Baldomer

Here Come The Irish
Apr 21, 2015
recruiting improves.
Which it won't under Brey.
He is not what he should be.
He is what he is.
Let's see what dorks he recruits at the post position between now and the end
of the season for the April signing period.

At least Bonzie, Farrell and Torres are fun to watch and play beyond their talent.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
recruiting improves.
He is what he is.

At least Bonzie, Farrell and Torres are fun to watch and play beyond their talent.
Ouch!

There are about 10 schools that mine for diamonds the rest of us look for diamonds in the rough. We do occasionally get a McDonalds AA but if you think we are getting 4 a year with a different coach dream on.

Reactions: NDskins
I'm sorry.

A football school has gone to back-to-back Elite 8's, won the ACC, and is in the tournament nearly every year....................and you're complaining?

Did you think we suddenly became Duke of Kentucky?
This!

recruiting improves.
He is what he is.

Yes, I expect this losing streak to continue indefinitely, maybe even for several years. Our next win might be in 2020 for all we know. I think we play Lehigh that season, and we should beat them, right?

Look, you guys just don't seem to understand how ugly and dirty college basketball recruiting is. ND CHOOSES NOT to recruit the way others do. They don't use recruiters, middle men, street agents. ND chooses not to pay people to meet a player, to ingratiate themselves to a player. That is by intent by the Administration, BOT, Swarbrick and Jenkins. Basketball recruiting is really, really sleazy. Given the restraints, the cultural divides between recruits and the way other teams recruit - and the way ND chooses to recruit, Brey and company have done a remarkable job. They are competitive almost each year. It is stunning how often we have gotten into the sweet 16 or the final 8. Given the schools restrictions, recruiting, academic, cultural, it is really a job well done by the program to be so competitive. If you expect ND to change, to be like everyone else, you're wrong - it won't. Not happening here at our school. If Brey could miraculously find one big inside player to go with the traditional pieces he puts together each year, we might have something. Otherwise, it is what it is. My only disappointment is that Brey has trouble coaching both ends of the court, or so it appears.

Reactions: chitown sot
Brey has been forced to do more with less and I believe that there are very few coaches who could have done better. We have been talking about upgrading the facilities Brey's entire tenure, They still practice in the Pit which is where they practiced when I was at ND in tbe mid 70s. We don't go for one and dones and those folk would be foolish to choose ND. Academics would get in their way.

There are too many obstacles in recruiting, even after two elite 8s in a row.

Getting good bigs is the big issue in my mind. Geben was actually pretty highly rated. I think he was just outside the top 100. So was Auguste. Francis would have been great but for his injury.

Brey has been forced to do more with less and I believe that there are very few coaches who could have done better. We have been talking about upgrading the facilities Brey's entire tenure, They still practice in the Pit which is where they practiced when I was at ND in tbe mid 70s. We don't go for one and dones and those folk would be foolish to choose ND. Academics would get in their way.

There are too many obstacles in recruiting, even after two elite 8s in a row.

Getting good bigs is the big issue in my mind. Geben was actually pretty highly rated. I think he was just outside the top 100. So was Auguste. Francis would have been great but for his injury.
To be accurate, they practice in Purcell most of the time, unless there is a conflict, or Brey wants to "close " practice to outsiders, which is tough to do in Purcell. That was the reason for the practice in the pit last week.

Well, they avoided losing tonight against Wake Forest, a no 32 kenpom ranked team, tonight. Took a beating on the boards but buried them from 3 shooting over 50 % the second half.

recruiting improves.
He is what he is.

Buguit -- is that you in disguise???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT