ADVERTISEMENT

The best win since 1993 vs FSU

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
Last night's game was the best performance by our beloved since the 1993 "game of the century" against FSU.

I know some might point to the weird Covid year game against Clemson but that's not even close. I'll explain....

Last night's performance was very Holtz esque. Not just the big win itself but the way it was won.

We dominated a top 5 team in a huge game. All phases of the game!!
We owned the LOS against a tough front seven. That alone was very refreshing and has been an eternity since our offense imposed it's will in a game like this. Many times Clemson knew we were running, where we were running and it didn't matter. That was definitely a flashback to the Holtz days where the prettier team got all the accolades and we smacked them in the jaw and got the victory. Man style.

We played defense with a chip on our shoulder and played with attitude. Gang tackle galore. Everybody wanted to get a shot in and punish. Every player wanted to make the next big play.

Special teams....
Even with a missed field goal and some touchback punts our special teams dominated. That special teams blocked punt score and another near block had a huge impact. Our kick coverage was on point.

I know many of you, yours truly included were waiting for a huge play and momentum shift by Clemson but it never came.

Clemson tried hard to get a final garbage score to lessen the perception amid the trendy voters and committee but make no mistake the game wasn't close. 35-14 is a false perception because it wasn't even that close.

Great win and hopefully a new trend of things to come!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT