ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 is way overvalued

end_23

ND Expert
May 23, 2015
Jaco, Costa Rica
In all honesty, can we all at least agree that the Big Ten is the most overrated conference in the country?

The Pac12 is the strongest conference based on its depth. I'll take Washington, Washington St, USC, Stanford when healthy, Utah, and Colorado any day of the week over Penn State and Michigan.

Last edited:
In all honesty, can we all at least agree that the Big Ten is the most overrated conference in the country?

The Pac12 is the strongest conference based on its depth. I'll take Washington, Washington St, USC, Stanford when healthy, Utah, and Colorado any day of the week over Penn State and Michigan.

Suggest you review head/head games the last 1-2 years.
If you don't realize how dumb you are then - you could possibly be retarded.

Some help.
2016-09-17 Nebraska 35 - 32 Oregon home
2016-09-17 Michigan 45 - 28 Colorado home
2016-09-03 Rutgers 13 - 48 Washington away
2016-09-01 Minnesota 30 - 23 Oregon State home
2016-01-01 Iowa 16 - 45 Stanford
2015-12-30 Wisconsin 23 - 21 Southern California
2015-12-26 Nebraska 37 - 29 UCLA
2015-09-12 Michigan 35 - 7 Oregon State home
2015-09-12 Rutgers 34 - 37 Washington State home
2015-09-12 Michigan State 31 - 28 Oregon home
2015-09-05 Northwestern 16 - 6 Stanford home
2015-09-03 Michigan 17 - 24 Utah away
2015-01-12 Ohio State 42 - 20 Oregon Arlington

It's a pathetic joke that the big ten is even considered. All the "top" teams just beat up on Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana, NW, Maryland, Illiniois, and MSU. Then a crappy Iowa team beats Michigan.

Final 4:
Bama
Louisville
Clemson
Washington

Normally I agree with most of your posts...however ...

Present day I believe the most overrated conference is
#1 big 12 where defense is optional
#2 SEC...yes the sec. Bama is great but how great I'm not sure. the rest of the sec is very very pedestrian. there are some very bad teams in the sec.
You trendy folk will say I'm crazy for blasting the sec but I'm telling you this...top to bottom...the acc, big 10, and pac 12 IMO as a whole are better than the sec and miles better than the big 12

Suggest you review head/head games the last 1-2 years.
If you don't realize how dumb you are then - you could possibly be retarded.

I have a son who is both physically and mentally handicapped. I am an advocate for special needs community - like anyone else, members are capable of some amazing things when given the chance and support.
I always cringe when people use the term "retarded" to describe a normally developing person doing or saying something "stupid". Our kids aren't stupid but they do often process more slowly or have limitations.
While I'm sure it was not your intention to use handicapped people as a reference point for stupidity I hope you will consider to not use retarded in that way going forward.
Go Irish.

I have a son who is both physically and mentally handicapped. I am an advocate for special needs community - like anyone else, members are capable of some amazing things when given the chance and support.
I always cringe when people use the term "retarded" to describe a normally developing person doing or saying something "stupid". Our kids aren't stupid but they do often process more slowly or have limitations.
While I'm sure it was not your intention to use handicapped people as a reference point for stupidity I hope you will consider to not use retarded in that way going forward.
Go Irish.

Sorry - Ask him if he thinks the Big 10 is weaker than the Pac 10 for us.

Michigan and Ohio State are very good. After that, it's a whole lot of average. Reminds me of last season when Big Ten fans thought Iowa and Sparty should both be in the playoff. They both ended up losing 40-3 or whatever in their bowl games.

Normally I agree with most of your posts...however ...

Present day I believe the most overrated conference is
#1 big 12 where defense is optional
#2 SEC...yes the sec. Bama is great but how great I'm not sure. the rest of the sec is very very pedestrian. there are some very bad teams in the sec.
You trendy folk will say I'm crazy for blasting the sec but I'm telling you this...top to bottom...the acc, big 10, and pac 12 IMO as a whole are better than the sec and miles better than the big 12
I'll meet you halfway because, yes, the SEC looks pretty crappy again outside of Bama. They are all by themselves in college football right now.

Why I come down on the big ten is because outside of the 2014 OSU year, the B10 gets crushed during bowl season. As a conference, the Big10 has a .500 or below winning percentage every bowl season since 2003, except for the 2014 season. That's what I look at as a true barometer.

Of course Bama was going to crush any team they played in that F4 game last year. Like I said earlier, Bama is their own conference. But I look deeper for examples of how overrated the B10 is. Stanford thrashed Iowa in the Rose Bowl. Drop down even more and Tennessee throttled Northwestern in an even lesser bowl.

Ohio State is the only team I respect in that conference.

I'll meet you halfway because, yes, the SEC looks pretty crappy again outside of Bama. They are all by themselves in college football right now.

Why I come down on the big ten is because outside of the 2014 OSU year, the B10 gets crushed during bowl season. As a conference, the Big10 has a .500 or below winning percentage every bowl season since 2003, except for the 2014 season. That's what I look at as a true barometer.

Of course Bama was going to crush any team they played in that F4 game last year. Like I said earlier, Bama is their own conference. But I look deeper for examples of how overrated the B10 is. Stanford thrashed Iowa in the Rose Bowl. Drop down even more and Tennessee throttled Northwestern in an even lesser bowl.

Ohio State is the only team I respect in that conference.

Guess you missed Wiscky and Nebby over UCLA and USC last year in Cal bowl games.

SEC is still strongest conference.
Big Ten is clearly next best.
PAC 12 or ACC is a closer call but I'd give slight edge to PAC 12.
ACC is better than Big12.

To suggest anything less just shows your bias against the Big Ten and general lack of knowledge.

Go Irish.

Sadly, we have a president elect that makes fun of disabled people too. Some role model for kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT