ADVERTISEMENT

There’s your second “statement” win

NDHHI

Shakes Down The Thunder
Oct 13, 2016
BK has beaten Michigan and now Standford within the last 5 weeks. We all bitch about not winning in prime time and we have 2 already against ranked teams in which we claim we should win that the whole country witnessed. We not only won but won in ALL phases of the game. The D line looked like one from the SEC. Jerry is rentless. Dexter...are you kidding me!!?? What a weapon so glad to have him back for the season.

Ian Book...my boys we have a QB. Gets the ball out so quick and meshes beautifully with Longs game plan/scheme. Myles and him have great chemistry carrying over from the bowl game. Dude is a gamer. Wake Forest was one thing, showed he has the stuff to beat the big dogs.

Top to bottom we looked so solid. Take your Brian Kelly statement wins and like it. Irish!!!!!

We have ourselves a gamer at Qb. Kid has the 'it' factor. I would take us over every team not named Alabama right now.

If we keep improving as the season goes on we could be scary good

The schedule 2nd half of season will be just as difficult and we will need some more statement wins to get to playoffs.

They should jump Clemson, or should I say Clemson falls behind ND
Agree. Clemson is by far the least impressive of the remaining undefeated teams. Unfortunately, their joke of a schedule probably guarantees them a playoff spot. What a farce !

Alabama- played no one. They’re conducting scrimmages until Mid OCT

Clemson - played one decent team and almost lost. Down double digits at one point. Needed a miracle and terrible game management from SYR to win

Georgia- Played No One

Oklahoma- Played No One

OSU - played one tough game and was down double digits with 5 minutes to go. Lucky to win.

ND - trailed for 2 minutes all season and beaten two Top15 teams. Let me also stress, we beat up those two Top15 teams.

Hmmm. Who has the more impressive resume?

It’s a cliche’ but every game is huge and none are going to be easy. “One game at a time” has to be the mentality if you are a coach and player. Being 5 and 0 at this point is great. However, as we all know, it doesn’t guarantee anything. This team needs to continue to stay focused on the job at hand. Great win ! This is a day to enjoy the victory over Stanford. Then onto Va. Tech. Regardless of their surprising loss to Old Dominion, they will be fired up and eager to make a statement of their own. ND will be in a very hostile environment, really for the first time all year. This game will tells us a lot. The Irish will need a complete performance in a three phases. Special teams must play perfect in this game. I’m looking forward to next week. It should be a great atmosphere. Go Irish !!

Alabama- played no one. They’re conducting scrimmages until Mid OCT

Clemson - played one decent team and almost lost. Down double digits at one point. Needed a miracle and terrible game management from SYR to win

Georgia- Played No One

Oklahoma- Played No One

OSU - played one tough game and was down double digits with 5 minutes to go. Lucky to win.

ND - trailed for 2 minutes all season and beaten two Top15 teams. Let me also stress, we beat up those two Top15 teams.

Hmmm. Who has the more impressive resume?
OSU lucky to win ? There's a reason they consistently win games with 4th quarter comebacks time after time against talented teams. PSU and Michigan last year - PSU and TCU already this year. Call it what you want but the reality is they have more great players than the opposing team and it shows up (depth-wise) late in the game - whether you want to admit it or not. I'm still sick over last year's UM-OSU game but their late game charges is not luck or an accident.

OSU lucky to win ? There's a reason they consistently win games with 4th quarter comebacks time after time against talented teams. PSU and Michigan last year - PSU and TCU already this year. Call it what you want but the reality is they have more great players than the opposing team and it shows up (depth-wise) late in the game - whether you want to admit it or not. I'm still sick over last year's UM-OSU game but their late game charges is not luck or an accident.

You’re damn right they were lucky. Being down 12 with six minutes to go is hardly “got them were we want them” territory.

Last edited:
who's the poster who basically said ND had no signature wins because if they were that good to begin with they'd have not lost to ND

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT