ADVERTISEMENT

The next coming of Rockne-- a lights out hire

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
The amount of accolades young Sanford is getting is off the charts

Could CBK be setting ND up for his successor and maybe the next great coach at ND?

Is this a moment we will look back at as the renaissance of ND football? First CBK comes aboard and dramatically fixes and transforms a dormant program badly in need of a COACH. Because COACHES MATTER.

And in a few years what might we have in this lad who happens to be Catholic, happens to be the son of a former ND assistant coach, and happens to be a brilliant football mind ala Rockne and Leahy?

A lot of hype I know. But maybe......

I love what his former coach Dan Hawkins of Boise State said about him

.... Hawkins said he hasn't spoken to Sanford about whether or not Notre Dame has offered a job. But as Irish247 reported, the Boise State offensive coordinator is expected to be the Irish's new offensive coordinator. If true, Hawkins believes Irish coach Brian Kelly has made a top-notch hire.

"I think it's lights-out," said Hawkins. "I think it's excellent. I think he's a proven guy who has been around the academic thing, the spiritual thing. His background, the fact that he was a ball boy there with his dad. This is a guy who has been at Yale, he's been at Western Kentucky, he's been at Stanford. Came back to Boise.

"As a recruiter, top-notch. As a coach, as a person, as a spiritual fit there, as an academic fit there. He's the whole deal. I think it's a lights-out hire."

---------- Hawkins: Sanford Would Be ‘Lights-Out’ Hire At Notre Dame.

As Irish247 first reported on Feb. 11, we expect Mike Sanford to be the next offensive coordinator at Notre Dame. The Boise State assistant led a Broncos offense that averaged nearly 40 points per game and tallied slightly fewer than 500 yards of total offense in the a 12-2 season last fall.
7_974860.jpg
Mike Sanford is expected to be Notre Dame's next offensive coordinator.

Sanford was Boise State’s backup quarterback from 2000-04 and played behind Jared Zabransky his senior year. Then-Boise State head coach, Dan Hawkins, didn’t select Sanford to start on the field. But as a coach, Hawkins believes Sanford would be a top-notch hire for Notre Dame.

“To me, I think he’s got the full package and clearly there, being a loyal Catholic guy myself, I think he embodies all the things that Notre Dame is about,” said Hawkins. “And it is football, it’s very good football and it’s winning football, but it’s also other things too. And I think he gets that whole big picture.”

Despite spending most of his time at Boise State on the sideline, Hawkins said Sanford's preparation was second to none.

“He was very steady,” Hawkins said. “He always knew what was going on. He was vey much into it – prepared like he was going to play every snap. You knew that if you went to him he’d be ready. He was very supportive of everybody else on the team. A good leader. All those things that you’d want out of your quarterback.

The background of Sanford's father, who spent time as an assistant coach with Southern Cal, Notre Dame, the San Diego Chargers and Stanford among other stops, also benefitted his son.

“It’s huge,” Hawkins said. “I think he just understands all of it. There are so many subtleties that go along with it. It’s not just the X’s and O’s. It’s the intensity, it’s the competitiveness, it’s the organization, it’s the details.

“All the little nuances that make everything go. He was just a football junkie. He was always around the office. He was a gym rat. And that’s the benefit of him growing up around it and just observing it first-hand.”

Sanford, a former assistant coach at Stanford, was able to play more of a mentoring role from the sideline next to Hawkins. Zabransky ran the plays, but Sanford was able to pick up everything from a different perspective.

“He was always kind of the assistant coach on the sideline,” Hawkins said. “He was always being able to directly help the other guys and knew what was going on and stayed tapped in and be sort of a mentor to the guy who was on the field.”

Through his experiences as a player and assistant coach on a number of teams, Sanford's coaching philosophies have been shaped. That includes being a flexible offensive mind.

“I think he gets the whole concept that it is a players game and it’s about loving those guys up,” said Hawkins. “It’s about making those guys feel good about themselves and he gets the fact that it’s about what the players can do. What can they do and how can you help them do what they do better.

“Clearly he’s been in a very multi-faceted offense. He’s not been branded in one scheme or another. I think he totally understands and believes in the run game and the play-action pass game and the quarterback’s got to be protected.

“I think he understands that the quarterback’s got to be allowed to have a system that allows him to flourish. That’s protection, that’s check downs, that’s reads, that’s decision making. I think he’s got a pretty good background.”

Sanford's personality and background are two areas Hawkins believes would help him on the recruiting trail at Notre Dame.

“He loves the players and he’s a very good person,” Hawkins said. “And yeah, he knows football and yeah, he knows how to win and all of that. He’s a guy that you want your son to play for because you know he’s going to love them and take care of them and be concerned about them as people and off the field, as well as understand how to take care of them as a football player.

“And obviously the parent that wants their kid to go to Notre Dame wants to win football games and go to the NFL but also understands the big picture. There’s an academic side to it, there’s a social side to it, there’s a spiritual side to it.

“Everybody wants to win a national championship and play in the NFL, but you also understand that’s a small snippet of your life. There’s a bigger part of your life. And I think Mike, that’s an authentic part of who he is.”

If Sanford comes to Notre Dame, he would immediately face a quarterback competition that could determine the Irish offense’s identity this fall. Everett Golson who has worked in a spread system.

Hawkins thinks Sanford would handle the competition well and both quarterbacks would take to his role as a mentor on and away from the gridiron.

“He would be great,” Hawkins said. “He’s going to be very genuinely interested in both guys. It’s not just going to be about production for him. I think they’re going to get a sense of how much he cares about them as people and really wants to see them develop as players and as people. And Mike’s not hung up on the system.

“I think Brian Kelly’s going to determine what that is anyway. Mike just wants those guys to be really good at what they do. And then the guy who’s best at what he does will end up being the starting quarterback.”

This post was edited on 2/13 3:08 PM by theskibro

This post was edited on 2/13 3:15 PM by theskibro

Reactions: Bodizephax
Also, keep your eye on Todd Lyght.

Man that's going to be a boost to our secondary.

Plus, I see HC in his future too....

imo These are 2 massive adrenaline shots...

Sanford is a great hire and I am very excited. However, I do not think all of hyperbole is wise/warranted.

I do not believe Jack Swarbrick would hire someone for ND HC without other 1-A HC experience. We've seen that story play out enough times.

Originally posted by MTIrish98:
Sanford is a great hire and I am very excited. However, I do not think all of hyperbole is wise/warranted.

I do not believe Jack Swarbrick would hire someone for ND HC without other 1-A HC experience. We've seen that story play out enough times.
Agreed, nor should he. Having said that, if this guy is extremely successful working with the offense, I could see him getting an "assistant head coach" type of role for whoever they hired as well as heading up the recruiting.

right there with the news of TE'O, Jaylon, Tuitt, Williams.... Outstanding! I think this is a long term benefit for ND and it's fans.

Good hiring - good recruiting - coach Kelly gettin it done
Originally posted by theskibro:

Could CBK be setting ND up for his successor and maybe the next great coach at ND?

Is this a moment we will look back at as the renaissance of ND football? First CBK comes aboard and dramatically fixes and transforms a dormant program badly in need of a COACH. Because COACHES MATTER.

And in a few years what might we have in this lad who happens to be Catholic, happens to be the son of a former ND assistant coach, and happens to be a brilliant football mind ala Rockne and Leahy?

.... Hawkins said he hasn't spoken to Sanford about whether or not Notre Dame has offered a job. But as Irish247 reported, the Boise State offensive coordinator is expected to be the Irish's new offensive coordinator. If true, Hawkins believes Irish coach Brian Kelly has made a top-notch hire.

"I think it's lights-out," said Hawkins. "I think it's excellent. I think he's a proven guy who has been around the academic thing, the spiritual thing. His background, the fact that he was a ball boy there with his dad. This is a guy who has been at Yale, he's been at Western Kentucky, he's been at Stanford. Came back to Boise.

"As a recruiter, top-notch. As a coach, as a person, as a spiritual fit there, as an academic fit there. He's the whole deal. I think it's a lights-out hire."

---------- Hawkins: Sanford Would Be 'Lights-Out' Hire At Notre Dame.

As Irish247 first reported on Feb. 11, we expect Mike Sanford to be the next offensive coordinator at Notre Dame. The Boise State assistant led a Broncos offense that averaged nearly 40 points per game and tallied slightly fewer than 500 yards of total offense in the a 12-2 season last fall.
ec

Sanford was Boise State's backup quarterback from 2000-04 and played behind Jared Zabransky his senior year. Then-Boise State head coach, Dan Hawkins, didn't select Sanford to start on the field. But as a coach, Hawkins believes Sanford would be a top-notch hire for Notre Dame.

"To me, I think he's got the full package and clearly there, being a loyal Catholic guy myself, I think he embodies all the things that Notre Dame is about," said Hawkins. "And it is football, it's very good football and it's winning football, but it's also other things too. And I think he gets that whole big picture."

Despite spending most of his time at Boise State on the sideline, Hawkins said Sanford's preparation was second to none.

"He was very steady," Hawkins said. "He always knew what was going on. He was vey much into it - prepared like he was going to play every snap. You knew that if you went to him he'd be ready. He was very supportive of everybody else on the team. A good leader. All those things that you'd want out of your quarterback.

The background of Sanford's father, who spent time as an assistant coach with Southern Cal, Notre Dame, the San Diego Chargers and Stanford among other stops, also benefitted his son.

"It's huge," Hawkins said. "I think he just understands all of it. There are so many subtleties that go along with it. It's not just the X's and O's. It's the intensity, it's the competitiveness, it's the organization, it's the details.

"All the little nuances that make everything go. He was just a football junkie. He was always around the office. He was a gym rat. And that's the benefit of him growing up around it and just observing it first-hand."

Sanford, a former assistant coach at Stanford, was able to play more of a mentoring role from the sideline next to Hawkins. Zabransky ran the plays, but Sanford was able to pick up everything from a different perspective.

"He was always kind of the assistant coach on the sideline," Hawkins said. "He was always being able to directly help the other guys and knew what was going on and stayed tapped in and be sort of a mentor to the guy who was on the field."

Through his experiences as a player and assistant coach on a number of teams, Sanford's coaching philosophies have been shaped. That includes being a flexible offensive mind.

"I think he gets the whole concept that it is a players game and it's about loving those guys up," said Hawkins. "It's about making those guys feel good about themselves and he gets the fact that it's about what the players can do. What can they do and how can you help them do what they do better.

"Clearly he's been in a very multi-faceted offense. He's not been branded in one scheme or another. I think he totally understands and believes in the run game and the play-action pass game and the quarterback's got to be protected.

"I think he understands that the quarterback's got to be allowed to have a system that allows him to flourish. That's protection, that's check downs, that's reads, that's decision making. I think he's got a pretty good background."

Sanford's personality and background are two areas Hawkins believes would help him on the recruiting trail at Notre Dame.

"He loves the players and he's a very good person," Hawkins said. "And yeah, he knows football and yeah, he knows how to win and all of that. He's a guy that you want your son to play for because you know he's going to love them and take care of them and be concerned about them as people and off the field, as well as understand how to take care of them as a football player.

"And obviously the parent that wants their kid to go to Notre Dame wants to win football games and go to the NFL but also understands the big picture. There's an academic side to it, there's a social side to it, there's a spiritual side to it.

"Everybody wants to win a national championship and play in the NFL, but you also understand that's a small snippet of your life. There's a bigger part of your life. And I think Mike, that's an authentic part of who he is."

If Sanford comes to Notre Dame, he would immediately face a quarterback competition that could determine the Irish offense's identity this fall. Everett Golson who has worked in a spread system.

Hawkins thinks Sanford would handle the competition well and both quarterbacks would take to his role as a mentor on and away from the gridiron.

"He would be great," Hawkins said. "He's going to be very genuinely interested in both guys. It's not just going to be about production for him. I think they're going to get a sense of how much he cares about them as people and really wants to see them develop as players and as people. And Mike's not hung up on the system.

"I think Brian Kelly's going to determine what that is anyway. Mike just wants those guys to be really good at what they do. And then the guy who's best at what he does will end up being the starting quarterback."

It all depends on kelly's willingness to change and part with certain levels of "control".

It'll be a shame if Sanford gets stuck in 1st gear by the purple knucklehead......

I have no worries at all about Lyght on the other side of the ball as he will impose his will.

I'm sure kelly will stay out of TL's way.

Originally posted by MTIrish98:

Except...

we had a 27 year old assistant who left, took a head job at Bowling Green, turned them around in one year, went to Utah, made them a top ten team, then Florida, then... OSU...

I agree in most cases, and I am getting way ahead of myself here, but WHY NOT? if you have a guy who is that good, give it a try... Davie had none of the hype when he was hired and Weis had never coached a game of college football... Neither had Faust for that matter...

I would not make blanket statements like that.

Imagine if UM had taken the ND job in 2001?

Don

As Vinny from the movie " my Blue Heaven" wouls say-- I am wit u

Coaches like Urban only come along once in a long while. If Sanford is the real deal, then I say screw the HC experience

Hire him when CBK leaves

I would never say that after we have been burnt except for the promise of an exceptional guy.

Getting way ahead of ourselves here but if we do not make Sanford the HC after CBIk , then he goes soon where else to make history

So a two time coach of the yr who's teams avg well into the mid to upper thirties is going to hand his offense over to a 32 yr old who has never faced the defenses on ND's schedule

complete and utter nonsense -- it was a good hire - hopefully a great hire - next Urban Meyer - next HC of ND -- Dear Lord

Kid better be really really good at recruiting or he will be looking for another job in 2 yrs
This post was edited on 2/13 10:17 PM by continuallyirish

Really?

Thank you.

I'm guessing that your conclusion is as formidable as your IQ.

kelly better get his purple vulgar head out of his butt.

I wish swarbrick had told him to keep going the minute "Eagles" came out of his mouth.

kelly isn't worthy of ND.

He's a putz.

Perhaps he'll have an off season epiphany...

He needs one.

continually

The proof -- like u say -- will be in the pudding

I am just showing the unbelievable hype that is out there for this guy

And then doing an illustration that paints a picture of what can be

For now, we have a great coach. I am happy with that

Do we have whipped cream on top of our sundae?

Continually, u want a spoon? Or are you gonna wait on dessert?

Sounds like u are gonna hold off on the sweet cream

I am extremely excited about this hire and I really think Sanford will do a great job as OC at ND, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just let the guy be a great OC first and resist the urge to project forward. There simply aren't that many Mark Helfrichs and Dabo Swinneys out there - young hotshot assistant coaches that immediately became successful HC's at large programs. Think about Dana Holgorsen, Kliff Kingsbury, and even Lane Kiffin. All 3 were the "it" up and comers when they were handed the reins at their respective programs and I think it's fair to say all 3 have struggled more than they've succeeded. Fortunately for all 3 they are still young and, with more seasoning, could turn out to be great HC's someday (not that I'm rooting for Kiffin), but they might have been better off establishing themselves as HC's at smaller programs first and working their way up like Meyer did. Now, if Sanford turns our offense into a juggernaut and we win a few NC's before Kelly decides to move on then I reserve the right to reconsider my stance when Kelly leaves.

if Urban had accepted the job, we all have beenn singing " kum ba yah " ; no rending of garments and knashing of teeth.

Originally posted by Bumpdaddy:
I am extremely excited about this hire and I really think Sanford will do a great job as OC at ND, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just let the guy be a great OC first and resist the urge to project forward. There simply aren't that many Mark Helfrichs and Dabo Swinneys out there - young hotshot assistant coaches that immediately became successful HC's at large programs. Think about Dana Holgorsen, Kliff Kingsbury, and even Lane Kiffin. All 3 were the "it" up and comers when they were handed the reins at their respective programs and I think it's fair to say all 3 have struggled more than they've succeeded. Fortunately for all 3 they are still young and, with more seasoning, could turn out to be great HC's someday (not that I'm rooting for Kiffin), but they might have been better off establishing themselves as HC's at smaller programs first and working their way up like Meyer did. Now, if Sanford turns our offense into a juggernaut and we win a few NC's before Kelly decides to move on then I reserve the right to reconsider my stance when Kelly leaves.
This is a shining example of a balanced and objective post. Can you imagine if all posts were simply a combination of facts and opinions without the petty insults and name calling?

Job well done!

GO IRISH!

This post was edited on 2/14 8:11 AM by IRISH_FRIAR

Friar the next "big thing" is out there; who knows maybe, just maybe ND has found him! Hope against hope!

Ski

I too am excited about the hire of coach Sanford. That was a great read. Thanks

Continual

Coach Kelly I a good coach.
Coach Meyer is a great coach.

See the difference.

If coach Kelly wants to become a great coach he will let this young man build the offense because it seems to have been a problem for him here.

You speak of coach Kelly as if his offensive had great accomplishment but yet you leave out the down falls aka extremely high turnover rate and extrmly poor red zone scoring.

This is an excellent hire considering he turned a great coach down to be his OC.

Agree DIP and Ski,

Urban just proved that he is the best in college football, yes, that includes Saban... Look at his record over the years!

Kelly is top ten, if he brings us home this year... top five. He's brought us back but this year is key.

I am amazed that after 5 years we have yet to see this "high octane" offense that was anticipated.

What is our offensive identity? Hint: None

Look no further than the opening play of 2013.

We get nailed for having 13 men on the field. How can a season start like that?

Crazily, the guy that wasn't supposed to be on the field was O captain TJ Jones.

Who starts a season by benching their captain?

Our offense has burned more timeouts than parents with 4 kids under 5.

It's an embarrassing joke.

Special teams anyone? Defense anyone?

Yes, '12 was a magical season and wonderful accomplishment, but there was no foundation built.

Plus, that season was anchored by as kelly said himself not his guys...

kelly isn't striking fear in any sidelines I know of....

He needs an epiphany....towards fundamentally sound, disciplined, smart, hard nosed football....

He has/had more than enough talent

This post was edited on 2/14 1:08 PM by cgvr

What is really embarrassing is watching cgvr fraudulently parading around as an Irish fan or graduate.

Don't confuse being biased and delusional with being a real fan or a graduate of said school.

cgvr is obviously a REAL fan and a ND graduate. Wants what's best for ND. He's just an eyes open realist who posts facts and isn't afraid to call it like it is rather than like he wishes it was and isn't.

You could learn a little something from him if you opened your eyes and your ears.

The noles always come to the defense of cgmr. He is unable to spell graduate.

Why do they defend him? I don't know. Here we have a nole giving us the correct definition of a ND fan.

Go Irish!

Originally posted by john0gaunt:
The noles always come to the defense of cgmr. He is unable to spell graduate.

Why do they defend him? I don't know. Here we have a nole giving us the correct definition of a ND fan.

Go Irish!
Someone has to. Would you rather Argus or one his 22 usernames set the standard for what a real ND fan is? Feel blessed. At least I'm unbiased.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I hate to feed trolls, but here I go.

I don't know what an Argus is, but there are more than 22 ND fans. Thanks for playing nole.

Go Irish!

Please tell me more about your golfing with Holtz.

I'm sure that went well in your fantasy world.

It's unfortunate that you pass yourself off as an ND fan.

FYI there are many alum that aren't thrilled with "purple head".

Some of us know what championship caliber football looks like.

Kelly's demonstrated it on occasion...

He is rudderless, "insanely" ballistic and inconsistent.

PS

Of the 12 head coaches w/ a min 5 yrs tenure
at ND kelly is outperforming Brennan,
Faust, Davie and Weis.

Factoid: "No Coach" from 1887-1893 tied Davie and beat Weis and
Faust.

8-5

8-5

12-1

9-4

8-5

No1e is unbiased???????

This is the same guy that said FSU never cheated, Bowden never cheated, Jamies had an ongoing affair with the girl he raped,that the Tallahassee Police had a fine investigation and Brian Kelly murdered Declan Sullivan!

Yep, no bias there!!!!!!

I do enjoy how the only people on the board who claim no knowledge of who Argus is or the back story there are all of the handles most likely to be argus

Shut up argus and go play golf with Holtz.

Originally posted by perseverare:
Friar the next "big thing" is out there; who knows maybe, just maybe ND has found him! Hope against hope!
It's possible. I think we are all a little underwhelmed with the offense based on Kelly's pre-ND reputation. Perhaps we will finally see us averaging 40+ points a game.

GO IRISH !

Originally posted by cgvr:
Really?

Thank you.

I wish swarbrick had told him to keep going the minute "Eagles" came out of his mouth.

He's a putz.

He needs one.
This guy knows a putz when he sees one....when he is in the mirror shaving. Kelly is a great football coach and he is going to be around for a while. Deal with it.

Brilliant.

As I stated, of the 12 head coaches w/ a minimum of 5 years at ND kelly is ahead of 4.

(weis yippeee, faust yahooo, davie huzzzzzah, brennan alriiiiight!

Go Irish!!! We're # 1! kelly's the best coach in CFB!

Some of us understand ND and excellence.

kelly has been all over the map and right now he stinks.

His record and ongoing game mismanagement proves that.

As stated, he needs an epiphany.

The great news is he'll be scared sh**less of Lyght and stay out his way.

Lyght and VanGorder together are going to be fun.....

PS If kelly continues to mess things up, here's how the staff should deal with him... link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqvajnhZDU

Sal:

it takes real dignity to have to have multiple ID's on a basic football discussion forum. That kind of person needs to do a self evaluation.

