ADVERTISEMENT

The line...same old same old...

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
HH might get an individual drafted high but collectively as a group the line ALWAYS has issues in the big games. ALWAYS.

The communication with the line is absolutely atrocious.

Look at the rushing stats and make no mistake BK's offense was predictable and monotonous but in all of BK's biggest games minus clemson covid game and OU in 2012...our rushing stats were embarrassing. If you've got two games with good rushing stats against top opponents in 13 years.....
You've got real trouble. As in your line is lousy or your backs are terrible.

Tonight the center and guard (both) several times allowed 51 to come in unscathed. One play in particular the center went left and the guard went right. That's communication error. But HOW? They're right beside each other. It's ok to scream out I GOT #51. It's no god damn mystery someone is blocking him. He knows someone is blocking him.
Yet he walked right in untouched.

One play someone at my house suggested it looked like a screen. Ok. .you have to at least chip him...then let him go. You can't just do nothing with him. Again...he walked right in untouched.

HH might do great things with them as individuals but collectively as a group no.
We don't impose our will on anyone noteworthy.

Again...look at the putrid rushing stats against our top competition.
We obliterate the weak and go collectively 38 for 52 yards as example against the tough.

Same shit tonight. 30 for 76 yards.

P A T H E T I C

Oh well...at least we got all the mystery out of the way and know exactly where we stack up against good teams.

Nothing new going on in S.B. just yet.

Reactions: football1irish
I definitely agree, and it's so frustrating to see yet another lackluster performance on the ground. We have been deemed "O-Line U" and were heaped all sorts of pre-season hype such as being a top candidate for the Joe Moore award. For a program with such a great reputation we sure don't ever seem to show up when it matters most. You would think we were mid 90s Nebraska and running for 7 yards a carry against top programs if you only read the publicity and never watched the games. Just once I want to see this offensive line manhandle the elite competition and impose its will in the trenches instead of being on the wrong side of the bullying.

I'd give the 2017 line a pass but they were a no show the one time they faced a great front seven against Georgia, averaging a pathetic 1.5 ypc.

HH might get an individual drafted high but collectively as a group the line ALWAYS has issues in the big games. ALWAYS.

Look at the rushing stats and make no mistake BK's offense was predictable and monotonous but in all of BK's biggest games minus clemson covid game and OU in 2012...our rushing stats were embarrassing. If you've got two games with good rushing stats against top opponents in 13 years.....

Tonight the center and guard (both) several times allowed 51 to come in unscathed. One play in particular the center went left and the guard went right. That's communication error. But HOW? They're right beside each other. It's ok to scream out I GOT #51. It's no god damn mystery someone is blocking him. He knows someone is blocking him.

One play someone at my house suggested it looked like a screen. Ok. .you have to at least chip him...then let him go. You can't just do nothing with him. Again...he walked right in untouched.

HH might do great things with them as individuals but collectively as a group no.

We obliterate the weak and go collectively 38 for 52 yards as example against the tough.

P A T H E T I C

Oh well...at least we got all the mystery out of the way and know exactly where we stack up against good teams.

I agree 1000%.

P A T H E T I C

When you take away sacks it's actually 25 for 95 ish... Not good enough but not horrible considering the competition.

Not sold on Zeke. He's just too undersized.

When you take away sacks it's actually 25 for 95 ish... Not good enough but not horrible considering the competition.

Not sold on Zeke. He's just too undersized.
Taking sacks away...a sack as we only got one...OSU had about 180 on the ground against us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT