ADVERTISEMENT

"The Way We Hear It: Brian Kelly wants out of South Bend, but no NFL team wants him"

Well strictly based on his results at ND he's more likely to win 10+ then win less then 8 like 2016. He's won 10+ twice, 8-9 3x, and 4 once. So if we're comparing it to the powerball, I think that is unfair, it's not billions to one, it's more like in a 2 in 6 chance for 10 wins.
yes, but he's won 8 games with teams a lot more experienced and talented. Also, the pressure will be immense and generally that leads to mistakes which leads to losses.

I'll make you a gentleman's wager Kelly does not win 10 games.

So you took other coaches to mean Kelly, I see. Again, you have no proof. You

Why don't you follow your own advice.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../jim-harbaugh-rams-rumor-michigan-jeff-fisher
So you took other coaches to mean Kelly, I see. Again, you have no proof. You

Why don't you follow your own advice.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../jim-harbaugh-rams-rumor-michigan-jeff-fisher
Here you go, he says they come from the main three coaches. His quote. Most have widely attributed it to osu, nd, and msu as the 3 teams, although that article states penn st before mentioning nd.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-made-up-by-our-enemies-who-are-jive-turkeys/

You'd like me to stop because it ruins the credibility of the report and you just so want bk gone as fast as possible. Sorry reality is on my side here. I'll just assume you are out of town stupid on Hub and his consistent schilling for UM over the years.
Yeah, Harbaugh being concerned with kelly is about as preposterous as it gets. kelly is a laughingstock right now. Did you happen to see what Harbaugh did to the southern cal juggernaut and pete carroll in game 5 of his Stanford tenure? He had taken over a program that went 1-11 the prior year and was 16-40 in the prior 5 years. He dismantled #1 southern cal with rubber bands and bubble gum in that game. He authored the single greatest upset vs the spread in cfb history. kelly couldn't shine his shoes. Your suggestion that he contributed to a rumor to belittle kelly is idiotic. kelly is doing just fine with that on his own.

yes, but he's won 8 games with teams a lot more experienced and talented. Also, the pressure will be immense and generally that leads to mistakes which leads to losses.

I'll make you a gentleman's wager Kelly does not win 10 games.
I wouldn't take that wager. I do believe Kelly has reached his shelf life at ND and that weighs on him. Look I am in the camp that thinks we need to part ways. I think bk wants to move on and start fresh. But it can't be right now, it's too detrimental to both sides.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
You don't have proof that the source of the Harbaugh to the Rams story came from Kelly. Harbaugh doesn't need help to out recruit ND. He's more concerned about out recruiting the likes of Ohio State and Alabama and Clemson. You see he wants to get Michigan a national title in the not so distant future and unlike your hero Brian Kelly if Harbaugh or his reps picked up the phone and called about an NFL job, he would get it and probably close to 10 million dollars a year to do it. Get off the crack pipe.
Eric Dickerson was suggesting Harbaugh to the Rams on the stupid radio show he does with Fred Roggin. He brought it up on multiple occasions in the last few weeks and was suggesting that the Rams should go after him...

Here you go, he says they come from the main three coaches. His quote. Most have widely attributed it to osu, nd, and msu as the 3 teams, although that article states penn st before mentioning nd.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-made-up-by-our-enemies-who-are-jive-turkeys/
You are just full of it.
"Harbaugh didn’t specify who those “jive turkeys” were, but speculation immediately centered on a trio of rival Big Ten coaches in Ohio State’s Urban Meyer, Michigan State’s Mark Dantonio and Penn State’s James Franklin." ND was an afterthought....

"Most have widely attributed it to osu, nd, and msu as the 3 teams, although that article states penn st before mentioning nd". Most meaning you...

You are just full of it.
"Harbaugh didn’t specify who those “jive turkeys” were, but speculation immediately centered on a trio of rival Big Ten coaches in Ohio State’s Urban Meyer, Michigan State’s Mark Dantonio and Penn State’s James Franklin." ND was an afterthought....

"Most have widely attributed it to osu, nd, and msu as the 3 teams, although that article states penn st before mentioning nd". Most meaning you...
Disengenuous to cut that quote in the article before nd was mentioned, even though I was forthright in saying penn st was mentioned first. Also, nobody thinks of penn st as some storied rivalry of Michigan. Not that it's nd's top rivalry but if you asked a um fan to list its top rivalries it'd likely go osu, msu, then nd. But whatever. Nd was an afterthought ok.

I wouldn't take that wager. I do believe Kelly has reached his shelf life at ND and that weighs on him. Look I am in the camp that thinks we need to part ways. I think bk wants to move on and start fresh. But it can't be right now, it's too detrimental to both sides.

Cut your losses now. Why waste another year? Another year of Kelly will hurt more in the long run. That's why ND should cut their losses. Get on with the inevitable.

just a note of reminder, regarding Kelly, this is not just an issue of W's and L's. There is more to it, why he is just bad for ND.

Reactions: cgvr
just a note of reminder, regarding Kelly, this is not just an issue of W's and L's. There is more to it, why he is just bad for ND.

If you read what Hub said or heard him on TV last night, he made it very clear, that the coaching industry and many of those associated with pro and college football do not consider Kelly a "good fit" for ND. These problems are above and beyond the W's and L's. Each year we have the same conversations about him and the program. The program is decaying and it is irreversible. Swarbrick needs to be held accountable for the mess we have and the bigger mess we will have in the coming months. That's reality.

Just a rumor ,deep down Kelly wants to leave ,but I doubt his agent has any chance of landing a head coaching job in the pros, Bills, Chiefs, Bears. The newspapers and fans in those towns would have a complete melt down .

Says who? Jack? The BOT? The real decision makers? Or a bunch of boobs on the internet who anonymously talk behind self-given nicknames?

If you read what Hub said or heard him on TV last night, he made it very clear, that the coaching industry and many of those associated with pro and college football do not consider Kelly a "good fit" for ND. These problems are above and beyond the W's and L's. Each year we have the same conversations about him and the program. The program is decaying and it is irreversible. Swarbrick needs to be held accountable for the mess we have and the bigger mess we will have in the coming months. That's reality.
I would agree w that.

Kelly wants an NFL head coaching job, but no one is listening
No, Notre Dame doesn’t have a professional football team, even if some of its alumni believe they have the equivalent.

But while social media churns and the Notre Dame alums debate over whether or not Brian Kelly should keep his job as the school’s head football coach, we’re hearing Kelly is turning over every rock to find himself a job in the NFL.

According to our sources, Kelly’s representatives are on speed dial with every team in the league trying to find one that might have interest in Kelly as their next head coach. But not only are there no takers, there apparently is no one even interested in listening.

Many feel Kelly has never been a good fit in South Bend, and his 4-8 2016 campaign and a recent decision by the NCAA voiding all of his team’s 2012 (12-0, lost BCS championship game to Alabama) and 2013 (8-4) victories has him doing everything he can to try and get out of town ahead of the posse, we're told.

Sadly for Kelly and possibly for Notre Dame, too, no one in the NFL seems to want him.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...south-bend-but-no-nfl-team-wants-him/ampxssw/

More media Fake news

Disengenuous to cut that quote in the article before nd was mentioned, even though I was forthright in saying penn st was mentioned first. Also, nobody thinks of penn st as some storied rivalry of Michigan. Not that it's nd's top rivalry but if you asked a um fan to list its top rivalries it'd likely go osu, msu, then nd. But whatever. Nd was an afterthought ok.
Actually it's disingenuous to substitute your conjecture for the author's conjecture.

hard to believe how far the program has decended since Kelly caught lightening in a bottle in 2012!

Only fans that have followed recruiting fully grasp the degree of falloff! Clearly Swarbrick knows very little about football recruiting or program building. Everyday, the contenders are distancing themselves from ND.
Soon ND will be a weak link on the SOS for those contenders. ND needs to start to dumb down it's schedule quickly to avoid becoming a doormat!

Reactions: Java65
Kelly seems destined for the NFL at some point. He doesn't have that rah-rah college personality IMO.

hard to believe how far the program has decended since Kelly caught lightening in a bottle in 2012!

Only fans that have followed recruiting fully grasp the degree of falloff! Clearly Swarbrick knows very little about football recruiting or program building. Everyday, the contenders are distancing themselves from ND.
Soon ND will be a weak link on the SOS for those contenders. ND needs to start to dumb down it's schedule quickly to avoid becoming a doormat!
At this point, you're trolling, pers. Get a grip.

I've said it 100x and I truly believe this... Manti was Kelly's Cam Newton.

409:
at this point I am convinced your relationship to Kelly greatly exceeds your interest in ND
Trying to assassinate the poster/messenger is an old failed tactic at this point. You have very little supporting argument in favor of Kelly; if anything at all. The abscence of any possible positive, coupled with your steadfast loyalty to Kelly contradicts you being a ND fan! That is the state of you.

Everything I have posted over the years re Kelly has come about; everything in the above post is a pretty accurate a description of the state of the ND program.

Time for you to go on iggy; not much sense in reading empty propaganda with absolutely zero support nor content.

To others, I warn, to much exposure to that dribble may be hazardous to your mental health; for no reason.

Pers, once again, you're simply wrong. I have no relationship w Kelly. I'm simply a fan. I've been posting since long before Kelly was hired.

I posted on this site less than a month ago: I wanted Jack to make a change.

The facts of the matter are: he didn't make a change, and made it very very clear that Kelly will be the coach next season. I will support ND unconditionally. If BK is the coach, then I'll be in his corner.

Pers, once again, you're simply wrong. I have no relationship w Kelly. I'm simply a fan. I've been posting since long before Kelly was hired.

I posted on this site less than a month ago: I wanted Jack to make a change.

The facts of the matter are: he didn't make a change, and made it very very clear that Kelly will be the coach next season. I will support ND unconditionally. If BK is the coach, then I'll be in his corner.
Unconditional support can also be labeled an enabler.

409:
at this point I am convinced your relationship to Kelly greatly exceeds your interest in ND
Trying to assassinate the poster/messenger is an old failed tactic at this point. You have very little supporting argument in favor of Kelly; if anything at all. The abscence of any possible positive, coupled with your steadfast loyalty to Kelly contradicts you being a ND fan! That is the state of you.

Everything I have posted over the years re Kelly has come about; everything in the above post is a pretty accurate a description of the state of the ND program.

Time for you to go on iggy; not much sense in reading empty propaganda with absolutely zero support nor content.

To others, I warn, to much exposure to that dribble may be hazardous to your mental health; for no reason.

Wow, I was just thinking the same thing about your dribble.........I felt sorry when I thought you might have been hurt or worse when you stopped posting for a few days but I realize now that was just a break from some negativity for a few pleasant days..........your Narcissistic Personality Disorder is in full-bore mode again.........you have earned the ignore button.

gotta wonder about these new contracts to the newly hired assistants. A smart move on their part would be to rent not buy.
Swarbrick is really compounding this whole fiasco!

gotta wonder about these new contracts to the newly hired assistants. A smart move on their part would be to rent not buy.
Swarbrick is really compounding this whole fiasco!
They could move into the local trailer park where some of the Kelly cockroaches live!

Kelly wants an NFL head coaching job, but no one is listening
No, Notre Dame doesn’t have a professional football team, even if some of its alumni believe they have the equivalent.

But while social media churns and the Notre Dame alums debate over whether or not Brian Kelly should keep his job as the school’s head football coach, we’re hearing Kelly is turning over every rock to find himself a job in the NFL.

According to our sources, Kelly’s representatives are on speed dial with every team in the league trying to find one that might have interest in Kelly as their next head coach. But not only are there no takers, there apparently is no one even interested in listening.

Many feel Kelly has never been a good fit in South Bend, and his 4-8 2016 campaign and a recent decision by the NCAA voiding all of his team’s 2012 (12-0, lost BCS championship game to Alabama) and 2013 (8-4) victories has him doing everything he can to try and get out of town ahead of the posse, we're told.

Sadly for Kelly and possibly for Notre Dame, too, no one in the NFL seems to want him.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...south-bend-but-no-nfl-team-wants-him/ampxssw/
All so much BS - no names and no facts and no sources means no story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT