can be better and lose.

I remember a quote after the national championship game...an ND reporter asked an Alabama player what team in the SEC/on their schedule did NDs team best resemble in terms of talent/team quality...and that player said ole miss! :D

Last edited:
BK said on "Game Day" yesterday during an interview that the 2012 team is nothing like this 2018 team. He said 2012 was great individual players. He said 2018 is a collection of good players playing as one unit.

Because they were out coached dumb ass. We had individuals whom were much better, but they weren’t put in a position to make plays. That’s probably too complex for you to understand.
Oh please. Bama was significantly better and ND only had a punchers chance at best. No shame in that. Bama was way better across the board.

Reactions: chitown sot
Overall this is a better team, not counting special teams. That’s a whole other issue.
This team is much better. But you do have to count special teams.... unfortunately.

Even with our horrid special teams this team is miles ahead of 12

Reactions: chitown sot
Trying to remember who the starting wide receivers were on that 2012 team (besides eifert)...was that davarius Daniels last year?

That being said Book is a massive upgrade at qb over freshman golsten and Rees. Defense in 2012 could boast similar top end talent but much less depth across the board. 2018 a much better team, which is a credit to them.

2012 and 2018 couldn’t be more different. Speed vs power, depth vs no depth, dynamic offense vs opportunistic offense, man coverage ability vs almost all zone, 4-3 vs 3-4, etc.

LOL, are you drunk or always this stupid? I said they got beat in every way and that includes coaching idiot. To say that ND had better players is complete nonsense, although I agree bk laid an egg

I’m pretty sure Manti and a couple members of that OL would dominate anyone in football and some of those OL and TE’s are dominating everyone in the NFL. I don’t think Bama was better than the entire NFL. You can be better and lose.
You are delusional. Manti was thinking about how stupid he was going to look in the coming days knowing that he really didn't have a girl friend. His mind wasn't in it, it was obvious he played like $hit

You are delusional. Manti was thinking about how stupid he was going to look in the coming days knowing that he really didn't have a girl friend. His mind wasn't in it, it was obvious he played like $hit

Don’t forget Kelly just interviewed w the Eagles that week too. That team could have certainly played much better than it did. We had a lot of nfl talent on the field and never came mentally prepared. Not saying ND was going to win but it should have been closer.

This is a much more athletic team-----we're a ton faster----not as powerful on the LOS defensively but we have much better team speed.

Offensively it isn't close-----our QB play and skill guys are just better overall.

Bump...

Was hoping ND surprises me but about what i expected..
It was a really good year with a disappointing end... No shame in losing by 7-10 points in a competitive game but this was embarrassing.. Sad part is we are not even playing Alabama. If we ever want to win we need to have same academic standards for athletes as Alabama Clemson, Georgia..

Another ignorant post from a power loser. What else is new? So many people mad that ND is 9-0.
1.Kelly Haters
2.Faux ND fans
3.Regular Haters

It is truly a special season! Lets make FSU another miserable week for the malcontents! 9-0 baby!
Nice call, genius.

I don’t know what is a bigger joke this thread or ND’s football program and the fact they claim they want to compete for natty’s. By compete does JS mean fool the world that we are competing for championships while the school sits here and counts the cash they make of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT