ADVERTISEMENT

This isn't a BVG problem, so stop acting like it is.

hunchback_of_nd

I've posted how many times?
Sep 14, 2005
This team lacks discipline. Its a head coaching issue. Let's review - guys fair catching balls on the two yard line, 3-4-5 fumbles on the offensive side of the ball, silly stupid penalties, inability to snap and hold on kicks, having too many men on the field, inability to get the play calls in, using stupid time outs, guys mouthing off to the head coach on the sidelines, groups of players cheating rampantly in class, players flunking out, groups of players with guns and pot in cars, missing tackles, lack of fundamentals, guys lost in coverage, guys totally lost out on the field, guys making the wrong fits, filling the wrong gaps, taking bad angles on tackles, on and on and on and the sad thing is its been this way since day one with the team continuously shooting itself in the foot at each and every turn. This team is sloppy and you can see it from one end of the program to the other, from strength and conditioning on down.

These are things you NEVER NEVER see in nick saban, urban meyer, or jim harbaugh coached teams. Have you ever seen video of what Nick Saban looks like when one of his players fails to demonstrate fundamentals in practice? He goes completely berzerk. Lou Holtz was the same way. When I was at Notre Dame i was friends with a few footballs players and they would tell you - you were scared shitless of coach holtz. The man simply did not put up mistakes. I saw coach holtz DRAG a dude off the field by the face mask for making a stupid penalty. He didn't put up with crap.

The discipline issue is a program killer and its magnitude is amplified moreso on defense. Yes BVG is a disaster, but, unfortunately there's a more sinister problem here. Its lack of discipline that leads to lack of fundamentals that leads to lack of tackling that leads to lack of wins. Jettisoning BVG will not fix this.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Creeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News