Originally posted by Epictitus:
No1e is unbiased???????

This is the same guy that said FSU never cheated, Bowden never cheated, Jamies had an ongoing affair with the girl he raped,that the Tallahassee Police had a fine investigation and Brian Kelly murdered Declan Sullivan!

Yep, no bias there!!!!!!
"Repeating a lie over and over again does not make the lie the truth"..... Theodore Roosevelt

Quit making stuff up or I will start listing the hundreds of idiotic statements you have made that "proves" you are a crazy wacko.

As I said.... I have no bias when it comes to ND. Deal with it.

---------- Hawkins: Sanford Would Be ‘Lights-Out’ Hire At Notre Dame.

7_974860.jpg

Sanford was Boise State’s backup quarterback from 2000-04 and played behind Jared Zabransky his senior year. Then-Boise State head coach, Dan Hawkins, didn’t select Sanford to start on the field. But as a coach, Hawkins believes Sanford would be a top-notch hire for Notre Dame.

“To me, I think he’s got the full package and clearly there, being a loyal Catholic guy myself, I think he embodies all the things that Notre Dame is about,” said Hawkins. “And it is football, it’s very good football and it’s winning football, but it’s also other things too. And I think he gets that whole big picture.”

“He was very steady,” Hawkins said. “He always knew what was going on. He was vey much into it – prepared like he was going to play every snap. You knew that if you went to him he’d be ready. He was very supportive of everybody else on the team. A good leader. All those things that you’d want out of your quarterback.

“It’s huge,” Hawkins said. “I think he just understands all of it. There are so many subtleties that go along with it. It’s not just the X’s and O’s. It’s the intensity, it’s the competitiveness, it’s the organization, it’s the details.

“All the little nuances that make everything go. He was just a football junkie. He was always around the office. He was a gym rat. And that’s the benefit of him growing up around it and just observing it first-hand.”

“He was always kind of the assistant coach on the sideline,” Hawkins said. “He was always being able to directly help the other guys and knew what was going on and stayed tapped in and be sort of a mentor to the guy who was on the field.”

“I think he gets the whole concept that it is a players game and it’s about loving those guys up,” said Hawkins. “It’s about making those guys feel good about themselves and he gets the fact that it’s about what the players can do. What can they do and how can you help them do what they do better.

“Clearly he’s been in a very multi-faceted offense. He’s not been branded in one scheme or another. I think he totally understands and believes in the run game and the play-action pass game and the quarterback’s got to be protected.

“I think he understands that the quarterback’s got to be allowed to have a system that allows him to flourish. That’s protection, that’s check downs, that’s reads, that’s decision making. I think he’s got a pretty good background.”

“He loves the players and he’s a very good person,” Hawkins said. “And yeah, he knows football and yeah, he knows how to win and all of that. He’s a guy that you want your son to play for because you know he’s going to love them and take care of them and be concerned about them as people and off the field, as well as understand how to take care of them as a football player.

“And obviously the parent that wants their kid to go to Notre Dame wants to win football games and go to the NFL but also understands the big picture. There’s an academic side to it, there’s a social side to it, there’s a spiritual side to it.

“Everybody wants to win a national championship and play in the NFL, but you also understand that’s a small snippet of your life. There’s a bigger part of your life. And I think Mike, that’s an authentic part of who he is.”

If Sanford comes to Notre Dame, he would immediately face a quarterback competition that could determine the Irish offense’s identity this fall. Everett Golson who has worked in a spread system.

“He would be great,” Hawkins said. “He’s going to be very genuinely interested in both guys. It’s not just going to be about production for him. I think they’re going to get a sense of how much he cares about them as people and really wants to see them develop as players and as people. And Mike’s not hung up on the system.

“I think Brian Kelly’s going to determine what that is anyway. Mike just wants those guys to be really good at what they do. And then the guy who’s best at what he does will end up being the starting quarterback.”

I hope he stays with the Irish for a while and keeps working with Kizer. I think Coach Sanford and Coach Kelly have done a great job with the young QB. Coach Sanford is a real calm and cool Coach and just like Deshone is a calm cool QB.

Really?

Thank you.

He's a putz.

He needs one.
c'mon. we all know you hate Kelly. that said Kelly is probably one of the favorites to be national coach of the year once again. right now dabo has a lock on it but if they slip up and nd keeps winning Kelly may garner another one. he's done a phenomenal considering all the adversity this team has been presented with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT